Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

north korea's 'pre emptive' strike against US

• Please log in to reply
97 replies to this topic

#46    Himawari69

Himawari69

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 304 posts

• No matter how hard I grip the crown, in the end,it won't matter, because I will not die a queen

Posted 07 March 2013 - 10:15 PM

View Postshrooma, on 07 March 2013 - 09:51 PM, said:

hima, you can't base an opinon on just one source, you have to hear the tale from every perspective, and then decide how you feel.....

hima, you can't base an opinon on just one source, you have to hear the tale from every perspective, and then decide how you feel.....
I did hear the tale from every perspective, there was a soldier that had to leave North Korea because he accidentally broadcasted the wrong news and they were going to kill him ( stupid reason to kill someone for) he managed to escape to the south but his friend got electrocuted from the fence bordering the north( poor guy never made it) anyway they asked him what became of his family and he just cried and said "I'd rather not talk about it" anyway the camera people managed to interview a few people and they're not allowed to talk ill about the governor or they will be killed, they're also not allowed to leave the place or have contact with other countries-sounds like a prison to me

#47    shrooma

shrooma

Government Agent

• Banned
  • 3,985 posts

• Live.
    Sin.
    Die.

Posted 07 March 2013 - 10:16 PM

View Postpallidin, on 07 March 2013 - 10:03 PM, said:

At least take-out the leadership with one good bomb while they're congregated at some function.
(and then the oscars.
and parliament.
x-factor auditions.
-insert country- got talent.
congress.
justin beiber's next studio session.
justin beiber.
for a start....)
;-)

"Get off your knees, the party's over."
-How do you sleep-
The Stone Roses.

#48    shrooma

shrooma

Government Agent

• Banned
  • 3,985 posts

• Live.
    Sin.
    Die.

Posted 07 March 2013 - 10:43 PM

View PostStellar, on 07 March 2013 - 10:05 PM, said:

Now let me rephrase my post in a way that the simpleminded may understand:
which part of the word 'intent' are you having trouble with, god?
would you like me to post a link to the OED, or would that just be me 'strolling around' talking sh!t about something I 'know nothing about'?
wind your neck in, boy.
i'm p!ssed, and can still see both sides of an argument, whereas you don't seem to be able to see the side you're on.
and please, condescend to me some more, as i'm not done with tonight's 'meh' quota.

-How do you sleep-
The Stone Roses.

#49    Stellar

Stellar

Forum Divinity

• 14,903 posts

• The objective of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the other son of a b**** die for his!
    -Patton

Posted 07 March 2013 - 11:13 PM

Are you thick or are you just slow? My whole point is that you can't just "cancel" a ceasefire. You are either not engaged on hostilities, or you are engaged in hostilities. It doesn't make sense to say that you're "canceling" a ceasefire yet won't engage in hostilities as that is nothing more than a contradiction---meaning that they're either trying to look completely stupid if they do that, or this "cancelation" is synonymous to "were going to attack you"

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent."

----Seraphina

#50    CrimsonKing

CrimsonKing

Common Sense Aficionado

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,061 posts

• "It does not require a majority to prevail,but rather an irate,tireless minority keen to set brushfires in peoples minds" Sam Adams

Posted 07 March 2013 - 11:16 PM

View Postshrooma, on 07 March 2013 - 10:09 PM, said:

my mistake ex, sorry.
(it IS my birthday, and the brandy has been flowing like.. erm.... wine, since dinnertime.....

Happy B-day shrooma!

I actually could add a bit to this discussion as far as the history of it,my grandfather was a marine during the Korean war and i have been taught a great deal on it.From what i have read so far though this subject can bring about some arguing and im sick so i dont feel like arguing lol

One of the more interesting subjects about this war look up the  "The Frozen Chosin"

"If it is not advantageous,do not move.If objectives can not be attained,do not employ the army.Unless endangered do not engage in warfare.The ruler cannot mobilize the army out of personal anger.The general can not engage in battle because of personal frustration.When it is advantageous,move;when not advantageous,stop.Anger can revert to happiness,annoyance can revert to joy,but a vanquished state cannot be revived,the dead cannot be brought back to life." Sun-Tzu

#51    shrooma

shrooma

Government Agent

• Banned
  • 3,985 posts

• Live.
    Sin.
    Die.

Posted 07 March 2013 - 11:33 PM

View PostCrimsonKing, on 07 March 2013 - 11:16 PM, said:

Happy B-day shrooma!

I actually could add a bit to this discussion as far as the history of it,my grandfather was a marine
cheers king, old love!
(as we yorkshire types call folk!)
aren't you forces yourself, or am I mixing you up with someone else??

-How do you sleep-
The Stone Roses.

#52    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 14,479 posts

• I love chocolate

Posted 07 March 2013 - 11:39 PM

View Postshrooma, on 07 March 2013 - 10:09 PM, said:

my mistake ex, sorry.
(it IS my birthday, and the brandy has been flowing like.. erm.... wine, since dinnertime.....
Happy Birthday you old fart! :w00t:

#53    shrooma

shrooma

Government Agent

• Banned
  • 3,985 posts

• Live.
    Sin.
    Die.

Posted 07 March 2013 - 11:48 PM

View PostStellar, on 07 March 2013 - 11:13 PM, said:

Are you thick or are you just slow? My whole point is that you can't just "cancel" a ceasefire. You are either not engaged on hostilities, or you are engaged in hostilities. It doesn't make sense to say that you're "canceling" a ceasefire yet won't engage in hostilities
ok, dummy, i'm going to spell this out for you 'reel slo like', so you can get a grasp of it.
l-o-o-k. u-p. t-h-e. w-o-r-d. 'intent' i-n. t-h-e. 'dikshuneri'.
slow enough for you?
or do you want me to post a link?
(adds a quick 'meh' to the condescending piece of sh!t's lame attempt at condescention.)
.....i'll see your risible attempt at logic, pendejo, and raise you a double füčkíňg 'm-m-e-e-h-h'
-link for 'intent' coming up-
kúrvá.

-How do you sleep-
The Stone Roses.

#54    CrimsonKing

CrimsonKing

Common Sense Aficionado

• 2,061 posts

• "It does not require a majority to prevail,but rather an irate,tireless minority keen to set brushfires in peoples minds" Sam Adams

Posted 07 March 2013 - 11:49 PM

View Postshrooma, on 07 March 2013 - 11:33 PM, said:

cheers king, old love!
(as we yorkshire types call folk!)
aren't you forces yourself, or am I mixing you up with someone else??

LOL Cheers!Im thinking about getting a bit of whiskey later myself,im sick and have a bum knee so about time to do some drinkin haha.

No i joined the marines myself about 2 weeks before i left to go was in a bad car wreck that messed me up for almost a year.My little bro is a marine,almost my whole family has served in 1 branch or another.

"If it is not advantageous,do not move.If objectives can not be attained,do not employ the army.Unless endangered do not engage in warfare.The ruler cannot mobilize the army out of personal anger.The general can not engage in battle because of personal frustration.When it is advantageous,move;when not advantageous,stop.Anger can revert to happiness,annoyance can revert to joy,but a vanquished state cannot be revived,the dead cannot be brought back to life." Sun-Tzu

#55    shrooma

shrooma

Government Agent

• Banned
  • 3,985 posts

• Live.
    Sin.
    Die.

Posted 08 March 2013 - 12:00 AM

View PostOverSword, on 07 March 2013 - 11:39 PM, said:

Happy Birthday you old fart! :w00t:
hahahahaha! OLD??
stonehenge is old.
hating gay people is old.
that 116yo chinese woman is REALLY old....
i'm just a drunken idiot with 10,000 miles on the clock and not a garage in sight!
:-)
(seriously though, thanks man, I can feel the love from here!)
;-)

-How do you sleep-
The Stone Roses.

#56    shrooma

shrooma

Government Agent

• Banned
  • 3,985 posts

• Live.
    Sin.
    Die.

Posted 08 March 2013 - 12:08 AM

king, i'm very anti-war myself, as you can probably tell by my posts, but I make ammunition crates for the army for a living, and have the utmost respect for the armed forces, because I know that soldiers don't start wars, politicians do, so I have nothing but contempt for the organisers, and nothing but respect for those that put their lives on the line on our behalf.

-How do you sleep-
The Stone Roses.

#57    CrimsonKing

CrimsonKing

Common Sense Aficionado

• 2,061 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 12:20 AM

View Postshrooma, on 08 March 2013 - 12:08 AM, said:

king, i'm very anti-war myself, as you can probably tell by my posts, but I make ammunition crates for the army for a living, and have the utmost respect for the armed forces, because I know that soldiers don't start wars, politicians do, so I have nothing but contempt for the organisers, and nothing but respect for those that put their lives on the line on our behalf.

Well said shrooma,i get mad as hell when i read people talking trash about the soldiers when really they should be looking at and blaming themselves and the ones they put in office.As my grandfather always told me war is hell and only the ones who return have to deal with it.I dont mind when others speak out against war i am not for it myself,but it is something that will never go away until we are all gone.As i tell others,soldiers themselves cannot declare war on anyone,that comes from the people they used their votes on.

#58    Stellar

Stellar

Forum Divinity

• 14,903 posts

• The objective of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the other son of a b**** die for his!
    -Patton

Posted 08 March 2013 - 12:22 AM

View Postshrooma, on 07 March 2013 - 11:48 PM, said:

ok, dummy, i'm going to spell this out for you 'reel slo like', so you can get a grasp of it.
l-o-o-k. u-p. t-h-e. w-o-r-d. 'intent' i-n. t-h-e. 'dikshuneri'.
slow enough for you?
or do you want me to post a link?
(adds a quick 'meh' to the condescending piece of sh!t's lame attempt at condescention.)
.....i'll see your risible attempt at logic, pendejo, and raise you a double fčkňg 'm-m-e-e-h-h'
-link for 'intent' coming up-
krv.

Sure! Post a link for me! And while you're at it, perhaps you can look up the word irrelevant?

Or, if you don't want to do any of that, how's about you explain to me exactly what is wrong with what I said? Or are you going to dodge that in the hopes of hiding you poor ability to comprehend what you are reading by simple responding with "meh"? It's pretty typical here. You could be like everyone else. Make a mistake, argue till your red in the face and then ignore further posts instead of manning up and admitting that you were at fault.

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent."

----Seraphina

#59    shrooma

shrooma

Government Agent

• Banned
  • 3,985 posts

• Live.
    Sin.
    Die.

Posted 08 March 2013 - 12:44 AM

Stellar, on 07 March 2013 -
08:45 PM, said:
How do you "cancel" a ceasefire?
Think about it. you can't "cancel a
ceasefire" unless they start
hostilities once again. You can't
"cancel" it and then sit there
*not* firing.
do you REALLY think north korea
are developing long range missiles
and nuclear weaponry so they
DON'T use them??
boy, am I glad you don't run a country, because if you did, you wouldn't be running it for long enough for your enemies to say
'race you to the capitol!!'
as much as your tired semantics may strike a chord with you, here on planet earth, cancelling a ceasefire, and developing nuclear weapons spells 'intent', so here's the link I promised you.
I didn't realise the 'illiterati' where vieing for the new world order....

-How do you sleep-
The Stone Roses.

#60    shrooma

shrooma

Government Agent

• Banned
  • 3,985 posts

• Live.
    Sin.
    Die.

Posted 08 March 2013 - 12:54 AM

http://en.m.wikipedi...iki/Intent_(law)
which part of 'i'm gonna bomb you back to the *SNIP* stone age, despite your ceasefire' don't you understand *SNIP*....?

Edited by Lilly, 08 March 2013 - 10:37 AM.
insulting language

-How do you sleep-
The Stone Roses.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users