Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Exorcism: Is demonic possession real?

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

Poll: Is demonic possession real? (20 member(s) have cast votes)

Is demonic possession real?

1. Yes (7 votes [35.00%])

Percentage of vote: 35.00%

2. No (13 votes [65.00%])

Percentage of vote: 65.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#16    MrY

MrY

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 05:00 AM

Think about it in terms of cognitive psychology.  If a person truly believes that they are possessed, and that demons exist, then to them, that is in fact reality.  Thus whether or not demons actually exist is really arbitrary, because each individual perceives everything in their own way, and has their own unique reality in every aspect of life.

#17    himalyanmystic

himalyanmystic

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 151 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 05:42 AM

View PostRender, on 12 March 2013 - 10:21 AM, said:

Im Indian so ,ive met ppl who have claomed to be possessed ,after going through spiritual methods of remedy many recover,
many ppl who do not believe go for psychiatric assessments and treatments,
ppl taking antidepressents benefit becuse depression is common complaint for those possessed or claiming to be possessed
having company of friends and family members is useful becuse those possessed complain of fear and loneliness,
compassion ,support fath good food exercise sunlight visiting spiritual places,all benefit such individuals.
possessed ppl behave in ways that can cause isolation hence for the ppl who are friends family members and loved ones need to play
a crucial role in their care and might need to tolerate such erratic behaviour for long periods of time'
but sustained love and care can benefit every condition,
:)
Exorcism need s someone who is well versed in the process and is also willing to help without material gains such a priest or spiritual healer is able to provide varying degrees of relief it also depends upon kinds of possession no authoritative document or scripture can be quoted at the moment because anyone can become sceptical .
400 years back we said microbes dont exist we,believed that  but we found they are just not visible to the naked eye but the whole world has more microscopic life than we can imagine ,how possession happens is not the point we must go to every possibility to cure such a person .
The energy of disembodied beings hinders the normal life activities,Im sure that science will have to be developed to
Give more conclusive remedies and also we must carefully observe the ppl who claim to be possessed or appear to be possessed,it might be useful to find out instances of those possessed whose case histories became famous in the past,Their is no organised religion in the world that doesent have claims of such beings and how to send them away.
If psycotherapy and spiritual healing and love and care of family is provided all becomes well.sorry if im going on and on ill keep it short

[HIMALAYANMYSTIC

#18    _Only

_Only

• 6,653 posts

• Did you ever grow anything in the garden of your mind? You can grow ideas, in the garden of your mind. - Mr. Rogers

Posted 13 March 2013 - 05:49 AM

View PostMrkian, on 13 March 2013 - 05:00 AM, said:

Think about it in terms of cognitive psychology.  If a person truly believes that they are possessed, and that demons exist, then to them, that is in fact reality.  Thus whether or not demons actually exist is really arbitrary, because each individual perceives everything in their own way, and has their own unique reality in every aspect of life.

This is what I try to get at, but then feel dirty for telling someone who doesn't agree. Because in their reality, they're right.

I love to make mashups! Click here to hear!
I also love taking pictures! Click here to see!
I love to play drums, too! Whatever you do, don't click here!

#19    Lumpino

Lumpino

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 221 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 10:02 AM

I don´t think  that demons can possess people. Psychic problems like possess I think do elemental astral beings, ( larvae ), see you Stanislas de Guaita, The Serpent of Genesis and The Key of Black Magic. Not a high beings like demons.

#20    Knight Of Shadows

Knight Of Shadows

Shadow Dancer

• 5,251 posts

• Rest In Peace A.B

Posted 16 March 2013 - 09:32 AM

as much as demonic possession cases  may be a case of mental illness
but i don't doubt there is real demonic possession beyond doubt in my opinion
people talk of languages they never learned before
or knowing things they couldn't possibly know such as secrets
these things where the term of mental illness fail
and all they do is just " assume " that they learned the languages or knew the secrets

my vote goes to yes

by the name of Allah the Gracious the Merciful
Say, "I seek refuge in the Lord of daybreak From the evil of that which He created
And from the evil of darkness when it settles And from the evil of the blowers in knots
And from the evil of an envier when he envies"
truthful was Allah The Most High And Great

#21    _Only

_Only

• 6,653 posts

• Did you ever grow anything in the garden of your mind? You can grow ideas, in the garden of your mind. - Mr. Rogers

Posted 16 March 2013 - 03:34 PM

View PostKnight Of Shadows, on 16 March 2013 - 09:32 AM, said:

as much as demonic possession cases  may be a case of mental illness
but i don't doubt there is real demonic possession beyond doubt in my opinion
people talk of languages they never learned before
or knowing things they couldn't possibly know such as secrets
these things where the term of mental illness fail
and all they do is just " assume " that they learned the languages or knew the secrets

my vote goes to yes

There is the possibility that they knew things they thought they didn't, because all knowledge sits somewhere in the mind, just not readily accessed. It doesn't necessarily have to be an outside entity feeding information in. As odd as my possibility sounds, I think it is more realistic than a separate entity that is evil invading your mind to implant thoughts and things you say.

I love to make mashups! Click here to hear!
I also love taking pictures! Click here to see!
I love to play drums, too! Whatever you do, don't click here!

#22    A Shadow

A Shadow

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 666 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 12:17 PM

View Post_Only said:

There is the possibility that they knew things they thought they didn't, because all knowledge sits somewhere in the mind, just not readily accessed. It doesn't necessarily have to be an outside entity feeding information in. As odd as my possibility sounds, I think it is more realistic than a separate entity that is evil invading your mind to implant thoughts and things you say.

For some invoking can, in the least, clear and focus ones mind and help them see something they might of not seen before. Now how far does this go into demon possesion, I say deppens on the person.

I'm reminded of my teenage days when one of the party members would hide an object/belonging in a box and the rest of us would invoke spirits/demons for guessing what was in the said box.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users