Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Teachers union strike

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#16    Sakari

Sakari

Say it how it is

• 13,017 posts
  • Location:Safford, Arizona...My heart and soul are still on the Oregon Coast.

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 09 March 2013 - 06:10 PM

View Post-Mr_Fess-, on 09 March 2013 - 06:00 PM, said:

As for my spelling... I'd like to blame autocorrect for as many misspells as I do for corrections. I spell better in handwriting than I do when typing. I think it's the hands on aspect of writing that enables me to concentrate a bit more. But kudos for pointing it out.

I was joking, as I said my typos and such are horrid here.

I have not looked at this States pay, I am only going off of States I know, so my reply may have been wrong in this situation.

As for people having a choice in their " profession ", that is another topic all together.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

#17    F3SS

F3SS

Her name is Jodi :)

• 7,612 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 06:11 PM

View PostAsteroidX, on 09 March 2013 - 06:07 PM, said:

Fess you raise good points but one way to win this Govmnt quickly is by work stoppages. So I support mass strikes at this point. And tbh dont think they are widespread enough.

Unless theres a better suggestion to solve the bigger problems going on. This would only be considered a symptom of the greater problem.
What do you mean 'win this government'?

Posted Image

#18    F3SS

F3SS

• 7,612 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 06:13 PM

View PostSakari, on 09 March 2013 - 06:10 PM, said:

I was joking, as I said my typos and such are horrid here.

I have not looked at this States pay, I am only going off of States I know, so my reply may have been wrong in this situation.

As for people having a choice in their " profession ", that is another topic all together.
Yea I know. I just feel a need to defend my intelligence when pointed out.

As for the choices, yes probably another topic. I think my frustration is just with union tactics.

Posted Image

#19    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 09 March 2013 - 06:16 PM

What do you mean 'win this government'?

I mean get them to change their petty non helpful legislating ways and erosion of our Constitution or replace them.

Like I asked do you have a better suggestion to keeping our Constitutional Rights ? I dont think mine is an easy solution. Would love to find something better. But there moving real fast to erase the 1st,2nd,4th,and 10th amendments from the Constitution.

Work stoppages get the Govmnts attention and can bring about change or riots. Teachers do not make a living wage they have a right to say so.

Edited by AsteroidX, 09 March 2013 - 06:18 PM.

#20    Sakari

Sakari

Say it how it is

• 13,017 posts
  • Location:Safford, Arizona...My heart and soul are still on the Oregon Coast.

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 09 March 2013 - 06:17 PM

View Post-Mr_Fess-, on 09 March 2013 - 06:13 PM, said:

Yea I know. I just feel a need to defend my intelligence when pointed out.

As for the choices, yes probably another topic. I think my frustration is just with union tactics.

I am on a new job, it is Union. I have to pay $60.00 a month, and pay $285.00 a month also for me and the wife through work. Being new, I can not push anything, but I have asked what does this union do for anyone, and where does the money go?...Honestly, I see nothing good with it. ( at least where I am )

And again, sorry about that reply, no insulting was intended.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

#21    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 12,326 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 11:10 PM

Are people really trotting out "they only work a few months a year" as a reason for teachers to suck it up and take the money they're given because of the fringe benefits?
Lovely.
Try being a teacher. Seriously. America is one of those "anyone can be a relief teacher" countries isn't it? You don't need teaching qualifications to be be a substitute teacher. Give it a whack if you think we're overpaid or get too many holidays.

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

#22    aztek

aztek

Telekinetic

• 7,003 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 11:31 PM

View PostWearer of Hats, on 09 March 2013 - 11:10 PM, said:

Are people really trotting out "they only work a few months a year" as a reason for teachers to suck it up and take the money they're given because of the fringe benefits?
Lovely.
Try being a teacher. Seriously. America is one of those "anyone can be a relief teacher" countries isn't it? You don't need teaching qualifications to be be a substitute teacher. Give it a whack if you think we're overpaid or get too many holidays.
i agree with you, my 2 friends are theachers, they get paid less than half of what i do, and had to deal with these missbehaving, spoiled, little f,,ers. they definatly are underpaid, screw those 3 paid month off, i would not want to be a teacher, even with the pay i get. let alone theirs,

Edited by aztek, 09 March 2013 - 11:31 PM.

RESIDENT TROLL.

#23    ninjadude

ninjadude

Seeker of truths

• 11,072 posts

• "dirt collects at the interfaces"

Posted 10 March 2013 - 01:59 AM

View Post-Mr_Fess-, on 09 March 2013 - 05:25 PM, said:

you want your kids influenced by that rotten behavior

being part of a union is not rotten behavior. Going on strike is not rotten behavior. Where are these mythical jobs that you can just go get somewhere else? The idea of tenure goes back over a hundred years https://en.wikipedia...nure_(academic) a senior academics contract to not be fired without just cause.

"Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now!""
- Friedrich Nietzsche

#24    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 10 March 2013 - 02:03 AM

If I remember correctly in past discussions past words and actions mean nothing to the Leftwing Porpaganda Machine ND....just saying.

#25    F3SS

F3SS

• 7,612 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 03:33 AM

View PostWearer of Hats, on 09 March 2013 - 11:10 PM, said:

Lovely.
I just meant that's a benefit few jobs grant. I wouldn't give it a whack. I remember how kids behave in class. Apparently many teachers don't. When they re-realize it they want more. Should've paid more attention when they were young and listened to tales such as this before they applied for the job.
Seriously, I'm diggin' the EFM thing. Don't like it? Start over, reapply or go find a nicer place to teach. That's how every other private job in the entire country works.

Posted Image

#26    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 12,326 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 04:15 AM

Not having worked many other jobs, how many other jobs requires you to work twice as hard at home for no pay at all?
Delivering lessons is the easy bit.

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
Only I will remain.

#27    coolguy

coolguy

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,105 posts

• Star trek rules

Posted 10 March 2013 - 04:38 AM

Teachers  here on long island in my school district there are 1000 of them and 900 of them make over 100 grand some close to 200 grand and they are allways crying for more money.

#28    F3SS

F3SS

• 7,612 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 06:30 AM

View PostWearer of Hats, on 10 March 2013 - 04:15 AM, said:

Not having worked many other jobs, how many other jobs requires you to work twice as hard at home for no pay at all?
Delivering lessons is the easy bit.
Probably a hell of a lot. There are many many different jobs with many many different responsibilities, duties and obligations. I never said a teachers job is easy but your woe-is-me outlook that your job is harder than everyone else's is unrealistic.

Posted Image

#29    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 12,326 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 08:05 AM

View Post-Mr_Fess-, on 10 March 2013 - 06:30 AM, said:

Probably a hell of a lot. There are many many different jobs with many many different responsibilities, duties and obligations. I never said a teachers job is easy but your woe-is-me outlook that your job is harder than everyone else's is unrealistic.
Like I said Fess, I've not had many other jobs. I was curious as to what the comparision was.
It's just that not a lot of what teachers do is in the hours of paid work, that's all.
The only "woe is me" you'll get from me is when I have a carp day at work, not that my job is harder then yours just that I had a hard day.

Only I will remain.

#30    F3SS

F3SS

• 7,612 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 02:30 PM

It's alright. I assume you are on salary. Most jobs that pay by the hour are over wen you leave the facility. Salary jobs vary and require anywhere from little to extraordinary hours and effort.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users