Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Is Immortality ever going to be possible?

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#16    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 16,704 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 06 March 2013 - 08:29 PM

View PostThe Silver Thong, on 06 March 2013 - 07:25 PM, said:

If you can find it the show Curiosity with Adam Savage did a really good job covering this and basicly yes near imortality will be possible.  Great show.
The Myth Busters guy? I'll check it out. Hope it is on Netflix of otherwise online.

Edited by DieChecker, 06 March 2013 - 08:30 PM.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#17    Mr Right Wing

Mr Right Wing

Poltergeist

• Banned
  • 2,924 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 10:43 PM

View Postali smack, on 06 March 2013 - 06:07 PM, said:

do you think scientists will ever be able to create immortality?

Scientists already know that sex hormones (estrogen and testosterone) lengthen telomeres.

For men they can safely upregulate their testosterone production by taking D-aspartic acid with an aromatase inhibitor.
1. D-aspartic acid - This is one of humans essential amino acids. To get a high enough dose you'd be looking at a gym supplement unless you fancy drinking 2 litres of milk a day.
2. Aromatase inhibitors - Lots of Blueberries, strawberries, grapes, cherries, blackberries, redcurrants, blackcurrents, cranberries, etc.

The side effects are it makes you aggressive, gives you a high sex drive and makes your genitalia grow. For women you need a source of estradiol or to take D-aspartic acid with aromatase (I dont think you can legally buy it).

D-aspartic acid is turned into testosterone by the human body and aromatase converts it into estrogen.

Edited by Mr Right Wing, 06 March 2013 - 10:50 PM.

#18    Queen in the North

Queen in the North

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,509 posts

• We're more Ceefax people.

Posted 06 March 2013 - 11:21 PM

I dearly hope not.

If we ever manage it, it will be worst type imaginable, as us humans would probably just screw it up. We'd be able to live for hundreds of years, staying at age 75 or so, not in our 20s, knowing our luck!

If we live forever, nothing will ever change, will it? The same people will continue to be in charge, it will never get passed down onto future generations to put right our wrongs.

Posted Image

#19    shrooma

shrooma

Needs an exorcist, not a shrink....

• 3,322 posts

• Live.
    Sin.
    Die.

Posted 06 March 2013 - 11:30 PM

i've already put my plan to live forever into action.
so far, it seems to be working....

"well we've ruined all the good bits, and cut down all the trees, and dumped the radiation into the deep blue seas.
we've ploughed up so much country just to get from A to B, just to move that little bit faster, in our five-speed luxuries-
just to move that little bit closer, to the world on your tv's."
-Culture Shock-

#20    aztek

aztek

Alien Abducter

• 5,329 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 04:35 PM

in a world we live in now, i don't think i want to live forever,

RESIDENT TROLL.

#21    Render

Render

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,080 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 12:23 PM

View Postali smack, on 06 March 2013 - 06:07 PM, said:

do you think scientists will ever be able to create immortality?

I think with how far humanity and science has already come it would be silly to say something is impossible.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users