Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 3 votes

Nugent Killed 455 Pigs

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1    F3SS

F3SS

Telekinetic

• 7,383 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 12:51 AM

...In one day. From a helicopter! Is he justified? Read on and see.

“I took my machine gun in the helicopter -- in the Texas hill country -- me and my buddy ‘Pigman.' His name is ‘Pigman’; I’m the swine czar. I killed 455 hogs with my machine gun. I did it for Bill Maher and all those other animal rights freaks out there," he told Winterble, according to RumorFix. "My haters will hate me more for that."

Nugent, who claims he fired off 750 rounds a minute, says it was all for the common good since wild pigs destroy the region's natural habitat, RumorFix reports. After the kill, the 64-year-old gun-crazed rocker said he gave the meat to the needy. “We distributed tons of the most delicious pork to the soup kitchens and homeless shelters of this state. Everything we did was perfect – win, win, win," he added. “I had to adjust my halo as I was machine-gunning hogs.”

Ted's thoughts on twitter: We kill pigs with machinegunsfrom helicopters to save the environment what r u doin

http://www.huffingto..._n_2852302.html

Edited by -Mr_Fess-, 12 March 2013 - 12:53 AM.

Posted Image

#2    Iron_Lotus

Iron_Lotus

Happy

• 3,100 posts

• I'll scream for you in whispers, because I always hated being too loud.

Posted 12 March 2013 - 12:56 AM

well then... not sure if thats the best way to go about feeding the poor and homeless. imma just say alllrighty then.

"Good lord, what is happening in there?!" ................."Aurora Borealis?"

"A...Aurora Borealis?! At this time of year?!? At this time of day!?!  In this part of the country!? Localized entirely within your kitchen!?!"

#3    Merc14

Merc14

anti-woo magician

• 6,380 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 01:06 AM

Feral pigs have become a serious issue throughout the south and southwest.   Befoe you make a judgement research the damage these animals are doing to the environment.

"Science is more than a body of knowledge, it is a way of thinking, a way of skeptically interrogating the universe with a fine understanding of human fallibility." Carl Sagan

#4    Gromdor

Gromdor

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,640 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 01:16 AM

A bit over the top.  But I guess in this day and age if you are a celebrity and don't go overboard on things, you tend to fade into obscurity.

#5    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 14,928 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 12 March 2013 - 01:44 AM

The wild pigs are so bad in Mississippi that they're considered "varmits"  no need for permits - kill on site and leave them where they lay.  They are destroying habitat of other, native animals.  Too bad they can't be efficiently harvested for food but from what I hear they aren't much anyway.  :(

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...
“This is like playing poker with a guy who cheated you twice before. You know who does that, a moron.

#6    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,674 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 12 March 2013 - 01:46 AM

While I agree feral pigs are damaging to the environment I do have to question his motives for doing this, getting his name in the news so he won't be forgotten.

#7    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 11,842 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 01:59 AM

I was going to say that pigs/hogs are a feral menace here in Oz, often shot from hrlicopter as well.
Nugent might be daffier then a certain little black duck, but he,s doing the right thing in this case.

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

#8    F3SS

F3SS

Telekinetic

• 7,383 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 02:03 AM

View PostHilander, on 12 March 2013 - 01:46 AM, said:

While I agree feral pigs are damaging to the environment I do have to question his motives for doing this, getting his name in the news so he won't be forgotten.
I don't think this is his first time. I remember he had a reality show years back and he was hunting his contestants from a helicopter with a paintball gun. I don't remember what the lucky winner got but it was funny and he was good. He's had practice.

Posted Image

#9    Merc14

Merc14

anti-woo magician

• 6,380 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 02:17 AM

We don't have a problem with them in Virginia, yet, but we are out in front of it because these things eat everything.  They especially like sea turtle eggs and some endangered animals and that is a big no-no in VA.   Interesting and short powerpoint PDF on FP's.

http://www.dcr.virgi...SWG20120831.pdf

Edited by Merc14, 12 March 2013 - 02:20 AM.

"Science is more than a body of knowledge, it is a way of thinking, a way of skeptically interrogating the universe with a fine understanding of human fallibility." Carl Sagan

#10    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 12,873 posts
  • Location:Safford, Arizona...My heart and soul are still on the Oregon Coast.

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 12 March 2013 - 02:21 AM

That is Ted, he talks like that to p*** off PETA...

I doubt he killed that many, but as some have said, feral pigs are destroying forests, and the environment. They are out of control.

I do know he does use everything, and he fed the needy.

I used to bow hunt, and Ted is number 1 to me when it comes to hunting respectfully, and also I wish he would run for Prez..

Kamp for Kids

The youth of today are the FUTURE OF AMERICA and will determine the fate of conservation and outdoor sports, including hunting.
There's only one Ted Nugent and there's only one Ted Nugent Kamp for Kids! Often imitated, never equaled—there's only one true TNKFK!
2013 Kamp for Kids! It's a full day of outdoor fun including: archery, airguns, fishing, trapping, wildlife calls, outdoor survival and first aid. All kampers leave with fishing pole and a tackle box full of stuff! Lunch and a t-shirt are also included.

In 1989, we created our beloved TED NUGENT KAMP FOR KIDS as a nonprofit 501C3 charity to attract American children into that higher level of awareness that is the discipline of the shooting sports and an outdoor lifestyle that I, and so many families, celebrate and cherish daily.
Posted Image
We are excited and look forward to continuing our hard work, as we forge ahead with our success of getting kids away from drugs, alcohol, tobacco, gangs, crime, and the zombie world of videogame disconnect that has been such a negative force on their lives. We have seen how genuinely moved the kids and their families are following each session of our Kamps for years now. The growth and prognosis is clearly a win win for the kids, their families and friends, and ultimately for the future of conservation and constitutional rights in America. We sincerely thank all the generous volunteers and donators to TNKFK.
Godbless America and Godspeed the kids.
Ted Nugent & the Ted Nugent Kamp for Kids
Board of Directors & Staff

Posted Image

http://www.tednugent...volvement/kamp/

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

#11    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 14,231 posts

• I love chocolate

Posted 12 March 2013 - 05:34 PM

The only criticism I have is that machine guns are not legal.  Perhaps he had a special permit.

#12    zenfahr

zenfahr

Psychic Spy

• 1,599 posts
  • Location:Center of my universe.... which is located in a bunker in New Mexico.

• "The Eagle never lost so much time as when he submitted to learn from the Crow"
    -Nobody

Posted 12 March 2013 - 05:38 PM

View PostOverSword, on 12 March 2013 - 05:34 PM, said:

The only criticism I have is that machine guns are not legal.  Perhaps he had a special permit.
varmit or not did he also have a permit to kill all those pigs as well?

.....Im NOT here.....

My Art Gallery

#13    F3SS

F3SS

Telekinetic

• 7,383 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 05:46 PM

View PostOverSword, on 12 March 2013 - 05:34 PM, said:

They are legal for those with the money to afford permits not to mention ammo.

View Postzenfahr, on 12 March 2013 - 05:38 PM, said:

varmit or not did he also have a permit to kill all those pigs as well?
But I'm sure he had some special permit or legal authority to do what he did. It'd be pretty brazen of anyone to jump in a helicopter and fly over public or private lands firing a machine gun all day long. Without prior authorization they'd have probably been shot down by an f-16 and I'd say rightfully so.

Posted Image

#14    TheLastLazyGun

TheLastLazyGun

Psychic Spy

• 1,144 posts
  • Location:The edge of the West Pennine Moors, Northern England

Posted 12 March 2013 - 05:48 PM

View PostMerc14, on 12 March 2013 - 01:06 AM, said:

Feral pigs have become a serious issue throughout the south and southwest.   Befoe you make a judgement research the damage these animals are doing to the environment.

Yeah.  And you can't beat a few bacon butties.

#15    ohio_traveler

ohio_traveler

Psychic Spy

• 1,864 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 06:41 PM

I'm just mad because Ted has a machine gun and I don't.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users