Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 2 votes

Repeating history

war history chance global

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

Poll: Do you believe that history repeats itself? (27 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you think History repeats itself

1. Yes (23 votes [82.14%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 82.14%

2. No (2 votes [7.14%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.14%

3. Maybe (1 votes [3.57%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.57%

4. Dont care (2 votes [7.14%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.14%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1    SurgeTechnologies

SurgeTechnologies

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,230 posts

• "Why not take what seems to me the only chance of escaping what is otherwise the sure destruction"

Posted 08 March 2013 - 12:26 PM

Hey all!

I was wondering since we had a major war every 60-100 years i want to know what you think? History tends to repeat itself, and we can see  clearly see that. Since it was recorded there were many wars on small and huge scale. So i want to know;

What kind of war might happen? ( civil, small, large, global ? )
When it might start? ( Now, tommorow. next month, next year a decade ? )
Who will start it? ( which country will do an event to other country if there will be one ? )
Will it lead to major war? ( On global scale ? )
Do you even think there will be war ? ( No , Yes, why ? )

I want to know people think about such things.

I think that right now with so much unrest all over the world circumstances are approaching boiling point in some countries.
Feel free to share your ideas, theories, facts...

" Technology has exceeded our humanity. "

#2    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,150 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 08 March 2013 - 02:05 PM

China and Japan could get into one or North Korea and South Korea.  There are several places one could start just take your pick.

#3    SurgeTechnologies

SurgeTechnologies

Psychic Spy

• 1,230 posts

• "Why not take what seems to me the only chance of escaping what is otherwise the sure destruction"

Posted 08 March 2013 - 02:10 PM

NK just canceled piece treaty with SK and are threating with total war, because of recent UN sanctions that took place because of nuclear testing..  Ow and i red that chem weapons were used in Syria in todays news. Now we just need Israel to so some stuns and world will explode :s .

#4    Mikko-kun

Mikko-kun

Docking station

• 1,404 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 02:10 PM

I'd like to think that it'd be war between citizens and those in charge (politicians, big corporations) for once, been too long since the last one, 200 years since french revolution and founding of american nation, no coincidence they happened close to one another. 60-100 years. Looking at astrology, there's Uranus squaring Pluto now, it's gaining it's peak of intensity in a year or two, and I'd say it's intense enough start sparking something in a few months perhaps.

Uranus is revolution that stems from an idealistic will to find your more true self, a rebellion to keep and improve your identity. Pluto is the handling of all deep-under issues, all that doesn't usually get clear from the first look. Square aspect between any two planets is a more competitive and energous aspect which often causes collisions... the energy can be benign no matter what planets are handled there, but there's greater potential for upheavals now. The peak will be next month in around 20 days, then three months after that and three months after that. Considering that there's still a lot of unhandled issues at large in this world, biggest of them being few people taking advantage of the rest of us, I'd say it's a very fertile time for a red flower to sprout.

I'll be gone.

#5    SurgeTechnologies

SurgeTechnologies

Psychic Spy

• 1,230 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 02:20 PM

Interesting point you made... people in my country will have the forth civilian all nation protest in next 2 days... There was amazingly put a flag with line of " Rise " on our most known turist attraction, a castle on top of a hill in center of city..There are protests all over Europe agaisnt corruption in banks and governments.. World is loosing it.

#6    Mikko-kun

Mikko-kun

Docking station

• 1,404 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 02:32 PM

Yep, Greece has had some restless riots over the past few years maybe... I dont know if those are still there and how long they been exactly on, but you could see it a lot on the less mainstream news here just a year or two ago. My country shovels them money when there's like 500 000 people here that are already saving on food and medicine because they have no money and the other hand of the administrators throws food to trash or ships it to our neighbor country before it gets spoiled. And now that the borders were opened a few years back here, low-pay workers from ex-soviet EU-country next to us come to take our jobs in lower-pay jobs like especially construction, they do it because the employers like them more because they're better at avoiding taxes and a seemingly (note, emphasis on seemingly) more effective workers for the little time they work before they steal something from the workplace and the contract ends. Then they go to another company to do the same, rinse and repeat. The jobs we used to do. And on the other hand, the right-wing **** government of ours is cutting on public healthcare and not making things easier on the public sector so we're going fast to the USA model where you leave poor people to their own luck and the rich get all the goodies. But it's okay because it's god-given holier-than-anything democracy, makes it all good yes. Tyranny by majority that bother to vote... our voting percentage in the last senate elections was 62% if I recall right, that means almost 40% of the legit voters DIDNT BOTHER. It gives a good view on the attitute here.

We have no people dying on the streets due to lack of money, even the romanian beggars that are shipped here by criminals with big expenses get fed so there, but things aint exactly peachy either... material welfare has increased nicely, but it's far from evenly-distributed, let alone fairly-distributed. If the working class saw things as they are instead of numbing themselves with everything they can get their hands on,I bet there would be blood all over our senate building. But you know, medicate people enough and get them addicted to things and they become sheeps. And the wolves have more sense than to just barge in with what we got now... So GO FINLAND! Yea.. my granddad actually fought in WW2 for our independence... hate to think that he's still alive, seeing how we bend over to anything and anybody now.

I'll be gone.

#7    SurgeTechnologies

SurgeTechnologies

Psychic Spy

• 1,230 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 02:46 PM

Well they are still going on... just media isnt reporting on them much. But i do understand you on topic of those people who come to work in foreign countries taking away jobs from locals... same problem is facing UK and like you said ... they work good and hard until they do something bad and run away... criminals! EU should never come to be and would make things alot more easier like i said in some other thread we didnt gain anything from it but loss..

#8    Mikko-kun

Mikko-kun

Docking station

• 1,404 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 02:48 PM

Yeah, not nearly all of them are bad and I can understand very well they're good people down there too. But them coming to us doesn't really help, no offense to them but it only adds to the little folk's problems.

I'll be gone.

#9    SurgeTechnologies

SurgeTechnologies

Psychic Spy

• 1,230 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 03:29 PM

Sucks i know same problem here...Nah they are all bad :D

#10    Tutankhaten-pasheri

Tutankhaten-pasheri

Buratinologist

• Banned
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 06:33 PM

I see serious civil unrest in Western Europe between indigenous populations and various others. Initially governments of afflicted countries will violently supress it's own indigenous populations by using police forces. But this will likely anger so many, even those who at this present time don't seem to care about their own country, that there will be mass uprising against governments. Troops will be sent onto streets to replace police, but faced with having to shoot their own people, troops will mutiny and take down governments. I do not know when or what countries, but I also think that other countries may intervene, perhaps to take sides against indigenous populations, and this will then lead to war between states. I believe this will happen, and I believe there will be a bloodbath. I also think that US will make all sorts of threatening noises against what happens in Europe, or more precisely in EU countries from before end of cold war, maybe even take some military action. But internal divisions and hatreds will arise in US and it will be dragged into a series of civil wars within various states. On the sidelines China will smile, and make a move when they think the situation has developed sufficiently in their favour. I see a nuclear exchange between what reamains of US and China. Then, for various reasons, Russia will have to act, most probably first against China with mass nuclear attack, then will need to stabilise the situation in Western Europe. Then we all wait to die of radiation poisoning or starvation, for next big war will be the last one.

Edited by Atentutankh-pasheri, 08 March 2013 - 06:36 PM.

#11    SurgeTechnologies

SurgeTechnologies

Psychic Spy

• 1,230 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 07:08 PM

Holy s*** dude you are serious about this ? I really hope your vision doesnt come into reality! That is like worst case scenario. I have a question thou, why do you think Russia will play against China?

Edit: When will this events took place ? You can guess this is all about speculation and prediction thread ( months, years ? ).

Edited by Tesla II, 08 March 2013 - 07:10 PM.

#12    Tutankhaten-pasheri

Tutankhaten-pasheri

Buratinologist

• Banned
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 07:23 PM

View PostTesla II, on 08 March 2013 - 07:08 PM, said:

Holy s*** dude you are serious about this ? I really hope your vision doesnt come into reality! That is like worst case scenario. I have a question thou, why do you think Russia will play against China?

Edit: When will this events took place ? You can guess this is all about speculation and prediction thread ( months, years ? ).
Unfortunatley I see this scenario happening within a decade or two. Somebody from Amur area or Vladivostok will answer better about Russia v China. But I will say that China is more than 1,3 billion, and population of all Russian territories East of Urals is only about 28 million in an area many many times size of China. In some places in Russian far East migrant Chinese workers are majority of population. This is not liked. Also fear of Chinese hegemony, that they will become too powerful in the world, in particulary a world which in my scenario has a very weakened US, possibly reduced to a central core of states with open warfare around them. Canada, your time will surely come :)

#13    Corp

Corp

Telekinetic

• 6,945 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 03:49 PM

There are examples of history repeating itself. Just look at attempts to invade Russia in winter.

As for the question of if there will be war, yes there will be. There's wars of various types happening right now across the world. As for a big throw down that involves most of the planet I don't see that happening any time soon. The big players are too invested in trade with each other to start up a major conflict. Of the current hot spots I think the tension between China and Japan is the most troubling, but I'm not sure they're enraged enough with each other to start shooting.

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things: the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth a war, is much worse...A man who has nothing which he is willing to fight for, nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

#14    MrY

MrY

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 08:52 AM

View PostTesla II, on 08 March 2013 - 12:26 PM, said:

Hey all!

I was wondering since we had a major war every 60-100 years i want to know what you think? History tends to repeat itself, and we can see  clearly see that. Since it was recorded there were many wars on small and huge scale. So i want to know;

What kind of war might happen? ( civil, small, large, global ? )
When it might start? ( Now, tommorow. next month, next year a decade ? )
Who will start it? ( which country will do an event to other country if there will be one ? )
Will it lead to major war? ( On global scale ? )
Do you even think there will be war ? ( No , Yes, why ? )

I want to know people think about such things.

I think that right now with so much unrest all over the world circumstances are approaching boiling point in some countries.
Feel free to share your ideas, theories, facts...

Hey bud!  This is actually what I study in college it is called the study of International Relations.  The answer to your question, however, is not an easy one.  There are so many different ideologies and so many different foreign policies that it is very hard to determine when nation states are going to clash.  For example, the United States is much more likely to go to war then, for example, Great Britain, because that is just how the framework of our foreign policy has been.  

If I were to make an educated guess though I would say Syria and Turkey.

HOWEVER never make assumptions that history will repeat itself.  It's our job to make sure that doesn't happen..at least that is what an idealist would say.. haha

Edited by MrY, 13 March 2013 - 08:54 AM.

#15    SurgeTechnologies

SurgeTechnologies

Psychic Spy

• 1,230 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 04:04 PM

Hey MrY... well one thing is for sure this world is very far from ideal and people are not even trying to go that direction... more likely they will repeat certain events that were far from beneficial or good. That is why i made this thread to know how people feel about current events worldwide. I see another ww3 or close to that range of involved countries, people arent getting any smarter i feel they are getting dumber... if we would to make any significant progress we should learn to cooperate with each other first. But we will rather kill each other off, cant help that it is in our nature and that will be very hard to overcome.

Anyway i think NK will most likely provoke a small war with SK, either that or US will do something foolish ( like you said ), but i think that US is very weak right now in sense of military capabilites... yes you have large capacity of nuclear weaponry but too use'em would be well... end of human race and i think that once your military commanders and politicans feel threatned too much i dont think twice that they might go to last resort weapons. US military is getting too much into robotics like UK is following... but since EM weapons were developed i think that is not so much of a good move... I would rather stick to plain infantry and vehicles at least they will think and wont stop to glithes or errors.

If was in Russian commander position/role and i was ordered to attack US on full scale i would first use like i said EM weapons to shutdown well most of US arsenal.. then invade from everywhere.. The day would look like from Red alert 2 intro or from the Red dawn movie...

What i am trying to say is US isnt very defensive in nature more like an aggressor which is vulnerability for someone who might think like i theorized in upper part.

They weird part is i cant picture how scenario would look like from US side... Honestly i think US wouldnt give a damn and would most likely obliterate enemies with missile based weapons..

Also tagged with war, history, chance, global

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users