Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Is It Time To Call In The Guard?

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#31    aztek

aztek

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,620 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 11:20 PM

oh , and also keeping them in jails would help too, but with money they got, they get very good lawyers and get out, they play the system, and they have their ppl on inside as well.

RESIDENT TROLL.

#32    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 12 March 2013 - 11:37 PM

NO

#33    aztek

aztek

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,620 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 11:50 PM

*snip*

Edited by Saru, 13 March 2013 - 09:49 AM.
Removed copyrighted video ( also contains graphic content/profanity )

RESIDENT TROLL.

#34    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 17,783 posts

• I count him braver who overcomes his desires than him who conquers his enemies for the hardest victory is over SELF.
    Aristotle

Posted 13 March 2013 - 01:44 AM

All the more reason to go aggressive against them.  The other option as far as I can see is just the status quo.  That definitely isn't working.If these gang members will stand and fight like insurgents, then kill them without mercy.  It gets down to acting or being docile IMO.  Sometimes there just are NO good choices.  Evil must be fought or it continues to grow and worsen.

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...
“This is like playing poker with a guy who cheated you twice before. You know who does that, a moron.

#35    aztek

aztek

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,620 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 04:10 AM

View Postand then, on 13 March 2013 - 01:44 AM, said:

That definitely isn't working.If these gang members will stand and fight like insurgents, then kill them without mercy

so you gonna turn streets of America into a war zone??? kill 1000 gang members may be, and have 10000 innocent civilians as collateral damage??? bring tanks, drones....

that how are you better than them? you will be bigger enemy that gangs ever were.

Edited by aztek, 13 March 2013 - 04:13 AM.

RESIDENT TROLL.

#36    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 10,338 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 13 March 2013 - 02:21 PM

View PostCrimsonKing, on 12 March 2013 - 07:21 PM, said:

Bad idea there fess our gov would figure out a way to start sending them all kinds of aid draining tax payers pockets empty.Would not matter if it was a dem or rep we would hear cries of how bad these criminals are starving and their living conditions terrible-We must help them!
yes, we must help them.
Put them out of their misery with a few rounds, that will sort it!

#37    ninjadude

ninjadude

Seeker of truths

• 11,279 posts

• "dirt collects at the interfaces"

Posted 14 March 2013 - 02:36 AM

View Postaztek, on 13 March 2013 - 04:10 AM, said:

so you gonna turn streets of America into a war zone??? kill 1000 gang members may be, and have 10000 innocent civilians as collateral damage??? bring tanks, drones....

that how are you better than them? you will be bigger enemy that gangs ever were.

it's part of his Zionist apocalyptic worldview.

"Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now!""
- Friedrich Nietzsche

#38    Collateral Damage

Collateral Damage

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 260 posts

• "Those who stand for nothing fall for anything."

Posted 14 March 2013 - 04:00 AM

IMO Martial Law to a certain extent will deplete gang activity within our cities to a minimum. A number of soldiers patrolling each and every block around the city, day and night, as well curfew for the common citizen. Specific targets (suspected gang leaders, etc.) top priority for interrogation reasons. Of course plenty of UC's being dispatched throughout neighborhoods would be highly recommended.
In the end it's really a debate of to each his own and I regard action rather than just discussion.

Edited by Collateral Damage, 14 March 2013 - 04:05 AM.

Undated letter by President J.F.K. said:

"War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today."

"The nation which forgets its defenders will be itself forgotten."

#39    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 15,211 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 06:05 AM

yes, because exactly what you want is armed soldies marching up and down the street acting as police.

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

You may think you're cool, but you'll never be as cool as Peter Capaldi with an electric guitar, on a tank, playing the Doctor Who theme.

#40    Jinxdom

Jinxdom

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

• Education...has produced a vast population able to read but unable to distinguish what is worth reading.
    -- G.M. Trevelyan

Posted 14 March 2013 - 06:27 AM

Easy solution any known gang member who gets murders police won't investigate. Open season on all dirt bags by the citizens of the neighborhood. Or reinstate militias and have them take care of it instead of a federal force. I would say a local militia would work better because they would have a better grasp at who really is involved.

Letting a federal agency do it though is kind of pushing it. A more Boondock Saintish approach on the otherhand......

Innocent lives are already being lost so whats the point of not fighting back?

Edited by Jinxdom, 14 March 2013 - 06:28 AM.

#41    DarkHunter

DarkHunter

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 07:06 AM

The gang problem is complex and won't be solved easily.  More then likely harsh and extreme motives would have to be taken to even have an attempt to fix the problem.

First thing I would do is change the prison system extensively.  Once an individual is identified as being in a gang I would have their sentence doubled for any crimes they commit, whether they be gang related or not.  Second once in prison a gang member would be put into complete isolation and would not be allowed under any circumstances to interact with other inmates.  Personally I would like to see it where gang members arrested in an area are not sent to the same prison, or even to prisons in the general area, but instead sent to prisons in completely different areas of the nation.  Lastly any visitations or calls would be monitored.  By drastically increasing the sentencing it would keep the gang members off the streets for longer and having it for any crime would make it easier to arrest them.  The complete isolation would keep them from recruiting new members into the gangs and would keep the experienced gang members from training the younger gang members.  Monitoring the calls and visits would help keep the gang leaders from being able to communicate orders to their gang out of prison.  Sending gangs to different prisons across the nation from where they where arrested would further help to disrupt gang activity in jails my minimizing the same gang members in the same prison, keeping them away from any support they may get from cops in with the regional gang, and lastly would make it harder for leaders to still run their gangs from within prison      

Another step to take to help remove the gang problem would be to destroy their source of income.  Most of a gangs income comes from drugs and there are a few possible solutions to the problem but none of them are good.  You could legalize drugs but for that to really be effective you would have to legalize a lot of dangerous drugs and even then the gangs would just deal in what hasn't been legalized.  Even then legalizing may not destroy the gangs income if the price of legal drugs is to high they would just sell what they already got for a cheaper price.  That isn't even counting the other risk legalizing drugs may also incur.  The next option would be to stop the drug trafficking.  There are three main areas that the drug trafficking can be stopped, the production in South America, the transport in Central America, and the selling in North America.  Stopping the selling in North America has already been proven ineffective, and the other two would involve unless permitted by the nation in questions government a violation of their sovereignty and even then it would be fighting the cartels so it would be a bloody fight.  

Lastly I would create a special police force to deal with the gangs.  They would be trained and equipped similar to SWAT and would go into areas where gang activity is high and arrest or eliminate the gangs.  To avoid locals sympathizing with the local gangs they would be constantly rotated around the nation to different gang hot spots and anyone recruited from one of these gang hot spots would not be sent into that particular area.  

I know this is rather long and I am a bit tired so I ain't sure if any of this will make any sense anyway.

#42    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 17,783 posts

• I count him braver who overcomes his desires than him who conquers his enemies for the hardest victory is over SELF.
    Aristotle

Posted 14 March 2013 - 08:53 AM

View Postninjadude, on 14 March 2013 - 02:36 AM, said:

it's part of his Zionist apocalyptic worldview.
No, Dude, it's part of my "fed up with murdering thugs and want to return the favor" worldview.  The Zionist worldview is the over arching view.  I think my views are as valid as the " lets let government be our mommy and daddy from cradle to grave"  outlook some here have.... :w00t:

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...
“This is like playing poker with a guy who cheated you twice before. You know who does that, a moron.

#43    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 14 March 2013 - 09:14 AM

NO

#44    preacherman76

preacherman76

Ntwadumela- He who greets with fire

• 12,665 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 01:54 PM

View Postaztek, on 12 March 2013 - 11:20 PM, said:

oh , and also keeping them in jails would help too, but with money they got, they get very good lawyers and get out, they play the system, and they have their ppl on inside as well.

BS. We are the most imprisoned nation on the planet. Solving this is simple. Get out of unfair trade agreements and make the global market competative again, where we can compete in manufactoring. People in places like Chicago just have no way to earn a realistic living. For many there, getting out of poverty isnt a option without joining a gang.

Some things are true, even if you dont believe them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users