Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Girl, 8, handcuffed, jailed for two hours

jmyha rickman love joy elementary school handcuffed jailed

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#16    Lilly

Lilly

Forum Divinity

• 19,220 posts

• "To thine own self be true" William Shakespeare

Posted 06 March 2013 - 08:00 PM

View PostGummug, on 06 March 2013 - 06:49 PM, said:

I can almost see the cops handcuffing her if she was being physically/verbally abusive towards them, which I suspect she was (and towards everyone else I suspect). Also, just a thought, maybe she was known for wanting to go the bathroom for other reasons...then again, I could be totally wrong, I think a person would about have to have been there and seen it first-hand.

You make a good point, if the handcuffing was done to keep the child from hurting herself and others it may have been warranted. The bottom line (for me anyway) is that this is a very young child...certainly there's some type of serious mental health issue involved in her behaviour. The need for professionals in mental health (verses law enforcement) seem to make far more sense to me.

"Ignorance is ignorance. It is a state of mind, not an opinion." ~MID~

Posted Image

#17    Professor Buzzkill

Professor Buzzkill

Integrity is all we have

• 2,979 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 08:03 PM

I didn't know having a tantrum when your 8 was an arrestable offence.

#18    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 11,960 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 08:11 PM

It is these days! Luckily, she didn't eat her Pop-Tart into the shape of a gun.

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated." - Hunt for the Skinwalker

"The ultimate irony of the Disclosure movement is that it deeply distrusts officialdom, while simultaneously looking to officialdom for the truth." - Robbie Graham Silver Screen Saucers

#19    Lilly

Lilly

Forum Divinity

• 19,220 posts

• "To thine own self be true" William Shakespeare

Posted 06 March 2013 - 08:22 PM

Some legal responses to what kids do are absolutely ridiculous. Our society needs to apply far more common sense and less of the  'one rule fits all situations' nonsense currently seen.

"Ignorance is ignorance. It is a state of mind, not an opinion." ~MID~

Posted Image

#20    Ashotep

Ashotep

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,975 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 06 March 2013 - 08:35 PM

I bet it wasn't the first time they had problems with this kid.  While I'm not crazy about handcuffing children they may of had no other choice.  If she does have mental problems she needs to be somewhere they can deal with that and not in a public school where she could hurt other children.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users