Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* - - - - 1 votes

Return to Amityville

amityville lutz family amityville horror

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1    Ohelemapit

Ohelemapit

My freestyle rapping career didn't work out, so I came back

• 6,293 posts

• The illegitimate love-child of Strategy and Creativity. Sex God, Entrepreneur, Super Hero, Rapper, Table Dancer.

Posted 08 March 2013 - 10:36 PM

The eldest son in the 'Amityville horror family' has revealed how his experiences in the haunted house in the 1970s ruined his life.

Now a 47-year-old Queens UPS driver, Danny Lutz, was just a 10-year-old boy when his family moved into the Long Island property which had previously been home to a brutal murder.

He and his parents reported 'paranormal activities' at the two bedroom property and fled - their experience inspiring a book, a 1979 movie and plenty of column inches disputing their claims.

Read more

Posted Image

#2    coolguy

coolguy

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,056 posts

• Star trek rules

Posted 09 March 2013 - 04:56 AM

I live 25 minutes from this house.there could have been some paranormal stuff going on

#3    Thylacina

Thylacina

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 117 posts

• "I'm not wierd, I'm just different with a twist."

Posted 09 March 2013 - 05:16 AM

Didn't they determine that the whole thing was a hoax?

Posted Image

#4    Rafterman

Rafterman

Telekinetic

• 7,087 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 01:46 PM

View PostThylacina, on 09 March 2013 - 05:16 AM, said:

Didn't they determine that the whole thing was a hoax?

Yep.  Danny needs a payday.

"For me, it is better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring."
                                                                                                                                           - Carl Sagan, The Demon-Haunted World:  Science as a Candle in the Dark

#5    Moon Gazer

Moon Gazer

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 680 posts

• Stonewylde.... follow me to Stonewylde....

Posted 11 March 2013 - 11:29 AM

I'm guessing he is now short of cash?  If something troubled you so and you just wanted to forget about it, why do a documentary on it and go back to the house (even just to stand outside)??

#6    Child of Bast

Child of Bast

Queen of the UM Asylum

• 5,291 posts

• The Mad Hatter: "Have I gone mad?"
    Alice: "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers.But I'll tell you a secret: all the best people are."

Posted 11 March 2013 - 01:23 PM

View Postcoolguy, on 09 March 2013 - 04:56 AM, said:

I live 25 minutes from this house.there could have been some paranormal stuff going on

Nah, I don't think so. I think they learned after they bought the house that a brutal series of murders took place there and it spooked 'em. If paranormal stuff was going on, why didn't it happen to any of the subsequent residents of the house?

No great mind has ever existed without a touch of madness. ~ Aristotle

#7    Domina Lucis

Domina Lucis

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts

• "I'm not dead, so I'm obviously doing something right."

Posted 11 March 2013 - 10:38 PM

I thought this whole thing was proven to be a hoax...?

Posted Image

Domina Lucis

#8    Child of Bast

Child of Bast

Queen of the UM Asylum

• 5,291 posts

Alice: "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers.But I'll tell you a secret: all the best people are."

Posted 12 March 2013 - 02:05 PM

It was.

#9    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,266 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 14 March 2013 - 02:37 AM

http://movies.yahoo....-223555994.html

Miss me?

#10    Detective Mystery 2015

Detective Mystery 2015

Poltergeist

• 2,674 posts

• Mysteries are tomorrow's histories.

Posted 14 March 2013 - 03:54 AM

The original crime was evil and terrifying enough. The mass murder of your ostensible loved ones doesn't need any embellishments to make it worse. Who needs demons when you have depraved, disturbed people like this? A no-holds-barred documentary on the crime would be much scarier than a vault full of dishonest Hollywood straight-to-DVD schlock.

There is one reality with billions of versions.

#11    Kowalski

Kowalski

The Original Penguin Conspiracy Theorist

• 4,102 posts

• It's All Some Kind Of Wacked Out Conspiracy....

Posted 14 March 2013 - 02:06 PM

Check out their website for the movie: http://www.amityvillemovie.com/
If you can, read the Wall Street Journal story on the documentary.

Here is some of it in part:

Now a new documentary, "My Amityville Horror," makes it personal, introducing a man who is still living through that nightmare. The film, which will have its New York premiere Saturday at IFC Center as part of the third annual DOC NYC festival, features the first-person testimony of Daniel Lutz, the eldest of the Lutz siblings, who was 9 when the events occurred. A recluse who had a troubled, combative relationship with his stepfather and claims to have been homeless for a period after leaving his family in his early teens, Mr. Lutz has kept his secrets to himself until now.
"He's been carrying around this weight for nearly 40 years," said Eric Walter, the young filmmaker who devoted three years to making the documentary, amid a decade of obsessive amateur research into the case. "It's not easy to talk about."

Nor is it easy to hear. Whatever happened, Mr. Lutz, now 46, appears to have suffered from it for much longer than the month he spent in the house. He recounts stories of abuse and family dysfunction, combined with claims of continued paranormal disturbances that he has struggled to move beyond. The film revisits the original "haunting" and its many complicated tangents—including its ostensible source, the murder of six family members by one of the home's previous residents, Ronald DeFeo Jr.—through TV footage and newspaper clippings, but its focus remains on Mr. Lutz, both as an adult and as a child.

If I remember correctly, there was abuse and family dysfunction going on in the Defeo home as well. If there was a lot of abuse and family problems going on when the Lutz's moved in, and George was messing around in the occult as Daniel Lutz claims, that may have acted as a type of catalyst. Maybe the house itself isn't haunted, but the family was. I believe I read somewhere that the activity followed them after they moved. Anyway, I would really like to see this. It looks interesting.

#12    Child of Bast

Child of Bast

Queen of the UM Asylum

• 5,291 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 03:26 PM

View PostKowalski, on 14 March 2013 - 02:06 PM, said:

If I remember correctly, there was abuse and family dysfunction going on in the Defeo home as well. If there was a lot of abuse and family problems going on when the Lutz's moved in, and George was messing around in the occult as Daniel Lutz claims, that may have acted as a type of catalyst. Maybe the house itself isn't haunted, but the family was. I believe I read somewhere that the activity followed them after they moved. Anyway, I would really like to see this. It looks interesting.

Look up City Confidential on YouTube. There's an episode about the DeFeo family.

#13    Kowalski

Kowalski

• 4,102 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 04:27 PM

View PostLady Kasey, on 14 March 2013 - 03:26 PM, said:

Look up City Confidential on YouTube. There's an episode about the DeFeo family.

View PostLady Kasey, on 14 March 2013 - 03:26 PM, said:

I'll check that out, Thanks!

#14    Child of Bast

Child of Bast

Queen of the UM Asylum

• 5,291 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 04:45 PM

Think it's called something like Horror in Amityville or something like that. I think if you look up City Confidential and just Amityville you'll find it.

#15    Kowalski

Kowalski

• 4,102 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 08:51 PM

Okay. Thanks Lady Kasey!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users