Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Abortion of Girls in the UK

Professor Buzzkill

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/9794577/The-abortion-of-unwanted-girls-taking-place-in-the-UK.html

The Government was on Thursday night urged to open an inquiry after officials found signs that birth rates for girls and boys vary noticeably according to where their mothers were born.

A health minister said that these differences in rates of male and female births among mothers of certain nationalities may “fall outside the range considered possible without intervention”

It forms the first official statistical evidence potentially backing up concerns that sex-selection abortions are being carried out in Britain.

Also of note, although not in the article, the report was almost covered up by the dept. of Health, so not to offend minority groups. I love how speaking the truth about human rights abuses and illegal activity is now considered "offending" the offenders.

Abortions for non-medical reasons are legal until 24 weeks, but terminations on grounds of sex of the foetus are illegal under the 1967 Abortion Act.

If it offends them, perhaps they need to do something about it instead of getting all self-righteous.

The main point of my post (after of topic posts and removal from mods) was to show one example of how immigrants do not intergrate into british society. They do things we consider extreme and distasteful ( not to mention illegal) and we cannot question them for fear of offending their culture. Just because you are offended does not mean you are right, and if you want to keep your culture, stay where you are. If you like the british culture, come over and blend in.

• Like 2

Muslims ,Chinese ,Indians ,all kill girls.

Other Asian countries revere the male,but I don't think they kill them .Not sure about Africa .

The Chinese have no issue ,when out of China . The others still want just boys.

Edited by Simbi Laveau

Muslims ,Chinese ,Indians ,all kill girls.

Other Asian countries revere the male,but I don't think they kill them .Not sure about Africa .

The Chinese have no issue ,when out of China . The others still want just boys.

I think that proves my point about people mainly wanting boys.

Edited by TheLastLazyGun

I don't know what all was happening here but I saw hints of ignorant sexism and started to Hulk out.

AT ANY RATE it is true that a some races value boys over girls and it is something that has been going on for centuries. It all links back to old days of men being useful as workers etc and girls considered only useful as wives and bearing more sons.

Should be over that by now...

Edited by RockabyeBillie

I understand that this is ok in some cultures, but at the same time it doesn't set right with me. I guess I feel that way because I see each child as being a gift from above rather they be male or female.

If this is that big of a problem then I do agree that something needs to be done about it.

I understand that this is ok in some cultures, but at the same time it doesn't set right with me. I guess I feel that way because I see each child as being a gift from above rather they be male or female.

If this is that big of a problem then I do agree that something needs to be done about it.

If it occurred once something needs to be done about it.

Although i am hesitant to go down this line of reasoning, but abortions are legal for non medical reasons up until 24 weeks. Is this a factor in the acceptance of this practice? If abortions can be granted for no reason at all (legal), then how do you catch the people who are having an abortion because the fetus is female(illegal)?

If abortions can be granted for no reason at all (legal), then how do you catch the people who are having an abortion because the fetus is female(illegal)?

Don't allow anyone to test for gender before aborting.

• Like 3

...and there you have the answer - nice one Lilly

Good idea. But from the article above

Many hospitals have stopped giving parents information on the gender of their babies until late in the pregnancy.

However, blood tests that disclose the sex of a foetus are widely available on the internet or abroad.

Also, i don't want information about my child witheld from me because i might abort if its a girl. Maybe we could profile based on race?

Edited by Professor Buzzkill

I think it's wrong if people are having abortions over the sex of the fetus.

If it's illegal shouldn't the people performing these abortions be put in prison?

I don't know what all was happening here but I saw hints of ignorant sexism and started to Hulk out.

I think the article proves my point. The fact that so many people the world over are aborting girls just because they don't want them shows that, in the main, people the world over prefer to have boys.

Edited by TheLastLazyGun

If it's alright to abort because you don't want a child, then it should be alright to abort because you don't want a female child.

• Like 1

If it's alright to abort because you don't want a child, then it should be alright to abort because you don't want a female child.

After sleeping on this topic, in the light of day i can see that you are right. How can you be pro abortion, but not pro female abortion? Surely any reason is sufficient when no reason is needed.

• Like 2

I think you'd just end up with a lot more child abuse.

Why do we even care what these people do they shouldn't even be here.

Edited by yearofthehater

Many british hospitals,mainly those in areas with a high number of immigrant, now refuse to tell people the sex of thier babies during scans for this very reason,