Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Mother Arrested for reciting Constitution?

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#31    Myles

Myles

Government Agent

• 4,216 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 11:17 AM

View Postsupervike, on 14 March 2013 - 02:13 AM, said:

But, the thing you are failing to realize is that 'the government' is run by the tax payers.  If the system is unfair, we have it in our power to change it, we aren't helpless in this.
That's true in theory.   Realistically, there isn't a politician who will take it on.   So we are somewhat helpless.

#32    lightly

lightly

metaphysical therapist

• 5,797 posts

• "The future ain't what it used to be"
    Yogi Berra

Posted 15 March 2013 - 12:38 AM

Most houses in this country have lost value  (what? 20-30%?)   thanks to the "housing bubble" bursting.   Our house (tax assessor) estimated value went down ... But..  the property taxes went up.      

. . .   We the people... in order to form a.. (On the floor dirtbag!!**!*)

Important:  The above may contain errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and other limitations.

#33    Tiggs

Tiggs

Relax. It's only me.

• 9,076 posts

• Universe Service Pack 2 still needs patching.

Posted 15 March 2013 - 12:53 AM

View Postand then, on 14 March 2013 - 09:06 AM, said:

But in her defense, how do they justify doubling a rate when there is no growth in the economy and no evidence improvements were done to the property?

Possibly because the last evaluation was made in 1988.

"What happens when an irresistible force meets an immovable object?" - Tiggs vs PA - Did Jesus Really exist? - The Formal Debate:
HERE
Posted Image

#34    ninjadude

ninjadude

Seeker of truths

• 10,989 posts

• "dirt collects at the interfaces"

Posted 15 March 2013 - 03:16 AM

She obviously pushed the wrong button on the wrong (probably insecure little pencil pusher) clerk.  But in her defense, how do they justify doubling a rate when there is no growth in the economy and no evidence improvements were done to the property?  It looks like tyranny from a small minded bureaucrat to me.

I would agree. Or even perhaps willful negligence letting automated processes determine it.

"Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now!""
- Friedrich Nietzsche

#35    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 17,741 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 15 March 2013 - 03:20 AM

She obviously pushed the wrong button on the wrong (probably insecure little pencil pusher) clerk.  But in her defense, how do they justify doubling a rate when there is no growth in the economy and no evidence improvements were done to the property?  It looks like tyranny from a small minded bureaucrat to me.

Looks like Tiggs nailed it. But, I was going to comment that all it takes is some California idiot to buy a super inflated house a block or two away and Everyones "assessed value" will skyrocket. Either that or something like a library, school or shopping area might have been put in nearby... those will raise property value also.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users