Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

when people use disability as an excuse to

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#16    pallidin

pallidin

Telekinetic

• 6,722 posts

• "When life gets you down... swim with a dolphin"

Posted 06 March 2013 - 11:25 PM

I have always had general compassion for those with disabilities.

However, I've seen some(and know of one) that pushes the envelope, so-to-speak. That's another story.

But I recall a case when I was in rehab(alcohol), and there was this one dude in there for drug abuse, but had previously shot half his face off in a suicide attempt.

Anyway, we all felt sorry for him at first, but then he decided to bastardize everyone, so most of us stayed away from him.

Edited by pallidin, 06 March 2013 - 11:35 PM.

#17    Dragon Lover 21

Dragon Lover 21

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 02:02 AM

View PostBonecrusherPotlessjinxpotl, on 06 March 2013 - 11:23 PM, said:

Well I can picture  a disgruntled carer saying what did your last servant die from.
But you do have to make allowances despite how bossy they might seen.
It could be conceived that they are taking advantage but some of them are helpless as a newborn child.
The ones you really do need to be wary of are people with Aspergers if I'm the type.
They are perfectly capable of doing stuff but they don't because they feel like their condition entitles them to be lazy.
So they stay indoors as it's their god- given right to avoid social interaction.
^^^Well it does in my case so I need a really good kick up the backside.
However I'm certain there's other Aspies out there who are not so laidback.
So on a whole I don't think anybody with our condition do take advantage with me being an exception.
Tbh it's more complex than a guy in a wheelchair.

I have aspergers syndrome and stay in the house... I've really hurt people emotionally by accident. I just don't want to hurt anyone or get hurt so I hide. I'm not lazy I just don't like hurting people and I'm scared to go outside because I just might do it.

The world isn't black and white or even shades of grey, it's in color. Life is happy, sad, angry, exciting, boring, things change, things stay the same, and that's just how this perfectly imperfect world works.

(This is something I made up)

#18    ouija ouija

ouija ouija

dimple

• 10,116 posts

• I never walk alone.

Posted 28 June 2013 - 12:14 PM

View PostDragon Lover 21, on 28 June 2013 - 02:02 AM, said:

I have aspergers syndrome and stay in the house... I've really hurt people emotionally by accident. I just don't want to hurt anyone or get hurt so I hide. I'm not lazy I just don't like hurting people and I'm scared to go outside because I just might do it.
Welcome to UM, Dragon Lover! Hope you have fun here; there's lots of good people ........ just ignore the not-so-good ones!  :lol:

Life is all too much ............................................. and not enough.

It is only when you form your question precisely and accurately that you receive the true answer.

#19    GreenmansGod

GreenmansGod

Bio-Electric sentient being.

• 9,624 posts

• May the laughter ye give today return to thee 3 fold.

Posted 28 June 2013 - 10:16 PM

Sometimes you got to pull the disable card when you have to get fare treatment.  But my roommates mother uses it to abuse him. I really do hate her. But she has missed up big this time I think his is done.

"The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible." Salman Rushdie

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users