Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Alleged ringleader in India gang rape dead

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1    Child of Bast

Child of Bast

Queen of the UM Asylum

• 5,640 posts

• The Mad Hatter: "Have I gone mad?"
    Alice: "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers.But I'll tell you a secret: all the best people are."

Posted 11 March 2013 - 03:38 PM

NEW DELHI -- The alleged ringleader in the gang-rape and death of a young Indian woman in December hanged himself in jail on Monday, officials said, a dramatic twist in a case that has provoked outrage across India.

Ram Singh's lawyer said his client had been composed and calm when he spoke to him on Friday and that there were other inmates in his cell in New Delhi's Tihar jail, raising questions about whether it was a suicide and how it could have gone unnoticed by staff in India's highest security prison.

The lawyer and a prison official said Singh had not been on suicide watch.

Police have described Singh as the ringleader of five men and a juvenile on trial for the December 16 attack on the 23-year-old trainee physiotherapist on a bus in the Indian capital. Singh was driving the bus.

Full story

Edited by Lady Kasey, 11 March 2013 - 03:38 PM.

No great mind has ever existed without a touch of madness. ~ Aristotle

#2    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,843 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 11 March 2013 - 05:50 PM

Now if only the rest would follow.

#3    Child of Bast

Child of Bast

Queen of the UM Asylum

• 5,640 posts

• The Mad Hatter: "Have I gone mad?"
    Alice: "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers.But I'll tell you a secret: all the best people are."

Posted 11 March 2013 - 06:31 PM

View PostRlyeh, on 11 March 2013 - 05:50 PM, said:

We can only hope. I told my friend here who is from India about his alleged suicide and she said he wasn't isolated from the general population, so he probably had help.

No great mind has ever existed without a touch of madness. ~ Aristotle

#4    pallidin

pallidin

Non-Corporeal Being

• 7,913 posts

• "When life gets you down... swim with a dolphin"

Posted 11 March 2013 - 08:42 PM

I'm glad the east Indian government has been recently taking these horrific gang rapes seriously.

I suppose there has been considerable internal/external pressure to do so.

#5    psyche101

psyche101

The Customer.

• 35,100 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 21 March 2013 - 08:18 AM

View PostRlyeh, on 11 March 2013 - 05:50 PM, said:

I would like to hope the kid could learn hw low he has sunk, but yeah, the rest of them the world wont miss.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users