Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Lion kills woman at California big cat park

dianna hanson lion project survival big cat park

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 38,028 posts

• "Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better." - Albert Einstein

Posted 07 March 2013 - 08:38 PM

A lion has killed a volunteer intern at a private big cat park near Fresno, California, officials say.

Dianna Hanson, 26, was attacked and killed when she entered the lion's enclosure, Project Survival founder Dale Anderson said in a statement.

Fresno County police say they found her severely injured, still lying inside the enclosure with the lion nearby.

Deputies shot and killed the animal so they could reach her but she died at the scene, a police spokesman said.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...canada-21693683

Posted Image

#2    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,671 posts

• "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Posted 07 March 2013 - 09:32 PM

I blame the idiots who caused them to have to open a park in the first place. They shouldn't have had to rescue big cats from owners and run down zoos. Big cats belong in the wild.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

#3    GreenmansGod

GreenmansGod

Bio-Electric sentient being.

• 9,629 posts

• May the laughter ye give today return to thee 3 fold.

Posted 08 March 2013 - 01:18 AM

If my kitty cat was as big as a lion I wouldn't play with it or go in a cage with it.. I am sure the lion was playing and was being a cat. Every time I see people going into lion cages and messing about with them I think how many times my cat has clawed me good by mistake while playing.

"The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible." Salman Rushdie

#4    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 4,809 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 12:29 PM

I agree Darkwind, the similarities between the behaviors of wild and domestic cats are so remarkable. So, what happens when scratching a big cats belly and he decides to act out, like domestic cats?

But I also, being a domestic cat owner/lover, understand the attraction of wanting to badly interact with a big cat!

#5    Moon Gazer

Moon Gazer

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 562 posts

• Stonewylde.... follow me to Stonewylde....

Posted 08 March 2013 - 01:14 PM

I wonder what she was doing in the enclosure???  I feel really sad for her family but the lion was only doing what come naturally to it.  Like the above poster said, I'd love to get up close and cuddle a big lion..... but you just don't!  Especially after being told she wasn't allowed in the enclose (from what her dad said).

#6    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,108 posts
  • Location:"Here the tide is ruled, by the wind, the moon and us."

• God created the world, but the Dutch created the Netherlands

Posted 08 March 2013 - 01:51 PM

View PostMoon Gazer, on 08 March 2013 - 01:14 PM, said:

I wonder what she was doing in the enclosure???  I feel really sad for her family but the lion was only doing what come naturally to it.  Like the above poster said, I'd love to get up close and cuddle a big lion..... but you just don't!  Especially after being told she wasn't allowed in the enclose (from what her dad said).

What does come naturally?

#7    Moon Gazer

Moon Gazer

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 562 posts

• Stonewylde.... follow me to Stonewylde....

Posted 08 March 2013 - 02:13 PM

View PostAbramelin, on 08 March 2013 - 01:51 PM, said:

What does come naturally?

Oh my gosh!  One of the most amazing and saddest things ever!!  Thanks for sharing that video.

Edited by Moon Gazer, 08 March 2013 - 02:13 PM.

#8    GreenmansGod

GreenmansGod

Bio-Electric sentient being.

• 9,629 posts

• May the laughter ye give today return to thee 3 fold.

Posted 08 March 2013 - 04:19 PM

Cat have a strong maternal instinct, if they lose their kittens they will adopt other baby animals. It doesn't happen very often in the wild, but it does happen.

"The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible." Salman Rushdie

#9    praetorian-legio XIII

praetorian-legio XIII

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 579 posts

• Beer; Now there's a temporary solution.

Posted 08 March 2013 - 10:50 PM

View PostQuiteContrary, on 08 March 2013 - 12:29 PM, said:

I agree Darkwind, the similarities between the behaviors of wild and domestic cats are so remarkable. So, what happens when scratching a big cats belly and he decides to act out, like domestic cats?

But I also, being a domestic cat owner/lover, understand the attraction of wanting to badly interact with a big cat!

The only difference between a domestic cat and a wild cat in my opinion, is size (unless of course your one of those selfish people that de-claw or imprison your cat)

#10    Knight Of Shadows

Knight Of Shadows

Shadow Dancer

• 5,251 posts

• Rest In Peace A.B

Posted 10 March 2013 - 10:01 AM

i would never approach a predatory animal .. even a wolf can be dangerous
let alone a lion .. that's just cheer stupidity
if you see a wild predator be on the other side of bars or road

by the name of Allah the Gracious the Merciful
Say, "I seek refuge in the Lord of daybreak From the evil of that which He created
And from the evil of darkness when it settles And from the evil of the blowers in knots
And from the evil of an envier when he envies"
truthful was Allah The Most High And Great

#11    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 38,028 posts

• "Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better." - Albert Einstein

Posted 10 March 2013 - 04:26 PM

Update -

A California coroner says a lion that killed a volunteer at a big cat park used its paw to lift a partially closed door and escape from a feeding cage.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...canada-21708741

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users