Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


* * * - - 3 votes

Nugent Killed 455 Pigs


  • Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#31    Corp

Corp

    Telekinetic

  • Member
  • 6,951 posts
  • Joined:19 Jun 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Ottawa

Posted 13 March 2013 - 07:44 PM

Getting rid of feral pigs is all well and good and giving away the meat is great, however given his statement it seems Nugent was doing this to p*** people off. I'm sure he'd have more support if he was a touch more diplomatic.

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things: the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth a war, is much worse...A man who has nothing which he is willing to fight for, nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

#32    Merc14

Merc14

    anti-woo magician

  • Member
  • 5,620 posts
  • Joined:03 Mar 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Virginia, USA

Posted 13 March 2013 - 07:55 PM

View PostCorp, on 13 March 2013 - 07:44 PM, said:

Getting rid of feral pigs is all well and good and giving away the meat is great, however given his statement it seems Nugent was doing this to p*** people off. I'm sure he'd have more support if he was a touch more diplomatic.

Why bother.  The people that are p***ed off at him will always be p***ed off no matter what he does so screw 'em and needle them every chance you get.  It's actually a good lesson for the republican party in general, quit appealing to the left because no matter what you do they will always hate you so attack them and never stop.  It is how the left runs things and it is a successful startegy.  Ted knows this intrinsically.

"Embrace the suck"

#33    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

    Government Agent

  • Member
  • 3,570 posts
  • Joined:16 Dec 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Free America

  • it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 13 March 2013 - 08:24 PM

Lets be p***ed off at this guy instead. Not the Utuber but who hes talking about. I refuse to give you text. Watch and listen....Open your ears as well as your eyes folks. Hypocrisy at the highest level !!




#34    hatecraft

hatecraft

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 97 posts
  • Joined:14 Feb 2012

Posted 13 March 2013 - 08:25 PM

View Postjustcalmebubba, on 13 March 2013 - 06:46 PM, said:

i know if i was going to go through all the troble to get a mg its be like the old  'bar"  or a gatlin  yep gatlin be a great displace pice but even better if it was in working order  corse after that then its the ol ma duce  ..yeah it just gets bigger from there

Gatling guns are not NFA items.  You wouldn't have to go through all the extra hassle because it's actually a semi auto.


#35    F3SS

F3SS

    Telekinetic

  • Member
  • 6,747 posts
  • Joined:11 Jun 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Pittsburgh, Pa

Posted 13 March 2013 - 08:36 PM

View PostCorp, on 13 March 2013 - 07:44 PM, said:

Getting rid of feral pigs is all well and good and giving away the meat is great, however given his statement it seems Nugent was doing this to p*** people off. I'm sure he'd have more support if he was a touch more diplomatic.
He would have done this anyways. He lives for this stuff. Given that he talked about it publicly of course he'd incite his haters. That's what Ted does. Like him or not you've got to admire his lack of desire to appease and patronize. It's called being real and screw Bill Maher. It's not as if he's full of kind words for those he doesn't like.

Posted Image

#36    Uncle Sam

Uncle Sam

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,360 posts
  • Joined:26 Jul 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Free America

Posted 13 March 2013 - 10:29 PM

View PostAsteroidX, on 13 March 2013 - 08:24 PM, said:

Lets be p***ed off at this guy instead. Not the Utuber but who hes talking about. I refuse to give you text. Watch and listen....Open your ears as well as your eyes folks. Hypocrisy at the highest level !!



This guy is making an great point. Mark Kelly is against guns and is a hypocrite.

A man's ethical behaviour should be based effectually on sympathy, education, and social ties and needs; no religious basis is necessary. Man would indeed be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear of punishment and hope of reward after death. - Albert Einstein

#37    Rafterman

Rafterman

    Telekinetic

  • Member
  • 6,949 posts
  • Joined:27 Sep 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Upstate

Posted 14 March 2013 - 03:30 PM

View PostOverSword, on 12 March 2013 - 05:34 PM, said:

The only criticism I have is that machine guns are not legal.  Perhaps he had a special permit.

Class III firearms license - ever watch Sons of Guns?

They're VERY expensive as are the weapons and you basically open yourself up to ATF inspection at any time if you have one.

"You can't have freedom of religion without having freedom from the religious beliefs of other people."

#38    Corp

Corp

    Telekinetic

  • Member
  • 6,951 posts
  • Joined:19 Jun 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Ottawa

Posted 14 March 2013 - 04:19 PM

View PostMerc14, on 13 March 2013 - 07:55 PM, said:

Why bother.  The people that are p***ed off at him will always be p***ed off no matter what he does so screw 'em and needle them every chance you get.  It's actually a good lesson for the republican party in general, quit appealing to the left because no matter what you do they will always hate you so attack them and never stop.  It is how the left runs things and it is a successful startegy.  Ted knows this intrinsically.

Going out of your way to p*** people off seems like a very dumb thing to do. It just makes Ted look like a jackass and makes it less likely that people will listen to his arguments, even if he has perfectly reasonable points.

Oh and the right is no better than the left when it comes to irrational hate.

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things: the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth a war, is much worse...A man who has nothing which he is willing to fight for, nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

#39    Merc14

Merc14

    anti-woo magician

  • Member
  • 5,620 posts
  • Joined:03 Mar 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Virginia, USA

Posted 14 March 2013 - 05:25 PM

View PostCorp, on 14 March 2013 - 04:19 PM, said:

Going out of your way to p*** people off seems like a very dumb thing to do. It just makes Ted look like a jackass and makes it less likely that people will listen to his arguments, even if he has perfectly reasonable points.

You reacted to my post but didn't read it.  The point is that there is absolutely nothing you can say to a fervent leftist that will change their minds or make them like you so don't even try, just make them angry and irrational and laugh like hell while you are doing it.  Enrage them and make them strike out and go crazy.  Wonderful fun and it keeps the loons busy on the small stuff so you can fix the big stuff that the loony left has destroyed.

View PostCorp, on 14 March 2013 - 04:19 PM, said:

Oh and the right is no better than the left when it comes to irrational hate.

The right doesn't hate irrationally, that is a cahracteristic of the left.  You can try an comfort yourself by believing there is parity but you would be wrong.  Proof is abundant like, for instance, take a look at a park after a tea party gathering and after a occupy whatever gathering.  LMAO.

Edited by Merc14, 14 March 2013 - 05:27 PM.

"Embrace the suck"

#40    Sakari

Sakari

    tohi

  • Member
  • 12,721 posts
  • Joined:16 Aug 2009
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Safford, Arizona...My heart and soul are still on the Oregon Coast.

  • Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 15 March 2013 - 12:53 AM

View PostCorp, on 13 March 2013 - 07:44 PM, said:

Getting rid of feral pigs is all well and good and giving away the meat is great, however given his statement it seems Nugent was doing this to p*** people off. I'm sure he'd have more support if he was a touch more diplomatic.

Nugent is a hero to a lot of people. If he ran for President, I think he would have a good chance.

Chuck Norris carries Nugents hunting gear when told to.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm


#41    Corp

Corp

    Telekinetic

  • Member
  • 6,951 posts
  • Joined:19 Jun 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Ottawa

Posted 15 March 2013 - 03:57 PM

View PostMerc14, on 14 March 2013 - 05:25 PM, said:

You reacted to my post but didn't read it.  The point is that there is absolutely nothing you can say to a fervent leftist that will change their minds or make them like you so don't even try, just make them angry and irrational and laugh like hell while you are doing it.  Enrage them and make them strike out and go crazy.  Wonderful fun and it keeps the loons busy on the small stuff so you can fix the big stuff that the loony left has destroyed.



The right doesn't hate irrationally, that is a cahracteristic of the left.  You can try an comfort yourself by believing there is parity but you would be wrong.  Proof is abundant like, for instance, take a look at a park after a tea party gathering and after a occupy whatever gathering.  LMAO.

So Ted is just being a troll then? And sorry Merc but if you want to admit it or not the right has just as much irrational hatred as the left does. That's the reality of it and personal bias doesn't change that.


View PostSakari, on 15 March 2013 - 12:53 AM, said:

Nugent is a hero to a lot of people. If he ran for President, I think he would have a good chance.

Chuck Norris carries Nugents hunting gear when told to.

Nugent is also a complete wacko to a lot of people. Given his skill to p*** people off I doubt any kind of Presidental run would go anywhere. Plus given that Norris claimed that an Obama second term would bring about a thousand years of darkness he's not the best person to get endorsements from. ;)

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things: the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth a war, is much worse...A man who has nothing which he is willing to fight for, nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

#42    Sakari

Sakari

    tohi

  • Member
  • 12,721 posts
  • Joined:16 Aug 2009
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Safford, Arizona...My heart and soul are still on the Oregon Coast.

  • Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 16 March 2013 - 03:48 AM

View PostCorp, on 15 March 2013 - 03:57 PM, said:

Nugent is also a complete wacko to a lot of people. Given his skill to p*** people off I doubt any kind of Presidental run would go anywhere. Plus given that Norris claimed that an Obama second term would bring about a thousand years of darkness he's not the best person to get endorsements from. ;)

He does it to get the attention, not that he needs or wants any. Just attention towards certain causes. He hates PETA, and so do I. He is just p***ing them off, with no skin off his nose.

The Chuck Norris thing may not have made sense. A lot of people say Chuck is great, and have quotes about him. I was trying to say Ted is so much better then Chuck, that Chuck is his servant.....Was dumb.


Nugent, either love him, or hate him, either way, he is not afraid to speak his mind. For that, he should get some respect.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm


#43    F3SS

F3SS

    Telekinetic

  • Member
  • 6,747 posts
  • Joined:11 Jun 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Pittsburgh, Pa

Posted 16 March 2013 - 03:57 AM

Chuck Norris will decide if the joke was dumb.

Posted Image

#44    Merc14

Merc14

    anti-woo magician

  • Member
  • 5,620 posts
  • Joined:03 Mar 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Virginia, USA

Posted 16 March 2013 - 05:03 AM

View Post-Mr_Fess-, on 16 March 2013 - 03:57 AM, said:

Chuck Norris will decide if the joke was dumb.

Awesome

"Embrace the suck"

#45    lightly

lightly

    metaphysical therapist

  • Member
  • 6,073 posts
  • Joined:01 Apr 2009
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Michigan U.S.A.

  • "The future ain't what it used to be"
    Yogi Berra

Posted 16 March 2013 - 12:18 PM

i guess it's sort of ok... Ted.     I hope most of the 455 bullet ridden hogs were actually eaten by people that needed food.    I wonder if they were hateful lefty hogs?

Important:  The above may contain errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and other limitations.




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users