Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Is It Time To Call In The Guard?

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#1    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 17,789 posts

• I count him braver who overcomes his desires than him who conquers his enemies for the hardest victory is over SELF.
    Aristotle

Posted 12 March 2013 - 04:57 PM

A 6 month old shot 5 times, dies and her father is in hospital.
http://www.foxnews.c...g-shot-5-times/

Maybe it's time for some heavy fire power on those streets for a while.

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...
“This is like playing poker with a guy who cheated you twice before. You know who does that, a moron.

#2    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,671 posts

• "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Posted 12 March 2013 - 05:18 PM

Absolutely horrible.

Chicago has seen a recent rise in gun violence -- much of it gang-related

That's funny, as gangs would not be affected by stricter gun laws as they wouldn't stick to them anyway.

Edited by Coffey, 12 March 2013 - 05:18 PM.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

#3    Ashotep

Ashotep

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,995 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 12 March 2013 - 05:23 PM

Strict gun laws are only going to keep the guns out of the hands of people that obey the law.  Gangs don't obey the law, they'll get whatever they want.  I think its time to crack down on them hard and heavy.

EDIT:  The biggest part of gun deaths in this country come from gang violence.

Edited by Hilander, 12 March 2013 - 05:27 PM.

#4    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 11,964 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 05:25 PM

Ban gangs.

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated." - Hunt for the Skinwalker

"The ultimate irony of the Disclosure movement is that it deeply distrusts officialdom, while simultaneously looking to officialdom for the truth." - Robbie Graham Silver Screen Saucers

#5    aztek

aztek

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,647 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 05:58 PM

View Postand then, on 12 March 2013 - 04:57 PM, said:

Maybe it's time for some heavy fire power on those streets for a while.
and who are they gonna shoot, whit all their firepower? are they gonna physicly guard each and every person that lives in the city? or the'll confiscate every single legal regestered gun?? (gangs don't have legal guns).how do you see it bring any result?

RESIDENT TROLL.

#6    F3SS

F3SS

FoT

• 9,846 posts

• Father of Twins
    3-16-16

Posted 12 March 2013 - 06:04 PM

View Postaztek, on 12 March 2013 - 05:58 PM, said:

and who are they gonna shoot, whit all their firepower? are they gonna physicly guard each and every person that lives in the city? or the'll confiscate every single legal regestered gun?? (gangs don't have legal guns).how do you see it bring any result?
Well I'm sure between the FBI and local law enforcement there is a great deal of intelligence about where these gangs thrive. They concentrate in certain houses, buildings and streets. At the very least, enough of them have been arrested to make identification of certain members simple. I'm sure a few good interrogation techniques could get some more info. Marshall law isn't a good thing in most cases but I can certainly justify a little shock and awe campaign against these thugs.

#7    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 10,348 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 12 March 2013 - 06:09 PM

The more fire power you have, the more the gangs will arm themselves.
The more the gangs arm themselves, the more the people who obey the law will want to defend themselves.
Then you got the mentally challenged and losing it badly kid who gets hold of mummy or daddies gun and kills a load of people.

Where does it all end??

Personally, I would ban gangs, if they want a war, give it to them and wipe them off the streets. As pointed out, they know who they are, so flush them out!!

#8    aztek

aztek

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,647 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 06:09 PM

View Post-Mr_Fess-, on 12 March 2013 - 06:04 PM, said:

Well I'm sure between the FBI and local law enforcement there is a great deal of intelligence about where these gangs thrive. They concentrate in certain houses, buildings and streets. At the very least, enough of them have been arrested to make identification of certain members simple. I'm sure a few good interrogation techniques could get some more info. Marshall law isn't a good thing in most cases but I can certainly justify a little shock and awe campaign against these thugs.
shock and awe has been tried in south central la, worked right until leos left the area, things are back to "normal" now. and what is the point, whoever they arrested, came right back out. don't forget informants are not only on police side.

RESIDENT TROLL.

#9    CrimsonKing

CrimsonKing

Common Sense Aficionado

• 4,314 posts

• "It does not require a majority to prevail,but rather an irate,tireless minority keen to set brushfires in peoples minds" Sam Adams

Posted 12 March 2013 - 06:10 PM

Just need to tighten those guns laws a bit more,that will do the trick  ;)

"If it is not advantageous,do not move.If objectives can not be attained,do not employ the army.Unless endangered do not engage in warfare.The ruler cannot mobilize the army out of personal anger.The general can not engage in battle because of personal frustration.When it is advantageous,move;when not advantageous,stop.Anger can revert to happiness,annoyance can revert to joy,but a vanquished state cannot be revived,the dead cannot be brought back to life." Sun-Tzu

#10    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 10,348 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 12 March 2013 - 06:20 PM

View PostCrimsonKing, on 12 March 2013 - 06:10 PM, said:

Just need to tighten those guns laws a bit more,that will do the trick  ;)

Hmmm, not too sure the gangs will bother reading them, let alone follow them.

#11    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 11,964 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 06:21 PM

I'm pretty sure they would.

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated." - Hunt for the Skinwalker

"The ultimate irony of the Disclosure movement is that it deeply distrusts officialdom, while simultaneously looking to officialdom for the truth." - Robbie Graham Silver Screen Saucers

#12    aztek

aztek

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,647 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 06:39 PM

View PostSweetpumper, on 12 March 2013 - 06:21 PM, said:

I'm pretty sure they would.
lol, only if it is written in cocaine

RESIDENT TROLL.

#13    CrimsonKing

CrimsonKing

Common Sense Aficionado

• 4,314 posts

• "It does not require a majority to prevail,but rather an irate,tireless minority keen to set brushfires in peoples minds" Sam Adams

Posted 12 March 2013 - 06:43 PM

View Postfreetoroam, on 12 March 2013 - 06:20 PM, said:

Hmmm, not too sure the gangs will bother reading them, let alone follow them.

Sure they will most are growing up on gov checks anyway,surely they will go by dear leaders laws.No?

"If it is not advantageous,do not move.If objectives can not be attained,do not employ the army.Unless endangered do not engage in warfare.The ruler cannot mobilize the army out of personal anger.The general can not engage in battle because of personal frustration.When it is advantageous,move;when not advantageous,stop.Anger can revert to happiness,annoyance can revert to joy,but a vanquished state cannot be revived,the dead cannot be brought back to life." Sun-Tzu

#14    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 17,192 posts

• I love chocolate

Posted 12 March 2013 - 06:58 PM

speechless.

#15    F3SS

F3SS

FoT

• 9,846 posts

• Father of Twins
    3-16-16

Posted 12 March 2013 - 07:15 PM

View Postaztek, on 12 March 2013 - 06:09 PM, said:

shock and awe has been tried in south central la, worked right until leos left the area, things are back to "normal" now. and what is the point, whoever they arrested, came right back out. don't forget informants are not only on police side.

Yea I know there's no easy answer. Round 'em up and put them on a volcanic island. Give them plant and food seeds and a few chickens and sheep and they can find a way to live and deal with each other leaving the rest of civilization alone. In fact screw prison. I like the idea of just sending them off to their own devices. They'll either kill each other or learn to be civil so long as the volcano doesn't issue it's own justice first.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users