Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Shape-Shifting Jesus in Ancient Egyptian Text

jesus shape-shifting coptic language text ancient

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#31    Paranoid Android

Paranoid Android

????????

• 24,610 posts

• Paranoid Android... No power in the verse can stop me...

Posted 16 March 2013 - 03:25 AM

View PostMetal Head, on 15 March 2013 - 04:20 PM, said:

"Paul (whose original name was Saul) did indeed meet Jesus on the Damascus road (see text below)." Really? You were there? The whole Jesus myth is nothing but a made up story by the church. I haven't seen any convincing evidence of a factual existence, it's all stories made up hundred of years after he supposedly died. Numerous historians were alive when he supposedly existed yet 0 wrote about him, because...he didn't exist.
If Jesus existed, he would have ranked only as a small-town upstart, the fact that historians wrote about him at all, even after his death, is a "happy accident" resulting from the explosion of writing in the 1st Century AD.

One lucky outcome of this flurry of literary output  is that a small town Jewish teacher, named Yeshua, Anglicised as Jesus, happened to rate a mention in several of the writings of the period.  This is not as predictable as you might imagine.  Although today we recognise Jesus as the founder of the world's largest religion, back in the first century he was hardly known outside the tiny strip of Roman ruled land called Palestine.  It is a happy accident of history that Jesus rated a mention outside the texts of the New Testament.

~ Source, for further reading

Posted Image

My blog is now taking a new direction.  Dedicated to my father who was a great inspiration in my life, I wish to honour his memory (RIP, dad) by sharing with the world what he had always kept to himself.  More details, http://www.unexplain...showentry=27811

#32    regeneratia

regeneratia

Government Agent

• 3,748 posts
  • Location:All my posts are my own views, my own perceptions. Will not be finding links for why I think the way I do.

• It is time to put the big guns down now, Little Boys!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 02:33 AM

Wow!

There is still the theory that someone else gave his life on the cross so that Jesus could live.

So this adds nuance to the story. As for me, I am not sure Jesus died on the cross. I am not sure Jesus was on the cross at all. I am not even sure Jesus was one person or a combination of three or more people. You know the roman catholics lied to their subjects time and time again. Why not about this?

I get the cannibleistic nature of the sacriments. The practice was age old by the time of Jesus, where tribes would trap a totum animal. The entire community would confess their sins to that animal. The animal would then be slaughtered, taking the community sins to be purged. Then the animal would go on to protect the tribe for an alotted time.

Edited by regeneratia, 20 March 2013 - 02:37 AM.

#33    No-thingBornPassion

No-thingBornPassion

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,184 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 11:04 PM

View PostStill Waters, on 12 March 2013 - 08:28 PM, said:

A newly deciphered Egyptian text, dating back almost 1,200 years, tells part of the crucifixion story of Jesus with apocryphal plot twists, some of which have never been seen before.

http://www.livescien...cient-text.html
Hi Still Waters,

"The reason for Judas using a kiss..."

There may be a grain of truth to Jesus' shape-shifting or changing of appearance. Have you ever experienced or attended a "darshan"? According to Wiki:
"Darshan is ultimately difficult to define since it is an event in consciousness—an interaction in presence between devotee and guru; or between devotee and image or sculpture, which focuses and calls out the consciousness of the devotee. In either event, a heightening of consciousness or spirituality is the intended effect." Many say that the image of the guru or teacher (in front of them) changes during this heightened state of consciousness.

Peace.

"Do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement -- even the very wise cannot see all ends." GANDALF

#34    Heroic Bishop

Heroic Bishop

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 126 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 10:00 PM

I'm sorry but as others have pointed out, key phrase; "The discovery of the text doesn't mean these events happened, but rather that some people living at the time appear to have believed in them..."

Oh so it is only THAT part of the story of Jesus that may not be true.....come on please.

Posted Image

"Yea though I walk through the Valley of Death... I shall fear no evil. For I am at 80,000 feet and climbing." - Psalm of the SR-71

#35    SpiritWriter

SpiritWriter

• 3,293 posts

• The greatest story ever told is Your story.

Posted 31 March 2013 - 02:53 AM

View PostWearer of Hats, on 12 March 2013 - 08:40 PM, said:

Well that could mean that all those depicitions of a white Jesus aren't as incorrect as they seem!

We ALL know that!

This is said in a joking and fun tone of voice. :)

The letter kills but The Spirit gives life. 2 Corinthians 3:6

Non-ambiguity and non-contradiction are one sided and thus unsuited to express the incomprehensible. -Jung

#36    SpiritWriter

SpiritWriter

• 3,293 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 03:03 AM

This is awesome... I always wondered why the guards needed Judas to identify Jesus when they arrested him, if this is true that part would make sence. This is really cool, especially if its true. :) people will probably think im gullible and crazy for saying that, but oh well believing in Jesus at all would probably make me that, might as well go for the full maximum.. shape shifting?... sweet!

Non-ambiguity and non-contradiction are one sided and thus unsuited to express the incomprehensible. -Jung

#37    SpiritWriter

SpiritWriter

• 3,293 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 03:05 AM

View Postbraveone2u, on 21 March 2013 - 11:04 PM, said:

Hi Still Waters,

"The reason for Judas using a kiss..."

There may be a grain of truth to Jesus' shape-shifting or changing of appearance. Have you ever experienced or attended a "darshan"? According to Wiki:
"Darshan is ultimately difficult to define since it is an event in consciousness—an interaction in presence between devotee and guru; or between devotee and image or sculpture, which focuses and calls out the consciousness of the devotee. In either event, a heightening of consciousness or spirituality is the intended effect." Many say that the image of the guru or teacher (in front of them) changes during this heightened state of consciousness.

Peace.

I heard of this too.

#38    SpiritWriter

SpiritWriter

• 3,293 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 03:15 AM

View Postregeneratia, on 20 March 2013 - 02:33 AM, said:

Wow!

There is still the theory that someone else gave his life on the cross so that Jesus could live.

So this adds nuance to the story. As for me, I am not sure Jesus died on the cross. I am not sure Jesus was on the cross at all. I am not even sure Jesus was one person or a combination of three or more people. You know the roman catholics lied to their subjects time and time again. Why not about this?

I get the cannibleistic nature of the sacriments. The practice was age old by the time of Jesus, where tribes would trap a totum animal. The entire community would confess their sins to that animal. The animal would then be slaughtered, taking the community sins to be purged. Then the animal would go on to protect the tribe for an alotted time.

Jesus takes the place for this needing to happen, his sacrifice is meant to be once and for all and for all mankind. No matter if you see it as possible or believe that it truly happened to this one man who was sent by god, his son, or god incarnate or the "lamb", the ultimate unblemished sacrifice... the point is that we are all cleared of our debts, that he took our place in death and that we can stand cleansed before and in relation to God... people do get caught up in the actualities and politics of religion. The point is that there is nothing between us and God, not even our own sins, but we do have to identify that relationship if we wish to partake of it.

#39    No-thingBornPassion

No-thingBornPassion

Psychic Spy

• 1,184 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 09:42 AM

View PostSpiritWriter, on 31 March 2013 - 03:05 AM, said:

I heard of this too.
Hi SpiritWriter,

With the "heightened state of consciousness" in mind, if Judas merely described Jesus' face, it would not have worked since Judas only knew the "heightened state" appearance of Jesus Christ. (Think of what the soldiers would have done to Judas for giving them wrong description.) Judas was, after all, one of the select 12, and that means a lot in the spiritual world and it includes special (otherworldly) benefits, if you will.

With the help of Satan, Judas perhaps acquired the cleverness to use the Judas Kiss to do the trick (this is just my theory). We all know what Satan did in the Garden of Eden, don't we? Without Satan in the mix, the crucifixion would not have happened because no doubt, Judas (the apostle) was too caught up in Jesus' "unconditional love" presence. "Too much heaven on their minds..."

Jesus' "unconditional love" presence is too strong for a mere human consciousness to break... It's more than hypnotic, mystifying, I'm sure. Plus, we're talking about the Christ, Himself. One would definitely need an outside influence to do that, and a Prince at that. Garden of Eden versus crucifixion -- talk about echoing.

"The evening meal was in progress, and the devil had already prompted Judas, the son of Simon Iscariot, to betray Jesus."  John 13:2

"Then entered Satan into Judas surnamed Iscariot, being of the number of the twelve."  Luke 22:3

"And after the sop Satan entered into him. Then said Jesus to him, That you do, do quickly."  John 13:27

Peace.

Edited by braveone2u, 03 April 2013 - 09:56 AM.

"Do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement -- even the very wise cannot see all ends." GANDALF

#40    No-thingBornPassion

No-thingBornPassion

Psychic Spy

• 1,184 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 10:07 AM

Christianity is, after all, a "spiritual" religion, of the spirit. It prepares one to deal with "life" after the flesh turns to dust.

Edited by braveone2u, 03 April 2013 - 10:08 AM.

#41    SpiritWriter

SpiritWriter

• 3,293 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 03:59 PM

View Postbraveone2u, on 03 April 2013 - 10:07 AM, said:

Christianity is, after all, a "spiritual" religion, of the spirit. It prepares one to deal with "life" after the flesh turns to dust.

Very spiritual...

#42    regeneratia

regeneratia

Government Agent

• 3,748 posts
  • Location:All my posts are my own views, my own perceptions. Will not be finding links for why I think the way I do.

Posted 03 April 2013 - 07:41 PM

View PostSpiritWriter, on 31 March 2013 - 03:15 AM, said:

Jesus takes the place for this needing to happen, his sacrifice is meant to be once and for all and for all mankind. No matter if you see it as possible or believe that it truly happened to this one man who was sent by god, his son, or god incarnate or the "lamb", the ultimate unblemished sacrifice... the point is that we are all cleared of our debts, that he took our place in death and that we can stand cleansed before and in relation to God... people do get caught up in the actualities and politics of religion. The point is that there is nothing between us and God, not even our own sins, but we do have to identify that relationship if we wish to partake of it.

However the issue of turning your problems over to gawd and/or Jesus is that there is a physicological and emotional, maybe even spiritual, response to just letting go thinking and worrying about a situation. The Sedona Method is built upon this very premise. So religious does have some redeemable qualities, only if it is NOT used to control a population.

Truth is such a rare quality, a stranger so seldom met in this civilization of fraud, that it is never received freely, but must fight its way into the world
Professor Hilton Hotema
(quote from THE BIBLE FRAUD)

Robert Heinlein: SECRECY IS THE HALLMARK OF TYRANNY!

#43    SpiritWriter

SpiritWriter

• 3,293 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 09:39 PM

View Postregeneratia, on 03 April 2013 - 07:41 PM, said:

However the issue of turning your problems over to gawd and/or Jesus is that there is a physicological and emotional, maybe even spiritual, response to just letting go thinking and worrying about a situation. The Sedona Method is built upon this very premise. So religious does have some redeemable qualities, only if it is NOT used to control a population.

I agree, I dont know what sedona is so thanks for keying me in to a little research topic. ;)

#44    regeneratia

regeneratia

Government Agent

• 3,748 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 11:19 PM

View PostSpiritWriter, on 03 April 2013 - 09:39 PM, said:

I agree, I dont know what sedona is so thanks for keying me in to a little research topic. ;)

I will get a link. However, I spent $200 for three essential questions:
Can you let this issue go?
Would you let this issue go?
And when would you, could you let this issue go?

It is ok if you want to hold on to the emotional impact of the issue. But if you are willing to let it go, there is such an emotional release that you will return to this technique over and over for the rest of your life, IMHO.
http://addon.100sear...e Sedona Method

If you are brave and willing to face whatever is that is lurking inside you, those three questions will remove the emotional intensity on just about every psychological issue you face.

Edited by regeneratia, 03 April 2013 - 11:21 PM.

Truth is such a rare quality, a stranger so seldom met in this civilization of fraud, that it is never received freely, but must fight its way into the world
Professor Hilton Hotema
(quote from THE BIBLE FRAUD)

Robert Heinlein: SECRECY IS THE HALLMARK OF TYRANNY!

#45    SpiritWriter

SpiritWriter

• 3,293 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 11:38 PM

View Postregeneratia, on 03 April 2013 - 11:19 PM, said:

I will get a link. However, I spent $200 for three essential questions:
Can you let this issue go?
Would you let this issue go?
And when would you, could you let this issue go?

It is ok if you want to hold on to the emotional impact of the issue. But if you are willing to let it go, there is such an emotional release that you will return to this technique over and over for the rest of your life, IMHO.
http://addon.100sear...e Sedona Method

If you are brave and willing to face whatever is that is lurking inside you, those three questions will remove the emotional intensity on just about every psychological issue you face.

Lol yeah when I looked it up it looked very "marketed"... thanks for sharing. It is important to let things go thats true.... I would have to disagree with you about this being the same as my previous comment about nothing being between us and God though. I understand the correlation of release and the psychological effect of it, but by removing God from it I think it makes it entirely different.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users