Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Police Raid House Sieze Cannon

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#16    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 13 March 2013 - 06:29 PM

I wonder why the ex cop was on parole

#17    Corp

Corp

Telekinetic

• 6,950 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 07:39 PM

View Posthatecraft, on 13 March 2013 - 05:00 PM, said:

Not too familiar with Canadian laws, but they can't even have black powder cannons?

I'm sure you can if you have the proper permits and such. After all we have plenty of re-enactment groups who use cannons. But given that this guy was hiding weapons in his walls I doubt he was paying much attention to following the law.

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things: the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth a war, is much worse...A man who has nothing which he is willing to fight for, nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

#18    F3SS

F3SS

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,227 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 07:42 PM

I dunno. Doomsday prepping is a is thing to those who take it seriously and hiding their stuff is a big part of keeping it safe from others. Then again he could've been up to something sinister.
Late Edit: sorry, I meant... Prepping is a big thing

Edited by -Mr_Fess-, 13 March 2013 - 08:37 PM.

Posted Image

#19    pallidin

pallidin

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,184 posts

• "When life gets you down... swim with a dolphin"

Posted 13 March 2013 - 08:20 PM

Wow. Quite an arsenal.   :cry:

#20    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

Is not a number!

• 9,718 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 09:32 PM

View PostEldorado, on 13 March 2013 - 03:57 PM, said:

Not even if you stay next door to Justin Beiber?
I think the law there is "as long as you keep them in your neighbour's lawn".

#21    Michelle

Michelle

Forum Divinity

• 14,544 posts

• Eleanor Roosevelt: Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

Posted 13 March 2013 - 09:40 PM

But, but, but...people in Canada don't have illegal guns.

Sorry guys, I've been told that too many times not to take a little dig. :innocent:

#22    Stellar

Stellar

Forum Divinity

• 14,806 posts

• The objective of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the other son of a b**** die for his!
    -Patton

Posted 13 March 2013 - 10:26 PM

View PostMichelle, on 13 March 2013 - 09:40 PM, said:

But, but, but...people in Canada don't have illegal guns.

Sorry guys, I've been told that too many times not to take a little dig. :innocent:

I dare you to quote one person who has said that :tu:

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent."

----Seraphina

#23    Michelle

Michelle

Forum Divinity

• 14,544 posts

• Eleanor Roosevelt: Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

Posted 14 March 2013 - 02:10 AM

View PostStellar, on 13 March 2013 - 10:26 PM, said:

I dare you to quote one person who has said that :tu:

http://www.unexplain...9

Sorry, glorybebe, but she made it sound like people have too much respect for the law in Canada to even have improperly stored weapons,  much less illegal ones. You once said that everyone in Canada keeps their guns under lock and key, which of course, :P  I had to nitpick about. Even if someone in Canada acquires illegal guns it isn't the fault of Canadians, because the guns came from the US. I'm not going to search through everything to back up the rest of my statements. :tu:

There are no absolutes and I really dislike generalizations. They tend to stick in my head, which can be really annoying.

Edited by Michelle, 14 March 2013 - 02:20 AM.

#24    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,249 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 14 March 2013 - 02:47 AM

Gosh,not America .Tut .obomba could have had a field day .

Miss me?

#25    Stellar

Stellar

Forum Divinity

• 14,806 posts

• The objective of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the other son of a b**** die for his!
    -Patton

Posted 14 March 2013 - 02:58 AM

View PostMichelle, on 14 March 2013 - 02:10 AM, said:

http://www.unexplain...9

Sorry, glorybebe, but she made it sound like people have too much respect for the law in Canada to even have improperly stored weapons,  much less illegal ones. You once said that everyone in Canada keeps their guns under lock and key, which of course, :P  I had to nitpick about. Even if someone in Canada acquires illegal guns it isn't the fault of Canadians, because the guns came from the US. I'm not going to search through everything to back up the rest of my statements. :tu:

There are no absolutes and I really dislike generalizations. They tend to stick in my head, which can be really annoying.

No where did glorybebe nor myself say that absolutely every single Canadian posesses only legal weapons, and lock them up properly. On a subject that's already full of exaggerations, I don't think its the best idea to introduce more.

----Seraphina

#26    F3SS

F3SS

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,227 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 03:01 AM

She's talking about the tone, or whatever you want to call it, of the post(s). You often pretend not to get simple things just so you can derail the conversation on minute technicalities.

Edited by -Mr_Fess-, 14 March 2013 - 03:01 AM.

Posted Image

#27    Thanato

Thanato

Government Agent

• 4,060 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 03:02 AM

Ya I'm with Stellar, I've even pointed out that there are Illegal firearms in Canada.

~Thanato

"Your toast has been burnt, and no amount of scrapping will remove the black parts!" ~Caboose

"I will eat your unhappyness!" ~Caboose

"Freedom isn't bought in stores, it is bought on battlefields." ~Thanato

#28    Michelle

Michelle

Forum Divinity

• 14,544 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 03:09 AM

View Post-Mr_Fess-, on 14 March 2013 - 03:01 AM, said:

She's talking about the tone,

Yes, thank you. That is why I said "it sounds like".

View PostThanato, on 14 March 2013 - 03:02 AM, said:

Ya I'm with Stellar, I've even pointed out that there are Illegal firearms in Canada.

~Thanato

You aren't one of the ones I was referring to.

Edited by Michelle, 14 March 2013 - 03:11 AM.

#29    F3SS

F3SS

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,227 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 03:11 AM

See, you guys are always on the other side of the fence and seem not to understand. The smallest things in America trigger foreigners opinions often with overtones that suggest their sh1t don't stink and ours does and if we'd be more like them our problems would be solved while rarely acknowledging the very same issues in their own back yards.

Posted Image

#30    Stellar

Stellar

Forum Divinity

• 14,806 posts

-Patton

Posted 14 March 2013 - 03:23 AM

View Post-Mr_Fess-, on 14 March 2013 - 03:11 AM, said:

See, you guys are always on the other side of the fence and seem not to understand. The smallest things in America trigger foreigners opinions often with overtones that suggest their sh1t don't stink and ours does and if we'd be more like them our problems would be solved while rarely acknowledging the very same issues in their own back yards.

I'm quite sure we do not have the "very same issues" in our country when it comes to the gun problem. Gun crime here is leaps and bounds rarer than across the border. Lets not pretend that the rest of the world is suffering from the same gun-related problem, and that the only difference between our problems and yours are media attention.

Do illegal guns in Canada exist? Yes. Does gun crime here exist? Yes. Is gun crime more rare here than in the US? Significantly.

----Seraphina

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users