At a discussion on the future of food here at the American Museum of Natural History on Tuesday (March 5), a panel of experts grappled with the issues of how society produces and consumes food. Here are seven key points they addressed:
1. How much should food cost?
2. The need to feed a growing world.
3. What we're doing won't work."
4. What's the reality behind fears of genetically modified food?
5. Are patents necessary to spur the innovation we need?
6. Do we need "open source" in agriculture?
7. Better consumers needed.