Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Best ufo fake ever?

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1    Stephan1339

Stephan1339

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 05:58 PM

It's good to see some know it alls eating their words. Both the ones who though it was real, and the ones who thought it was a cgi ufo composited into real footage. Some even gave "evidence" for this, claiming part of the power line disappears as the UFO goes behind it, proving that an error was made making an animated masked overlay to allow the ufo to appear to go behind the lines. Well, no such error was made, as no such procedure was necessary.
And I don't think this is the best fake ever. Niot by a long way. the cgi is ok, but these artists get so wrapped up in that that they are happy to add the most unconvincing audio track imaginable. Get some damned actors in. Or, better yet, fool some real people with a physical ufo fake, and use that audio on the CGI fake.

#2    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 11,964 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 06:13 PM

I have no response to this.

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated." - Hunt for the Skinwalker

"The ultimate irony of the Disclosure movement is that it deeply distrusts officialdom, while simultaneously looking to officialdom for the truth." - Robbie Graham Silver Screen Saucers

#3    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 19,031 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 08:42 PM

Yeah ! Yeah ! Just another GOVERNMENT plug to make us all think that E.T. is just another Movie by Speilburg or Lucas Flims !
We all know that E.T``s keep the heck away from this world! They would catch our bugs and Die on the spot !
:tu: :alien: :no:

This is a Work in Progress!

#4    Sundew

Sundew

Poltergeist

• 2,508 posts

• Sic Gorgiamus Allos Subjectos Nunc

Posted 12 March 2013 - 11:23 PM

All I can say is: don't believe everything you see on the internet.

It does make it very problematic to tell CGI from reality, at least to the untrained viewer, and it will only get more difficult as the technology improves.

#5    scowl

scowl

Government Agent

• Closed
  • 4,111 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 11:35 PM

View PostSundew, on 12 March 2013 - 11:23 PM, said:

It does make it very problematic to tell CGI from reality, at least to the untrained viewer, and it will only get more difficult as the technology improves.

The CGI doesn't have to be all that good to fool a lot of people. Even when experts find flaws in the CGI, most people don't listen to them.

The stories and witnesses are what's important. The Californian Drones were a great example. Every report was anonymous, Every story was fishy. There were flaws in the CGI but few people cared. After it was proved that the photos were not taken in the reported locations, there were few people who didn't believe it was a hoax.

#6    ciriuslea

ciriuslea

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 490 posts

• CHAMP20NS

Posted 12 March 2013 - 11:41 PM

View Postscowl, on 12 March 2013 - 11:35 PM, said:

The CGI doesn't have to be all that good to fool a lot of people. Even when experts find flaws in the CGI, most people don't listen to them.

The stories and witnesses are what's important. The Californian Drones were a great example. Every report was anonymous, Every story was fishy. There were flaws in the CGI but few people cared. After it was proved that the photos were not taken in the reported locations, there were few people who didn't believe it was a hoax.

Yeah I would assume the best hoax would be the one that fools the most people, and quality of the hoax doesn't have to be brilliant like you say, personally something so good as cgi can be I would be more suspicious of

#7    Zeta Reticulum

Zeta Reticulum

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 11:42 PM

View PostSweetpumper, on 12 March 2013 - 06:13 PM, said:

I have no response to this.
But you responded

#8    scowl

scowl

Government Agent

• Closed
  • 4,111 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 11:47 PM

View Postciriuslea, on 12 March 2013 - 11:41 PM, said:

Yeah I would assume the best hoax would be the one that fools the most people, and quality of the hoax doesn't have to be brilliant like you say, personally something so good as cgi can be I would be more suspicious of

You gotta beat Ed Walters! That guy was able to sell some fuzzy double-exposed Polaroids of a model as the greatest UFO photos ever. I don't think any anonymous hoax will do that.

#9    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 19,031 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 12:17 AM

We all Love little Fuzzy Aliens ! :tu:

This is a Work in Progress!

#10    SwampgasBalloonBoy

SwampgasBalloonBoy

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 04:59 AM

View PostStephan1339, on 12 March 2013 - 05:58 PM, said:

... Get some damned actors in...

That was Keanu Reeves, man. He is a damn good actor. Didn't you hear all the "whoa"?

#11    DKO

DKO

Ω is Futile.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,837 posts

• When you hear hoofbeats behind you, don't expect to see a zebra - Unless you're in Africa...

Posted 13 March 2013 - 05:06 AM

It's definitely a good CGI video, but I doubt something that obvious would trick anyone. Best UFO hoax ever? Nah not even close.

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe it. - Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Confucius Says:

Man who runs behind car gets exhausted.

Man who wants pretty nurse must be patient.

#12    psyche101

psyche101

The Customer.

• 38,346 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 13 March 2013 - 07:58 AM

View PostStephan1339, on 12 March 2013 - 05:58 PM, said:

And I don't think this is the best fake ever. Niot by a long way. the cgi is ok, but these artists get so wrapped up in that that they are happy to add the most unconvincing audio track imaginable. Get some damned actors in. Or, better yet, fool some real people with a physical ufo fake, and use that audio on the CGI fake.

Maybe not as impressive, and no cgi, but had a lot of people going for a long time was the Belgian triangle fake. That one would have to be in the top ten wouldn't it?

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#13    DingoLingo

DingoLingo

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,507 posts

• Thought of the day

'Never slam dance while priming plastic explosives'

D.R Dodds

Posted 13 March 2013 - 10:49 AM

View PostDKO, on 13 March 2013 - 05:06 AM, said:

It's definitely a good CGI video, but I doubt something that obvious would trick anyone. Best UFO hoax ever? Nah not even close.

best hoax I think with computer effects would have to be the faking hoaxer's apollo missions to mars ..

that had so many people going.. especially when someone took his opening screen off of it and posted it up..

he even got a lot of abusive messages from people saying he was lying that he created it..  was a government stooge to cover up the event.. etc..

#14    CakeOrDeath

CakeOrDeath

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 356 posts

• The Proof is in the "peeas nuhhh burder"

Posted 13 March 2013 - 03:55 PM

I think Skinny Bob was the best hoax ever.  I know it was fake and it's been hashed out adnauseum here, but it was pretty neat and took us some time to pic apart.

What time is it? "peeas nuh burder" and Jelly time!

#15    scowl

scowl

Government Agent

• Closed
  • 4,111 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 06:49 PM

View Postpsyche101, on 13 March 2013 - 07:58 AM, said:

Maybe not as impressive, and no cgi, but had a lot of people going for a long time was the Belgian triangle fake. That one would have to be in the top ten wouldn't it?

It was clever of them to model a fake to match a recently reported UFO.

The California Drone hoaxers should have made some fake reports of their UFO before posting photos. It was too strange that every single report just happened to have a photo of it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users