Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Transgender fighter wants to fight in the UFC

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

Poll: Transgender fighter wants to fight in the UFC (26 member(s) have cast votes)

Should she be able to fight women?

1. Yes (4 votes [15.38%])

Percentage of vote: 15.38%

2. No (18 votes [69.23%])

Percentage of vote: 69.23%

3. Not sure (4 votes [15.38%])

Percentage of vote: 15.38%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#31    CrimsonKing

CrimsonKing

Common Sense Aficionado

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,575 posts

• "It does not require a majority to prevail,but rather an irate,tireless minority keen to set brushfires in peoples minds" Sam Adams

Posted 09 March 2013 - 02:36 PM

View PostIron_Lotus, on 08 March 2013 - 02:56 AM, said:

Even the article contradicts itself saying she has been this way for over 10 years,then saying starting in 2006 which just now being 2013 would make 6 or 7 years depending on the timing of its decision.

I understand the part about therapy it has had changing its body,but there are things the therapy cannot reverse aswell.

Kedzie is crazy there is a reason her nickname used to be "Cheerleader on crack" lol,she has been beat by the 2 best fighters she has faced miesha tate and gina carano if she ever faces cyborg or rhonda she would be dismantled quite easily,though i give her credit she is a tough lady.

As was stated in the article though at least this is a sport where one can somewhat choose their opponent,i think there should be a little more outrage over this story though it knocks out a woman in a fight without ever disclosing its med history first.Kind of messed up,me and every opponent i have had has undergone a full physical and blood work before our fights to make sure no risk of blood illnesses or ped's.

"If it is not advantageous,do not move.If objectives can not be attained,do not employ the army.Unless endangered do not engage in warfare.The ruler cannot mobilize the army out of personal anger.The general can not engage in battle because of personal frustration.When it is advantageous,move;when not advantageous,stop.Anger can revert to happiness,annoyance can revert to joy,but a vanquished state cannot be revived,the dead cannot be brought back to life." Sun-Tzu

#32    CrimsonKing

CrimsonKing

Common Sense Aficionado

• 1,575 posts

• "It does not require a majority to prevail,but rather an irate,tireless minority keen to set brushfires in peoples minds" Sam Adams

Posted 09 March 2013 - 02:39 PM

View PostIron_Lotus, on 09 March 2013 - 02:32 PM, said:

thatd be a decent idea, unfortunately there wouldnt be much competition lol.

I still think if the olympics would accept her as a woman i think the commission may end up doing the very same

In this era of political correctness you are probably correct lotus,i see where you are coming from your not exactly advocating it just saying it is a likely possibility and letting the ones who actually have a say in it make the call.

"If it is not advantageous,do not move.If objectives can not be attained,do not employ the army.Unless endangered do not engage in warfare.The ruler cannot mobilize the army out of personal anger.The general can not engage in battle because of personal frustration.When it is advantageous,move;when not advantageous,stop.Anger can revert to happiness,annoyance can revert to joy,but a vanquished state cannot be revived,the dead cannot be brought back to life." Sun-Tzu

#33    Iron_Lotus

Iron_Lotus

Happy

• 1,702 posts

• I'll scream for you in whispers, because I always hated being too loud.

Posted 09 March 2013 - 02:45 PM

View PostCrimsonKing, on 09 March 2013 - 02:39 PM, said:

In this era of political correctness you are probably correct lotus,i see where you are coming from your not exactly advocating it just saying it is a likely possibility and letting the ones who actually have a say in it make the call.

yeah, i don't neccesarily agree with it but at the end of the day its not up to me, you, or anyone else but the commission. personally i feel that in cases like this IF its allowed stringent testing better be in place as well as more severe punishments if by sooome chance she is ever popped for PED's.

#34    CrimsonKing

CrimsonKing

Common Sense Aficionado

• 1,575 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 02:59 PM

View PostIron_Lotus, on 09 March 2013 - 02:45 PM, said:

yeah, i don't neccesarily agree with it but at the end of the day its not up to me, you, or anyone else but the commission. personally i feel that in cases like this IF its allowed stringent testing better be in place as well as more severe punishments if by sooome chance she is ever popped for PED's.

Could you imagine if cleared then it failed a test for steroids :o  haha

#35    Iron_Lotus

Iron_Lotus

Happy

• 1,702 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 03:10 PM

View PostCrimsonKing, on 09 March 2013 - 02:59 PM, said:

Could you imagine if cleared then it failed a test for steroids :o  haha

it would be a shame if she did, but it would be easy to catch because besides the adrenal glands she doesn't naturally produce any testosterone but at the same time clear cheats have learned how to cycle effectively... up to a point (lookin at you overeem/cyborg)

personally if i were her i would have VADA testing my blood and submitting the results on a monthly or bi monthly to the commisions as a show of good faith. honestly i think every athlete should be doing that but it is what it is. it's already unfair allowing men to have a 6:1 ratio in the first place which is crazy but blah once again getting into a steroid/ped discussion lol

#36    CrimsonKing

CrimsonKing

Common Sense Aficionado

• 1,575 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 03:25 PM

View PostIron_Lotus, on 09 March 2013 - 03:10 PM, said:

it would be a shame if she did, but it would be easy to catch because besides the adrenal glands she doesn't naturally produce any testosterone but at the same time clear cheats have learned how to cycle effectively... up to a point (lookin at you overeem/cyborg)

personally if i were her i would have VADA testing my blood and submitting the results on a monthly or bi monthly to the commisions as a show of good faith. honestly i think every athlete should be doing that but it is what it is. it's already unfair allowing men to have a 6:1 ratio in the first place which is crazy but blah once again getting into a steroid/ped discussion lol

Yeah i know what you mean,i have never taken steroids but i know others who have.Most are always so bulked up they almost void any fast twitch fibers they have for punching and also seem to gas fairly quickly.I have high enough test levels naturally do not need any extra lol.I fought one guy and there was no doubt in my mind he was cheating just was very good at it,he got the takedown in the 1st did nothing but try to hold me down the whole damn round 2nd comes along i saw him open his mouth trying to breath deeply put a left on his chin mouthpiece went flying KO! :lol:  Now days with blood doping,roids,hgh it is getting harder and harder to catch cheaters.

#37    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 09 March 2013 - 04:27 PM

Unfair play is against UFC rules anyways. Every fight is a fair fight.

#38    Detective Mystery 2014

Detective Mystery 2014

Poltergeist

• 2,516 posts

• Mysteries are tomorrow's histories.

Posted 10 March 2013 - 03:22 AM

View PostIron_Lotus, on 09 March 2013 - 02:32 PM, said:

thatd be a decent idea, unfortunately there wouldnt be much competition lol.

I still think if the olympics would accept her as a woman i think the commission may end up doing the very same

Do you think that the Olympic Committee would do so? Remember the South African who was of indeterminate sex.

There is one reality with billions of versions.

#39    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 12,561 posts
  • Location:Safford, Arizona...My heart and soul are still on the Oregon Coast.

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 10 March 2013 - 03:37 AM

Does a trangenders birth certificate get changed from boy to girl?

So, if I get my schlong cut off, can I compete in the WNBA?

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

#40    Iron_Lotus

Iron_Lotus

Happy

• 1,702 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 04:01 AM

View PostDetective Mystery 2013, on 10 March 2013 - 03:22 AM, said:

Do you think that the Olympic Committee would do so? Remember the South African who was of indeterminate sex.

based on what was established in 2004 by the olympic commitee yes she would be although mma is not a part of the olympics were she a wrestler, or in track and field and so on and so forth she would

im unfamiliar with the south african you brought up though.

#41    the1truebat

the1truebat

The Be All End All of the Universe

• 3,861 posts

• Yeah, I am that good.

Posted 10 March 2013 - 04:09 AM

Caster Semenya is the name of the South African athlete. Is a intersexed person, meaning both male and female traits, no operation. So not quite the same as this fighter.

Edited by the1truebat, 10 March 2013 - 04:12 AM.

I am the guy with the stick.

#42    Detective Mystery 2014

Detective Mystery 2014

Poltergeist

• 2,516 posts

• Mysteries are tomorrow's histories.

Posted 10 March 2013 - 04:28 AM

View PostIron_Lotus, on 10 March 2013 - 04:01 AM, said:

based on what was established in 2004 by the olympic commitee yes she would be although mma is not a part of the olympics were she a wrestler, or in track and field and so on and so forth she would

im unfamiliar with the south african you brought up though.

True Bat recalled her name. The athlete was a hermaphrodite with more testosterone than her competitors, and True Bat was right in that her situation wasn't the same as the transsexual fighter's situation. There's one relevant similarity, though. Both athletes have bigger and stronger bones and muscles than their normal female competitors, which gives them a big edge.

There is one reality with billions of versions.

#43    Iron_Lotus

Iron_Lotus

Happy

• 1,702 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 04:44 AM

View PostDetective Mystery 2013, on 10 March 2013 - 04:28 AM, said:

True Bat recalled her name. The athlete was a hermaphrodite with more testosterone than her competitors, and True Bat was right in that her situation wasn't the same as the transsexual fighter's situation. There's one relevant similarity, though. Both athletes have bigger and stronger bones and muscles than their normal female competitors, which gives them a big edge.

i wont argue bone structure but from what ive been reading both bone density and muscle density and the ability to put on muscle is on the same level with a naturally born female after a few years or so of hormone replacement therapy.

as for caster im not really going to comment im not familiar with her case however theres legal limits set on testosterone levels if she was within the limit and with olympic level testing it is what it is. ive already stated how i feel about T:E levels

#44    coolguy

coolguy

Psychic Spy

• 1,965 posts

• Star trek rules

Posted 10 March 2013 - 04:51 AM

I also voted no sure its a thin line she is stronger then other women so its unfair

#45    the1truebat

the1truebat

The Be All End All of the Universe

• 3,861 posts

• Yeah, I am that good.

Posted 10 March 2013 - 05:19 AM

In an odd kind of way, if this person is allowed to fight it could pave the way to true equality in some respects.

I am the guy with the stick.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users