Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Shape-Shifting Jesus in Ancient Egyptian Text

jesus shape-shifting coptic language text ancient

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#46    regeneratia

regeneratia

Alien Abducter

• 4,499 posts
  • Location:All my posts are my own views, my own perceptions. Will not be finding links for why I think the way I do.

• It is time to put the big guns down now, Little Boys!

Posted 04 April 2013 - 01:19 AM

View PostSpiritWriter, on 03 April 2013 - 11:38 PM, said:

Lol yeah when I looked it up it looked very "marketed"... thanks for sharing. It is important to let things go thats true.... I would have to disagree with you about this being the same as my previous comment about nothing being between us and God though. I understand the correlation of release and the psychological effect of it, but by removing God from it I think it makes it entirely different.

And I agree with your statement about not needing a mediator to get to the Source, for we are all co-creators.

Truth is such a rare quality, a stranger so seldom met in this civilization of fraud, that it is never received freely, but must fight its way into the world
Professor Hilton Hotema
(quote from THE BIBLE FRAUD)

Robert Heinlein: SECRECY IS THE HALLMARK OF TYRANNY!

#47    JonK

JonK

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 96 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 06:25 PM

this shows how unconvincing texts can be that are outside of the Bible. some common examples are "the mythologies" (greek, roman, norse...)... they seem like they're written by two year olds. i mean Jesus, who was arrested on a tuesday, and who can shape-shift, had dinner with pilate and pilate offered his own son? if the rest of the story is anything like this, then i'm guessing the writer didn't have a clue about what the actual Scripture or other ancient text says on the matters at hand.

#48    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 8,862 posts

• "Legio nomen mihi est, quia multi sumus"

God has no religion ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Posted 08 April 2013 - 12:15 AM

View PostJonK, on 07 April 2013 - 06:25 PM, said:

this shows how unconvincing texts can be that are outside of the Bible. some common examples are "the mythologies" (greek, roman, norse...)... they seem like they're written by two year olds. i mean Jesus, who was arrested on a tuesday, and who can shape-shift, had dinner with pilate and pilate offered his own son? if the rest of the story is anything like this, then i'm guessing the writer didn't have a clue about what the actual Scripture or other ancient text says on the matters at hand.

the Bible itself is a 'collection' that is 'accepted' from sources outside itself ....

the missing gospels from the current lexicon paints a very different story though no less acceptable ...
The Gospel Of Thomas, Phillip, Peter, Mary Magdalene and Judas ...... and THe Sophia of Jesus
Nag Hammadi scrolls or the Gnostic Gospels reveals much ... if we're discussing history rather than 'faith'

~

third_eye ' s cavern ~ bring own beer

~

#49    AlienDan

AlienDan

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 02:08 AM

The David Ikers are gona love this...

#50    Paranoid Android

Paranoid Android

????????

• 26,874 posts

• Paranoid Android... Gorram it kid, let's frak this thing and go home! Make it so!

Posted 08 April 2013 - 11:02 AM

View Postthird_eye, on 08 April 2013 - 12:15 AM, said:

the Bible itself is a 'collection' that is 'accepted' from sources outside itself ....

the missing gospels from the current lexicon paints a very different story though no less acceptable ...
The Gospel Of Thomas, Phillip, Peter, Mary Magdalene and Judas ...... and THe Sophia of Jesus
Nag Hammadi scrolls or the Gnostic Gospels reveals much ... if we're discussing history rather than 'faith'
The so-called missing gospels are written far too late to be of value.  With the possible exception of the Gospel of Thomas (I say "possible" because not all historians agree with the 50AD dating - some argue it to be one of the latest written), the rest of them were written in the 2nd Century AD, and even possibly the 3rd Century AD (contrast this with Mark - 70AD, Matthew 80-90AD, Luke 80-100AD, and even the latest of the canonical gospels, John - 90-125 AD).  Add to this that the early church fathers were adamant that there were only four legitimate gospels, and it's obvious why the texts attributed to Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John were the only four included in the New Testament canon.

It's funny, a new group of Christians pop up in the second century (even third century in some cases), claim something totally different to what was accepted among Christians, and suddenly have a "gospel" that suspiciously confirms everything that this group believes, and it's no wonder they were routinely dismissed.  Remember that long before the gospels were written, the oral tradition of the gospels was being spread by teachers.  So when someone came out to say that there was suddenly a new gospel, people naturally wondered where this information came from.

Just a few thoughts :)

Edited by Paranoid Android, 08 April 2013 - 11:04 AM.

Posted Image

My blog is now taking a new direction.  Dedicated to my father who was a great inspiration in my life, I wish to honour his memory (RIP, dad) by sharing with the world what he had always kept to himself.  More details, http://www.unexplain...showentry=27811

#51    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 8,862 posts

• "Legio nomen mihi est, quia multi sumus"

God has no religion ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Posted 08 April 2013 - 11:12 AM

View PostParanoid Android, on 08 April 2013 - 11:02 AM, said:

The so-called missing gospels are written far too late to be of value.  With the possible exception of the Gospel of Thomas (I say "possible" because not all historians agree with the 50AD dating - some argue it to be one of the latest written), the rest of them were written in the 2nd Century AD, and even possibly the 3rd Century AD (contrast this with Mark - 70AD, Matthew 80-90AD, Luke 80-100AD, and even the latest of the canonical gospels, John - 90-125 AD).  Add to this that the early church fathers were adamant that there were only four legitimate gospels, and it's obvious why the texts attributed to Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John were the only four included in the New Testament canon.

It's funny, a new group of Christians pop up in the second century (even third century in some cases), claim something totally different to what was accepted among Christians, and suddenly have a "gospel" that suspiciously confirms everything that this group believes, and it's no wonder they were routinely dismissed.  Remember that long before the gospels were written, the oral tradition of the gospels was being spread by teachers.  So when someone came out to say that there was suddenly a new gospel, people naturally wondered where this information came from.

Just a few thoughts :)

I'm just interested on the aspects of history and cultural odds and ends of the period, I think there have been some dating adjustments to the scrolls both, Nag Hammadi and the Dead Sea stash, I'm not too interested with the bickering regarding the 'authenticity' of dates or theological opinions regarding translations even. Don't think I'll find a god in there or anywhere that will to show up. :lol:

I use a few of Elaine H. Pagels like -The Gnostic Paul_ Gnostic Exegesis of the Pauline Letters (1992), Elaine Pagels-Beyond Belief_ The Secret Gospel of Thomas-Random House (2003) and the_gnostic_gospels as a guide and references ...

Evelyn Underhill is a smashing read too ... :lol:

~

third_eye ' s cavern ~ bring own beer

~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users