Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

E.U. Bans Animal-Tested Cosmetics

cosmetics animal-tested ingredients

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 40,121 posts

• Sometimes it's better to keep the mystery unexplained.

Posted 11 March 2013 - 07:36 PM

European Union regulators announced a ban Monday on the import and sale of cosmetics containing ingredients tested on animals and to pledge more efforts to push other parts of the world, like China, to accept alternatives.

The ban, which will take effect immediately, “gives an important signal on the value that Europe attaches to animal welfare,” Tonio Borg, the E.U. commissioner for health and consumer policy, said in a statement.

http://www.nytimes.c...ients.html?_r=0

Posted Image

#2    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,671 posts

• "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Posted 11 March 2013 - 07:52 PM

Good, it's about time. :tu:

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

#3    skookum

skookum

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 08:00 PM

It is morally the right thing to do no questions asked really.

Unfortunately I started my work life in the cosmetics industry just when the animal testing thing first came out.  The right right thing to do is ban animal testing, however it is the expensive thing to do as a cosmetic company.  I will not name the one I worked for but they simply moved their labs to Asia to avoid the bad press at the time.

This company also sent all its non-biodegradable (cosmetics and all) waste to a land fill on the Isle of Sheppey fully aware it was illegal.  The quantity was at least 4 x 40 foot containers a week with stuff being shipped into England because they had found somebody who would turn a blind eye.

The worry is there is probably no animal welfare restrictions in the countries they will use, the only issue will be cost like above.

Edited by skookum, 11 March 2013 - 08:01 PM.

Posted Image

#4    ali smack

ali smack

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 871 posts

• If something's hard to do, then it's not worth doing

Posted 11 March 2013 - 09:36 PM

Well this is one thing I certainly agree with europe about

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users