Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

The woman who is obsessed with rats

chantal banks rats obsession rodents

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 43,382 posts

• Sometimes it's better to keep the mystery unexplained.

Posted 09 March 2013 - 04:43 PM

A woman has told how she loves rats more than people, including her estranged husband.

Chantal Banks, who stars in an upcoming episode of TLC's My Crazy Obsession, has a total of 19 long-tailed friends - which she describes as children - in her two-bedroom home.

She lets each of the rodents lick her lips, nibble food from her mouth and run across her while she sleeps.

http://www.dailymail...ed-control.html

Posted Image

#2    RaisingCain

RaisingCain

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 05:04 PM

The fact that her husband's name is Chester, makes me giggle. It sounds like the kind of name you'd call a small rodent :P

Love is just chemical. The meaning, that's the choice.

#3    Insaniac

Insaniac

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 06:27 PM

She loves her Rats more than her husband? And her son Kevin describes them as his 'siblings?'

Good thing I'm not her husband.

#4    Mnemonix

Mnemonix

Alien Abducter

• Closed
  • 4,720 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 10:50 PM

I love rats too. What's not to like about them? :cat:

Edited by Mnemonix, 09 March 2013 - 10:59 PM.

#5    Lilly

Lilly

Forum Divinity

• 19,264 posts

• "To thine own self be true" William Shakespeare

Posted 10 March 2013 - 02:04 AM

Well, I love dogs but I don't have 19 of them. I don't let them kiss me on the lips, eat food from my mouth, or run over me while I sleep. I also do not refer to them as "children".

I'm very much inclined to think this lady is a few fries short of a McD's happy meal.

"Ignorance is ignorance. It is a state of mind, not an opinion." ~MID~

Posted Image

#6    pallidin

pallidin

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,100 posts

• "When life gets you down... swim with a dolphin"

Posted 11 March 2013 - 07:23 AM

I knew someone like that, here, a few year's ago.

Anyway, he had 6 pet rats.

This is NOT a normal story, so please bear with me.

He is a former American vet in the Vietnam war. His 6 buddies were playing poker when they got hit with a mortar round.

His 6 buddies were killed. He survived.

The military re-asigned him to be a gunnery on a helocopter. He got his left arm blown-off during an engagement.

He returrned to the States, in fact the same town I live in, and adopted/aquired 6 rats in memory of his fellow soldiers, and actually named each one for his friends that got killed.

Anyway, all was good for many years, but apparently he "snapped", and was shooting a rifle from his room into the neighborhood.

I was actually driving by as bullets were going through the tree's, and I was stopped by the police to go no further.

Local SWAT was called in, and eventually apprehended him.

He was not charged with attempted murder or anything like that, as he was not trying to kill anyone, and the SWAT team knew about his history. So, SWAT did not use lethal force.

He was/is in a mental hospital here in my state. Not sure what happened to the rats.

Very true story, by the way. It was all over our local TV news, not to mention I saw part of the events.

Edited by pallidin, 11 March 2013 - 07:28 AM.

#7    libstaK

libstaK

Nosce Te Ipsum

• 7,178 posts

• Hello Reality and all that is True
    When Oxymoron was defined it was just for you

Posted 11 March 2013 - 09:15 AM

View PostRaisingCain, on 09 March 2013 - 05:04 PM, said:

The fact that her husband's name is Chester, makes me giggle. It sounds like the kind of name you'd call a small rodent :P
My niece's cat is named Chester, all though some of us call him Horse cos he is really HUGE, Chester is definitely a pets name imo.

"I warn you, whoever you are, oh you who wish to probe the arcanes of nature, if you do not find within yourself that which you seek, neither shall you find it outside.
If you ignore the excellencies of your own house, how do you intend to find other excellencies?
In you is hidden the treasure of treasures, Oh man, know thyself and you shall know the Universe and the Gods."

Inscription - Temple of Delphi

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users