Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Cannot change profile quote

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1    Tutankhaten-pasheri

Tutankhaten-pasheri

Buratinologist

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 01:07 PM

I went to change my profile quote but got this message "Profile Quote: The data you entered exceeds the maximum allowed". Yet the new quote is shorter than the current one. I did some experimenting, even deleting current quote and leaving box blank. On clicking save I get the same error message and "deleted" quote reappears. I even tried to have a quote as simply a . but same result. What has happened?

Edit to say it is the location box that is causing a problem, though the error message is about profile quote

Edited by Atentutankh-pasheri, 09 March 2013 - 01:31 PM.

#2    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 20,839 posts

• "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious." - Albert Einstein

Posted 09 March 2013 - 02:27 PM

What's probably happening is that the characters you are using in your profile quote are being converted in to html entities when you save it which will increase the length of the text substantially - try shortening the text and/or avoiding non-standard English characters.

#3    Tutankhaten-pasheri

Tutankhaten-pasheri

Buratinologist

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 04:33 PM

Fixed, thanks. I see the location box and profile quote are as one for character count.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users