Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Intelligent people and unhappiness

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#46    LostSouls7

LostSouls7

Lost Ghost

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 07:36 AM

I consider myself to be to intelligent for my own good.
However I have found out about how the mind and brain works..
and i keep myself on a natural high most of the day..
if not the whole day.....

I have found inner peace and happiness. in drinking herbal teas...
potions..and beer...
creating art.. planting and selling veggies..
as well as getting more wisdom...
I love music.. art.. poetry..
I love writing poetry and stories that anger mainstream people..
because they are so easy to manipulate.. and play with for fun! lol

I don't take life to serious... I have gained enough knowledge to find inner peace.
I'm a bit of a joker and prankster.
But I also have a good heart.. and try to help people, teach them what I know.
and help them grow together...

I try to keep it positive and as happy and creative as possible..
when I write a new story, make new art, or do a new project that I love.AND make money..
AND have fun and enjoy.. to me that is happiness.

Changing the world is a magical and positive way is also happiness to me.

I will add more later.

Scary story about being scratched at 5 AM. Real demon attack story!
https://www.youtube....h?v=_Kzw8RRFsMQ

My collection of true and fiction ghost and ouija stories, horror movie reviews etc.
http://ouijaghosts.blogspot.com/

#47    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Seeker79

• 12,999 posts

• Potter: " is this real or is this in my mind?"

Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 19 June 2013 - 07:51 AM

View PostFrank Merton, on 17 March 2013 - 06:09 AM, said:

Well I endorse the workout regimen; the others are problematic, but of course trying them won't hurt.  Why pumpkin seeds?  My tendency is to endorse all kinds of seeds and nuts (watching the salt), not for "happiness" so much as for general good health.
Look it up frank. ;) cashoes, pumpkins seeds, depression, vitamin c, vitamin b complex. You might be surprised that much of big pharm is replaceable.

Edited by Seeker79, 19 June 2013 - 07:57 AM.

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#48    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 17,137 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 08:03 AM

I don't like arguing about people taking anti-depressives, because I think the anti-pharm propaganda in this case does considerable harm and even kills people.

Vitamins and nuts are all fine.

#49    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Seeker79

• 12,999 posts

Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 19 June 2013 - 01:30 PM

View PostFrank Merton, on 19 June 2013 - 08:03 AM, said:

I don't like arguing about people taking anti-depressives, because I think the anti-pharm propaganda in this case does considerable harm and even kills people.

Vitamins and nuts are all fine.
I'm not anti-pharm totally, I just know that some medicines are easily replaceable through diet. Pumpkin seeds are full of tryptophan, so are soy beans. Vitamains B and C are apart of the process in turning tryptophan into serotonin.  It's also in cashoes with the added benefits of magnesium. Small studies are pointing that exercise and eating these nuts and plenty of viitamin C and B supliments are as or more effective than Prozac with the additional health benefits. As for large studies.... Hehehe... Who is going to foot that bill? Not big farm that's for sure. With annual sales for anti depressants topping 11 billion. Im not saying one should not see a doctor about severe depression, but if one is experiencing mild symptoms why not. It can't hurt.

Also passion flower is an MAOI. A passion flower tea 2 or 3 times a day effectively inhibits a tiny portion of the enzym that breakes down serotonin thereby increasing the average  amount of serotonin in your system.

All these things together is a prooven method of fighting depression. I work with a lot of people and some just refuse to go to a doctor for their mild symptoms. This regiment is harmless and can head off major problems latter.

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#50    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 17,137 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 01:37 PM

For mild symptoms it would certainly be worth a try.

I repeat my little story -- I took an antidepressive about ten years ago for a few years and it worked for me.  Because I was depressed I kinda refused to admit it was working, and it took some hard questioning from the doctor for me to realize I wasn't suicidal any more and that I was enjoying life.  

I recommend in addition to anti-depressants good nutrition, exercise, sleep hygene, mental techniques that they can teach you, hypnosis, meditation, prayer, music, good sex (even if it's on your own), pets, companions.

#51    Beany

Beany

Government Agent

• 3,789 posts

• If music is the most universal language just think of me as one whole note. Nikki Giovanni

Posted 19 June 2013 - 01:40 PM

Is this a trick question?

#52    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Seeker79

• 12,999 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 03:12 PM

View PostFrank Merton, on 19 June 2013 - 01:37 PM, said:

For mild symptoms it would certainly be worth a try.

I repeat my little story -- I took an antidepressive about ten years ago for a few years and it worked for me.  Because I was depressed I kinda refused to admit it was working, and it took some hard questioning from the doctor for me to realize I wasn't suicidal any more and that I was enjoying life.  

I recommend in addition to anti-depressants good nutrition, exercise, sleep hygene, mental techniques that they can teach you, hypnosis, meditation, prayer, music, good sex (even if it's on your own), pets, companions.
Hahaha yes good sex twice a day will cure just about any amount of depression.

Bruce Lee-

#53    Arpee

Arpee

.::The Spirit Gives Life::.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,413 posts

• ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God." - Matthew 5:9

Posted 22 June 2013 - 08:22 AM

The probably with "smart" people, is that they tend to hold on to a belief - an ideal. They believe that things should be as they want them to be in their minds where they imagine a perfect "utopia", a so-called "perfect" world.

Focusing on what you CAN do, instead of what you CAN'T will help you to feel unlimited.
Focusing on what you DO have and appreciate, rather than what you DON'T and long for will help you feel more happy.

If you're ever *BORED* just remember that right now you are free and there are MANY possibilities of what can happen. You are free to make choices.

If you ever feel *Stuck* or don't know what to do, just remember what you CAN do and pick the one that is most appealing to you.

"But love ye your enemies, and do good, and lend, hoping for nothing again; and your reward shall be great, and ye shall be the children of the Highest: for he is kind unto the unthankful and to the evil." - Luke 6:35

#54    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 17,137 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 08:33 AM

I suspect there are several problems "smart" people have with depression that dumber people don't have, not that either is more subject to it than the other.

First, smart people are better at seeing through the devices of the psychiatrist.  Psychiatric treatment contains a lot of tricks they use to change the patient's perspective, and a smart person, determined to maintain a glum perspective, is better at thinking around them.

Second, I think smart people more often recognize many of the hopeful things people dwell on, such as the harmony of nature or the hope of eternal life, are frauds.  That is no help when one is depressed.

#55    absols

absols

Alien Embryo

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 10:11 AM

blablabla it is incredible how far u mean to use any idea for free investments wise so everyone of u could sound like a business fortune man to himself by nothing in god

intelligent people are unhappy bc intelligence is not the reason of the world life

intelligent people are hurt bc intelligence is stepped on while people are nothing but individuals so they cant do anything for

life is to powers fortune by killing else, since else exist but then completely down, so yami as u say but live with it now when there is no else living but ur kind, u gonna eat each others, yami for intelligent people change

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users