Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Mother Arrested for reciting Constitution?

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#16    Uncle Sam

Uncle Sam

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,355 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 10:35 PM

It is the first amendment right there, she can say anything she wants in public. Arresting her is basically infringing upon the amendment. As much as I hate some people who say stupid **** and traitorous crap, I can't call the cops and have them arrested because our constitution protects their rights too. God I hate the political correct b******* these days.

A man's ethical behaviour should be based effectually on sympathy, education, and social ties and needs; no religious basis is necessary. Man would indeed be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear of punishment and hope of reward after death. - Albert Einstein

#17    Odin11

Odin11

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 872 posts

• I like your Christ.
    I do not like your Christians.
    They are so unlike your Christ.
    -Gandhi-

Posted 13 March 2013 - 10:51 PM

View Post-Mr_Fess-, on 13 March 2013 - 01:13 AM, said:

Ha, I figured that's exactly what you'd say.

You don't have any facts. You have the article I posted. Maybe she's crazy, maybe she's not. I agree with what Tuan said. You're making up a reality to suit your views.

To be completely fair, you don’t have any facts either. All you have is a very one-sided article. You’re doing the same thing that you are accusing him of doing. There are 3 sides to this story: hers, theirs, and the truth.

"If we believe absurdities, we shall commit atrocities." -Voltaire

Geology shows that fossils are of different ages. Paleontology shows a fossil sequence, the list of species represented changes through time. Taxonomy shows biological relationships among species. Evolution is the explanation that threads it all together. Creationism is the practice of squeezing one's eyes shut and wailing "Does not!" ~Author Unknown

#18    Odin11

Odin11

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 872 posts

• I like your Christ.
    I do not like your Christians.
    They are so unlike your Christ.
    -Gandhi-

Posted 13 March 2013 - 11:09 PM

View PostUncle Sam, on 13 March 2013 - 10:35 PM, said:

It is the first amendment right there, she can say anything she wants in public. Arresting her is basically infringing upon the amendment.

No she can't. You do not have the right to threaten anyone’s life. If she did threaten to get her gun then what happened to her is just what she deserves.

What seems more likely?

That an angry person  went there and calmly tried to fight an increase in her tax rates and that she was, for no reason what so ever, attacked both verbally and physically then arrested for no reason.
Or,
That an angry person said something that was a threat to the lives of the people there.

Edited by Odin11, 13 March 2013 - 11:09 PM.

"If we believe absurdities, we shall commit atrocities." -Voltaire

Geology shows that fossils are of different ages. Paleontology shows a fossil sequence, the list of species represented changes through time. Taxonomy shows biological relationships among species. Evolution is the explanation that threads it all together. Creationism is the practice of squeezing one's eyes shut and wailing "Does not!" ~Author Unknown

#19    minera

minera

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts

• There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,: Than are dreamed of in your philosophy. Act II, scene 2:.. Hamlet

Posted 13 March 2013 - 11:25 PM

View PostJeffertonturner, on 12 March 2013 - 09:22 PM, said:

Sounds like she should be more careful about what she says in public.
Heavens, one should not quote the archaic constitution in a facist country. I am surprised she was not sent to one of those internment camps they have all around the country. After all criticizing authority is a crime in many parts of the good old USA and dissent is considered a terrorist threat in the new world order they are trying to create.

#20    minera

minera

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts

• There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,: Than are dreamed of in your philosophy. Act II, scene 2:.. Hamlet

Posted 13 March 2013 - 11:27 PM

View PostOdin11, on 13 March 2013 - 11:09 PM, said:

No she can't. You do not have the right to threaten anyone’s life. If she did threaten to get her gun then what happened to her is just what she deserves.

What seems more likely?

That an angry person  went there and calmly tried to fight an increase in her tax rates and that she was, for no reason what so ever, attacked both verbally and physically then arrested for no reason.
Or,
That an angry person said something that was a threat to the lives of the people there.
Knowing how money hungry beurocrats are I would think it would be the first scenario.

#21    F3SS

F3SS

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,584 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 11:41 PM

View PostOdin11, on 13 March 2013 - 10:51 PM, said:

To be completely fair, you donít have any facts either. All you have is a very one-sided article. Youíre doing the same thing that you are accusing him of doing. There are 3 sides to this story: hers, theirs, and the truth.
I know and I said in the op 'if this is true' and I didn't pack up my bags yet and leave with my facts and reality. Maybe I'm a little biased against the gov but the details she provided about the story and about who she is seem to have some weight. To me at least. I wouldn't put it past any person to lie though.

Edited by -Mr_Fess-, 13 March 2013 - 11:41 PM.

Posted Image

#22    Myles

Myles

Alien Abducter

• 4,515 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 11:46 PM

I also have issues with how they set property taxes.   You can buy a house with property taxes at a certain amount. You own the house for 30 years and have done and paid for work to be done to it.  You may never plan to sell, but you are assessed what they tell you your house is worth.   Even though there may be chance in heck of you getting that much out of it.  

I think if the government charges you property taxes based of of their percieved value of your home, then they should be required to put up.  You charge me $$ because you think my house is worth $230,000. Sold!!! Sold to the government for $230,000.

Edited by Myles, 13 March 2013 - 11:47 PM.

#23    F3SS

F3SS

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,584 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 11:59 PM

Yea but they'd just buy up everything because people would sell like crazy. There's actually a lot that could go wrong.

Posted Image

#24    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 18,694 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 14 March 2013 - 12:07 AM

View Postninjadude, on 12 March 2013 - 11:44 PM, said:

They do have the right to assume value. That's how it's done pretty much everywhere. Maybe she shouldn't have purchased a house.

On the other hand, doubling value is pretty insane. That's why we have elections and courts. So that people in government can be replaced and actions changed. You'd have to hope that she actually votes. And files a civil suit.

Going off in a public hearing really didn't get her anywhere but possibly in jail.
Sounds like she should have just let the government officials evaluate her property. If she wants to maintain her privacy, she is welcome to it, but the government is going to err toward their side of the equation. What did she think was going to happen? That they would tax her LESS??

If you want to stand up to the government be prepared to take a beating for it.

I've heard of people that this happened to going to court with their own apprasal and winning easily, and having their taxes adjusted accordingly. The problem then is that it costs more for the lawyer and documents then it would to just pay the difference. And they are going to re-assess your property again next year anyway.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#25    Myles

Myles

Alien Abducter

• 4,515 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 12:23 AM

View Post-Mr_Fess-, on 13 March 2013 - 11:59 PM, said:

Yea but they'd just buy up everything because people would sell like crazy. There's actually a lot that could go wrong.
That's probably true.   But if the government taxes me because they think my house is worth more than I can sell it for, they should be liable for the difference in some way.   A study would be needed to make it work, but it's not the homeowner who did this.
The tax rate should only change if the homeowner changes.

#26    supervike

supervike

Alien Abducter

• 5,491 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 02:10 AM

The title of the thread is misleading, purposefully to get a reaction.

Another example of spinning a newsstory to fit an agenda.  It's sickening.

She was  arrested for the public nuisance and the threat.  Whether or not she is guilty of that is another story.

#27    supervike

supervike

Alien Abducter

• 5,491 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 02:13 AM

View PostMyles, on 13 March 2013 - 11:46 PM, said:

I also have issues with how they set property taxes.   You can buy a house with property taxes at a certain amount. You own the house for 30 years and have done and paid for work to be done to it.  You may never plan to sell, but you are assessed what they tell you your house is worth.   Even though there may be chance in heck of you getting that much out of it.  

I think if the government charges you property taxes based of of their percieved value of your home, then they should be required to put up.  You charge me $$ because you think my house is worth $230,000. Sold!!! Sold to the government for $230,000.

But, the thing you are failing to realize is that 'the government' is run by the tax payers.  If the system is unfair, we have it in our power to change it, we aren't helpless in this.

#28    F3SS

F3SS

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,584 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 02:25 AM

View Postsupervike, on 14 March 2013 - 02:10 AM, said:

The title of the thread is misleading, purposefully to get a reaction.

Another example of spinning a newsstory to fit an agenda.  It's sickening.

She was  arrested for the public nuisance and the threat.  Whether or not she is guilty of that is another story.
You're right and I meant to make note of it. It's what the source said and I wanted to change it but couldn't figure out another relevant sounding title. I like the blazes articles but their headlines are often sensational or misleading.

Posted Image

#29    supervike

supervike

Alien Abducter

• 5,491 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 02:33 AM

View Post-Mr_Fess-, on 14 March 2013 - 02:25 AM, said:

You're right and I meant to make note of it. It's what the source said and I wanted to change it but couldn't figure out another relevant sounding title. I like the blazes articles but their headlines are often sensational or misleading.

Oh sorry, I didn't mean that pointed at you.  I knew it came from the article.  That's how ALOT of media does it nowadays, not just The Blaze.

They tend to try and twist our opinions before we even read the thing.  And, unfortunately, it seems to work.

#30    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,971 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 14 March 2013 - 09:06 AM

View Postninjadude, on 12 March 2013 - 11:44 PM, said:

They do have the right to assume value. That's how it's done pretty much everywhere. Maybe she shouldn't have purchased a house.

On the other hand, doubling value is pretty insane. That's why we have elections and courts. So that people in government can be replaced and actions changed. You'd have to hope that she actually votes. And files a civil suit.

Going off in a public hearing really didn't get her anywhere but possibly in jail.
She obviously pushed the wrong button on the wrong (probably insecure little pencil pusher) clerk.  But in her defense, how do they justify doubling a rate when there is no growth in the economy and no evidence improvements were done to the property?  It looks like tyranny from a small minded bureaucrat to me.

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users