Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

The Joy of Bigfoot

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#1    Q-C

Q-C

BugWhisperer

• 5,533 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 10:57 PM

So, is there Joy in Bigfoot?

Do you find it fun and interesting? Maybe a relaxing hobby/interest?

Or, do you find it much more frustrating than fun; full of ___________, _______________, and _______________? (fill in the blanks depending on your viewpoint)

I stick with it, but do find it a frustrating hobby/interest. It raises my blood pressure, makes me question some people's sanity, and depresses me listening to those who would flat out lie for profit, power, ego (some in the name of science!)...

What keeps you in it? What do you find interesting or frustrating or maddening or enjoyable?

I don't know how much I'll comment, but I'm interested in hearing the why's from others from all viewpoints on the subject.

Edited by QuiteContrary, 10 March 2013 - 10:59 PM.

Bigfoot is in the eye of the beholder

Scottish Scientists Only!

#2    Sakari

Sakari

Say it how it is

• 13,077 posts
  • Location:Safford, Arizona...My heart and soul are still on the Oregon Coast.

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 11 March 2013 - 01:08 AM

I think it is a joke, full of frauds that should not be making money off of it. People need to stop giving it attention, so these frauds will have to go out and get real jobs.

I am surprised I replied. I only did as it was QC that started the topic and I respect her, and it is not a " bigfoot sighting " topic.

I used to believe in the possibility many years ago...I researched, and grew up. I then had a interest in the psychological reasons of people believeing in this. ( blind faith ).

I have recently become very sick of the entire thing, and see the same topics, questions, debates, and answers all of the time. Carbon copies of the same topics, questions, and answers that have been discussed for years.

It is a addiction, and one I am staying away from.

So, nothing keeps me in it anymore. As many in the past that did the same things, I am out of it as well as they are.

" fantasy " is human nature, and people like to have mysteries, this is one that is so stupid to even believe in at all, that I can not take the insanity anymore. A lot of the discussion really looks like a bunch of kids under a sheet, with flashlights, at a sleep over are discussing it. No offense to anyone, but it really looks that way if you step back and read the discussions.

Anyway QC, out of respect, I answered this side of it :)

Edited by Sakari, 11 March 2013 - 01:09 AM.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

#3    Q-C

Q-C

BugWhisperer

• 5,533 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 03:23 AM

As I've learned from Night Walker, story-telling is a vital part of who we are as humans. And I enjoy stories whether told at the theater, in a book, through poetry, or from friends and relatives...and I enjoy many of the bigfoot accounts. Some are very lengthy and detailed. I like the scarier ones best.

"Average Joe" tales of encounters with bigfoot, or a possible bigfoot, are fun and innocent and entertaining, imo.
I enjoy them as I would any good fiction.

#4    keninsc

keninsc

Poltergeist

• Closed
  • 3,234 posts

• The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues. Liz Taylor

Posted 11 March 2013 - 04:22 AM

Personally, I think I have a bit of the mountain man in me, maybe a bit of wanderlust and just enough of the romantic to make it all jell together. Since my own feelings about the creature are a little different than most, it's kind of hard for me to really express them exactly. I've never seen one or found any footprints or evidence of them myself, but two friends of mine claimed to have, after hearing from them I decided to check things out for myself. Over the years, the stories are largely the same, the photos are the same, out of focus, "blobsquatch" photos or so far away that you can't make out anything. However, every now and then I run across something that clicks for some reason.

#5    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 20,649 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 12 March 2013 - 03:05 AM

Most Bigfoot stories, videos and True Believers make me Laugh out Loud. I find the subject seriously entertaining. On both sides. The more rabid Skeptics make terrific fun debate partners. Even more so then the True Believers, because a Believer will not argue with you, but simply say they saw what they saw, or that they believe what they believe.

Do I believe in Bigfoot?? I believe in the Possibility of bigfoot..... A super tiny small percentage, but it exists.

Do I believe any of the various videos and eyewitness reports are real... very possibly. I keep an open mind when examining something for the first time. I find it fun to find the inconsistencies and also to do fact checking on people's stories.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#6    Khamical X

Khamical X

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 220 posts

• To be labelled a SAVAGE is a powerful/divine title if you overstood it's true meaning.

Posted 12 March 2013 - 03:36 PM

Having an interest in '' investigating bigfoot'' is IMO very fun. I got in a little debate with my instructor last week about whether bigfoot is real. I tell most people the same thing after seeing the famous Patterson film there is no doubt in my mind. I find a thrill in this and hope to see it ONE DAY :tu:

Edited by Spore, 12 March 2013 - 03:37 PM.

#7    Domina Lucis

Domina Lucis

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts

• "I'm not dead, so I'm obviously doing something right."

Posted 12 March 2013 - 03:59 PM

When I first discovered it, I thought it was really interesting and thought it was cool there was so much belief and research going on behind.

But it seems that nothing ever goes anywhere. It's always the same blurry videos and photos and same things being debated about over and over again...which is why it lost I interest.

Posted Image

Domina Lucis

#8    hatecraft

hatecraft

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 97 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 04:47 PM

The idea of Bigfoot is a neat childhood fantasy, but eventually, it's time to grow up.

#9    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 8,423 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 12 March 2013 - 05:41 PM

Bigfoot...Bigjoke now.
The fact that some still think Bigfoot is waltzing about is just as funny as the blurry Poundland cameras people are using to capture him on.

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#10    Q-C

Q-C

BugWhisperer

• 5,533 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 06:17 PM

Gee, ORA ET LABORA, you need to file that report with the BFRO (or Australian equivalent). Then they'll send some poor member to investigate :w00t: !

#11    ORA ET LABORA

ORA ET LABORA

Alien Embryo

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

• " Science is always discovering odd scraps of magical wisdom and making a tremendous fuss about its cleverness. "

- Aleister Crowley

Posted 12 March 2013 - 10:32 PM

View PostQuiteContrary, on 12 March 2013 - 06:17 PM, said:

Gee, ORA ET LABORA, you need to file that report with the BFRO (or Australian equivalent). Then they'll send some poor member to investigate :w00t: !

They got the story 'bout 5 years back mate :su

View PostORA ET LABORA, on 12 March 2013 - 10:32 PM, said:

They got the story 'bout 5 years back mate :su
:su :su :su :su :su :su :su :su :su

#12    Lilly

Lilly

Forum Divinity

• 17,530 posts

• "To thine own self be true" William Shakespeare

Posted 13 March 2013 - 12:21 AM

As much as I appreciate humour we need to keep it G-rated.  

"Ignorance is ignorance. It is a state of mind, not an opinion." ~MID~

Posted Image

#13    Purplos

Purplos

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,576 posts

• Everything important is infinite.

Posted 13 March 2013 - 12:25 AM

I think it's good clean fun.

People make money off fiction all the time, so what's the difference here? People thought Dan Brown's novel was "true" too. He was still making money off fiction. People buy tabloids, Twilight, the 5 o'clock news... and some think it's all real.

I really don't get everyone who says, "It's time to grow up." Why? What's so wrong about entertaining fun fantasies?

Edited by Purplos, 13 March 2013 - 12:26 AM.

Embrace the impossible.

#14    Sakari

Sakari

Say it how it is

• 13,077 posts
  • Location:Safford, Arizona...My heart and soul are still on the Oregon Coast.

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 13 March 2013 - 12:44 AM

View PostPurplos, on 13 March 2013 - 12:25 AM, said:

I think it's good clean fun.

People make money off fiction all the time, so what's the difference here? People thought Dan Brown's novel was "true" too. He was still making money off fiction. People buy tabloids, Twilight, the 5 o'clock news... and some think it's all real.

I really don't get everyone who says, "It's time to grow up." Why? What's so wrong about entertaining fun fantasies?

Charging people $500.00 per person ( food not included, nor any park fees ) to go on a " investigation " with a group that claims Bigfoot is real.

That is fraud.

Making money off of T-shirts and other things, because a group claims Bigfoot is real.

That is fraud.

A Cable television station giving this group more free advertisement, and paying them because they say Bigfoot is real.

That is fraud.

At the very least, it is lying, and filling uneducated peoples heads with a bunch of crap. Like our younger generations are not spoon fed enough fecal matter from TV and the Internet. ( and adults fall for it also )

Yes, I am refering to BFRO ( Finding Bigfoot )

Just one of many groups.

Hey, you can donate money to a blimp looking for bigfoot.....They have over $11,000.00 right now ( non - refundable ), only about $289,000.00 short of their goal. But hey, say you want to build a blimp, and get $ 11,000.00 ?......Sure, if you are a fraud.

Edited by Sakari, 13 March 2013 - 12:45 AM.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

#15    ORA ET LABORA

ORA ET LABORA

Alien Embryo

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

• " Science is always discovering odd scraps of magical wisdom and making a tremendous fuss about its cleverness. "

- Aleister Crowley

Posted 13 March 2013 - 01:46 AM

View PostLilly, on 13 March 2013 - 12:21 AM, said:

As much as I appreciate humour we need to keep it G-rated.  

oh geez...

View PostORA ET LABORA, on 13 March 2013 - 01:46 AM, said:

oh geez...

cause big foots so g-rated...what are u 12?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users