Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 2 votes

Any strange toy occurrences as a kid?

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#1    Billpacer

Billpacer

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 04:39 AM

I remember a couple of weird events involving toys that to this day I can't explain. The first one took place in 1985. I bought a 'Dungeons and Dragons'  chimera. It was a monster that had a lion and dragon heads. I only had it for a few days when I decided to take to a city park. I remember being in an open field and I was  throwing the toy up in the air and catching it. Somehow I missed it and it landed behind me but I couldn't find it. My parents looked but to no avail it just disappeared. Then in 1988 when I was eight, we moved into a new house. There was a small room in the basement that had wall to wall shelving. I had my action figures all lined up standing on a couple of the shelves. We lived there for about a year. Before we moved out,we took an over-night trip to visit my aunt. When we got back, I went down to get some of my toys and was horrified to find that a couple of my toys had there heads busted off.

So anyone experience any strange occurrences with toys while growing up?

#2    RaisingCain

RaisingCain

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 05:53 AM

I used to have a teddy-bear that would sing the child prayer, when you put it's hands together. I never really played with it much, but I remember it started doing weird stuff after a while.
I'd put it hands together, and the voice would come out distorted and slow, then fast and high-pitched. No problem, its batteries where just dying. So I turned switched it off, and it kept singing in it's creepy distorted  tone. I got freaked out and took the batteries out. It started singing them stopped, even after I took them out.  So yeah.

Childs Prayer (for those who don't know it):
Now I lay me down  to sleep,
I pray dear lord, my soul to keep.
Keep me safe all through the night
And wake me in the morning light.
Amen.

Love is just chemical. The meaning, that's the choice.

#3    taniwha

taniwha

Hi. If im an idiot, then im an idiot for truth.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,751 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 08:02 AM

As a kid I wondered if I could do magic. I shredded a small square piece of paper,
screwed it up into a ball, and enclosed it in my fist...
I cast a childishly innocent 'Abracadabra' spell that magic forces would make the paper whole again...
...when I opened my hand...so it was.

#4    Wickian

Wickian

Doppelganger

• 4,048 posts

• Save it for Queen Doppelpoppellus!

Posted 11 March 2013 - 10:36 AM

View PostRaisingCain, on 11 March 2013 - 05:53 AM, said:

I used to have a teddy-bear that would sing the child prayer, when you put it's hands together. I never really played with it much, but I remember it started doing weird stuff after a while.
I'd put it hands together, and the voice would come out distorted and slow, then fast and high-pitched. No problem, its batteries where just dying. So I turned switched it off, and it kept singing in it's creepy distorted  tone. I got freaked out and took the batteries out. It started singing them stopped, even after I took them out.  So yeah.

Childs Prayer (for those who don't know it):
Now I lay me down  to sleep,
I pray dear lord, my soul to keep.
Keep me safe all through the night
And wake me in the morning light.
Amen.

That's kind of creepy, residual charge maybe?

The only toy story I have isn't really paranormal.  I was terrified of Chucky as a kid, so one day my Mom comes home and throws a Chucky doll at me, not cool.

#5    RaisingCain

RaisingCain

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 11:16 AM

View PostWickian, on 11 March 2013 - 10:36 AM, said:

That's kind of creepy, residual charge maybe?

The only toy story I have isn't really paranormal.  I was terrified of Chucky as a kid, so one day my Mom comes home and throws a Chucky doll at me, not cool.

I actually reffer to that bear as 'The Chucky-bear' :P

#6    Rafterman

Rafterman

Telekinetic

• 7,384 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 03:08 PM

View PostBillpacer, on 11 March 2013 - 04:39 AM, said:

I remember a couple of weird events involving toys that to this day I can't explain. The first one took place in 1985. I bought a 'Dungeons and Dragons'  chimera. It was a monster that had a lion and dragon heads. I only had it for a few days when I decided to take to a city park. I remember being in an open field and I was  throwing the toy up in the air and catching it. Somehow I missed it and it landed behind me but I couldn't find it. My parents looked but to no avail it just disappeared. Then in 1988 when I was eight, we moved into a new house. There was a small room in the basement that had wall to wall shelving. I had my action figures all lined up standing on a couple of the shelves. We lived there for about a year. Before we moved out,we took an over-night trip to visit my aunt. When we got back, I went down to get some of my toys and was horrified to find that a couple of my toys had there heads busted off.

So anyone experience any strange occurrences with toys while growing up?

Kids just lose stuff on occasion.  I don't really see anything paranormal about it.

I recall once when I was probably 4-5 years old.  I was playing in the yard and buried a couple of army men and completely lost them.  I was literally sitting in the same spot and had dug a little hole between my legs, buried them, and then couldn't find them.

I also recall having a dummy hand grenade (usually sold as paper weights) and I threw it into a big pile of sand we had in our yard for some masonry work we were having done our house.  I was never able to find it.

As for the action figures - did you have mice in your basement?  Could someone have knocked them over and then set them back up hoping you wouldn't notice?

"For me, it is better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring."
                                                                                                                                           - Carl Sagan, The Demon-Haunted World:  Science as a Candle in the Dark

#7    Godofcats

Godofcats

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 04:42 AM

I'm not sure Taniwha's comment is a joke or not but something like that use to happen to me as a kid that boggles my mind now. Like Taniwha said I wanted to see if I could do magic so I took a straight sting and shook it up in my hands. When I took it out there was a small tight knot in the string. The more I did it the more knots were in the string. It happened a few more times. I even showed my classmates and even adults this thing I was doing and they would ask me how I did it and I would say I didn't know. I'm sure they thought it was just some trick but I had know idea how it happened. The older I got the less it happened until it just stopped.

#8    taniwha

taniwha

Hi. If im an idiot, then im an idiot for truth.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,751 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 05:03 AM

View PostGodofcats, on 12 March 2013 - 04:42 AM, said:

I'm not sure Taniwha's comment is a joke or not but something like that use to happen to me as a kid that boggles my mind now. Like Taniwha said I wanted to see if I could do magic so I took a straight sting and shook it up in my hands. When I took it out there was a small tight knot in the string. The more I did it the more knots were in the string. It happened a few more times. I even showed my classmates and even adults this thing I was doing and they would ask me how I did it and I would say I didn't know. I'm sure they thought it was just some trick but I had know idea how it happened. The older I got the less it happened until it just stopped.

Greetings Godofcats, Im glad to hear Im not the only one who experienced such a thing. It defies belief when it happens and like yourself I

was met by scornful and skeptical adults.

I love this thread , I believe so often as kids our conscience is able to perceive that which is extraordinary, and so, many of us pass through

that gateway into the unexplained and mysterious dimensions of which our  life continues to abound in... which may lead us ultimately to

this website to be comparing and sharing these oddball experiences...to make sense of ourselves and our world.

:tsu: To BP for the OP...

#9    Heaven Is A Halfpipe

Heaven Is A Halfpipe

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts

• Hi. My name is Spike.

Posted 13 March 2013 - 11:42 PM

One of my earliest memories is playing with toy cars on my bedroom floor... them moving around on their own :P I didn't know what a ghost was or even that that wasn't normal so... I just continued to play. :tu:

Edited by The Skater Boy, 13 March 2013 - 11:45 PM.

You can go the distance, you can run the mile and you can walk straight through HELL with a smile.

My UM Credentials: http://www.unexplain...5

#10    Paradoxum

Paradoxum

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 111 posts

• "Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one."

Posted 15 March 2013 - 02:05 PM

Were the cars battery powered Skater Boy? :whistle:

I've had a few odd things with my son's toys playing music by themselves in the middle of the night but have always assumed that was due to the fact they got a severe battering when being played with so the electronics were probably fried!

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science." - A. Einstein

#11    Heaven Is A Halfpipe

Heaven Is A Halfpipe

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts

• Hi. My name is Spike.

Posted 15 March 2013 - 03:19 PM

View PostMurk, on 15 March 2013 - 02:05 PM, said:

No :td: matter of fact I still have them :w00t:

You can go the distance, you can run the mile and you can walk straight through HELL with a smile.

My UM Credentials: http://www.unexplain...5

#12    Rafterman

Rafterman

Telekinetic

• 7,384 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 04:04 PM

View PostMurk, on 15 March 2013 - 02:05 PM, said:

I've had a few odd things with my son's toys playing music by themselves in the middle of the night but have always assumed that was due to the fact they got a severe battering when being played with so the electronics were probably fried!

Trust me - electric toys do some freaky **** when their batteries start to die.

Yes, Tickle Me Elmo will go off by himself and sound like a demon.

"For me, it is better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring."
                                                                                                                                           - Carl Sagan, The Demon-Haunted World:  Science as a Candle in the Dark

#13    Paradoxum

Paradoxum

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 111 posts

• "Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one."

Posted 15 March 2013 - 04:09 PM

View PostRafterman, on 15 March 2013 - 04:04 PM, said:

Trust me - electric toys do some freaky **** when their batteries start to die.

Yes, Tickle Me Elmo will go off by himself and sound like a demon.

You could argue that tickle me Elmo is a demon! :w00t: It's true about the batteries though, when my son was away I heard a really odd clicking noise at 4am coming from his room. I looked around for about 10 mins to see what it was and he'd left his Big trak on...

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science." - A. Einstein

#14    DBunker

DBunker

Government Agent

• 3,486 posts

• I prefer to know, not just to believe.

Posted 17 March 2013 - 10:41 PM

When I was about 7 years old my doll (a barbie) tried to set my cat on fire. The cat was burned so bad we had to kill it..... my dad took it out to the woods and bashed him into a tree, 4 times really carefuly, and then 11 times REALLY hard.

Now that communications technology has made it possible to give global reach to the bizarre and archive it forever, it is essential for men and women of reason resolutely to counter the delusions of the fringe element. James S. Robbins

#15    RaisingCain

RaisingCain

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 02:59 AM

View PostDBunker, on 17 March 2013 - 10:41 PM, said:

When I was about 7 years old my doll (a barbie) tried to set my cat on fire. The cat was burned so bad we had to kill it..... my dad took it out to the woods and bashed him into a tree, 4 times really carefuly, and then 11 times REALLY hard.

:no: :cry: :no:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users