Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

One question I keep asking myself.

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#1    TheLogic

TheLogic

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 113 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 01:27 PM

Why does evil exist?

Surely their must be some sort of end to evil, I hear on the news everyday about so much evil.
But what about kindness? Love? Happiness?
Do these things not exist?
Maybe I'm being optimistic but I believe that one day evil will just die out and there will only be good left.

Hopefully all things such as: Rape, Murder and Hatred will just die out.

The world would be a much better place rather than the putrid abyss that it is today.

#2    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 13,187 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 14 March 2013 - 01:31 PM

You can't do someone a good deed unless they need one.

#3    TheLogic

TheLogic

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 113 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 01:34 PM

But what about all the people that spend their time harassing passers by.
Why can't people spend that time helping people who need it?
Or even just something as simple as seeing someone cry and you ask them whats wrong instead of just walking on.

#4    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Forum Divinity

• 10,852 posts

• Potter: " is this real or is this in my mind?"

Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 14 March 2013 - 02:44 PM

View PostFrank Merton, on 14 March 2013 - 01:31 PM, said:

You can't do someone a good deed unless they need one.
Indeed there can be no heros with out strife, no compassion without suffering, and no light without contrast. I'm not sure I'd be willing to give up the concept of compassion and the recognition of achievement over "evil" for a flowery perfect world. This is the universe of realativity, without it's peaks and valleys there really is no purpose to existence at all. If everything and everyone were kind and nice, how on earth would we every recognize kindness, or even truely have an opertunity to practice it?

Edited by Seeker79, 14 March 2013 - 02:45 PM.

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#5    spayneuter

spayneuter

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 132 posts

• Live Long And Prosper.
    Please spay and neuter.

Posted 14 March 2013 - 05:02 PM

To me, evil is a symptom of brain disease.  What a mans dwells on, he becomes.

What a man dwells on, he becomes.

#6    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 13,187 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 14 March 2013 - 05:17 PM

View Postspayneuter, on 14 March 2013 - 05:02 PM, said:

To me, evil is a symptom of brain disease.  What a mans dwells on, he becomes.
That's a little like how I interpret karma (at least some aspects of karma).  Do evil and change yourself for the bad as it because easier to do more evil; do good and have the opposite effect.

#7    Heaven Is A Halfpipe

Heaven Is A Halfpipe

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts

• Hi. My name is Spike.

Posted 14 March 2013 - 08:48 PM

There has to be a balance, imo. There is no good without evil, no light without dark and vice versa. Nature is both chaos and order, both ugly and beautiful. :tu:

Edited by The Skater Boy, 14 March 2013 - 08:49 PM.

You can go the distance, you can run the mile and you can walk straight through HELL with a smile.

My UM Credentials: http://www.unexplain...5

#8    ascendant606

ascendant606

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 28 posts

• "Despite contrary belief, knowledge is not power. Rather, the application of knowledge to real world situations is power"

Posted 14 March 2013 - 09:04 PM

Well, in all reality there is no good or evil. Good and evil are just perspectives which we see the world through. Think about it, any action you say is bad could be said to be good from a different perspective, even if it was rape or murder. I am not justifying theses actions, but rather stating a fact. Since one person's ideas on what is good can be seen as evil too another, so we will never achieve perfect haromony or balance because they are one and the same thing.

“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

#9    Heaven Is A Halfpipe

Heaven Is A Halfpipe

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts

• Hi. My name is Spike.

Posted 14 March 2013 - 09:15 PM

View Postascendant606, on 14 March 2013 - 09:04 PM, said:

Well, in all reality there is no good or evil. Good and evil are just perspectives which we see the world through. Think about it, any action you say is bad could be said to be good from a different perspective, even if it was rape or murder. I am not justifying theses actions, but rather stating a fact. Since one person's ideas on what is good can be seen as evil too another, so we will never achieve perfect haromony or balance because they are one and the same thing.

Your point about good and evil is right but the same could be said for what is ugly or beautiful, one thing might make someone happy but make somebody else sad.

You can go the distance, you can run the mile and you can walk straight through HELL with a smile.

My UM Credentials: http://www.unexplain...5

#10    The Id3al Experience

The Id3al Experience

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts

• Before enlightenment peel the potatoes, after enlightenment, peel the potatoes.

Posted 15 March 2013 - 03:48 AM

View Postascendant606, on 14 March 2013 - 09:04 PM, said:

Love this quote.

"Censure yourself, Never another. Do not disucss right or wrong, though right were considered wrong for generations. Since the value of rightousness my be recognized after centuries"

Posted Image

#11    Jinxdom

Jinxdom

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

• Education...has produced a vast population able to read but unable to distinguish what is worth reading.
    -- G.M. Trevelyan

Posted 15 March 2013 - 04:39 AM

Why does evil exist?

Simple because people do not understand how consent works......

#12    The Silver Thong

The Silver Thong

Forum Divinity

• 30,140 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 05:00 AM

View PostJinxdom, on 15 March 2013 - 04:39 AM, said:

Why does evil exist?

Simple because people do not understand how consent works......

your evil may be different than my evil. What god dictates evil and how do you interprete an evil.  I say this because of your religious overtones and your belief in a certin god.

My god aka me see`s pedofile as a life sentence if not more others gods see havining a 9 year old wife as ok. Who the f can speak for god and all those that say thay can are coocoo birds and should be in an institution.

Evil exists in the name of god.

Edited by The Silver Thong, 15 March 2013 - 05:04 AM.

Sittin back drinkin beer watchin the world take it's course.

The only thing god can't do is prove he exists ?

#13    Jinxdom

Jinxdom

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

• Education...has produced a vast population able to read but unable to distinguish what is worth reading.
    -- G.M. Trevelyan

Posted 15 March 2013 - 05:32 AM

Hence why I used the word consent. If two people agree to something it's usually ok. I also believe that only adults can consent to things(Basically the general laws of consent in current laws regarding it, kids can't, the intoxicated can't). It's basically the cover all of what makes any action good and which action is evil.

And the how it works... when I mean works, I mean understanding and putting it in to practice that consent is broken.

Which means your scenario wouldn't happen because of what I meant. Of course two people being idiots kicking each other in the nuts could still happen but hey is that really evil if they both agree to it :P

#14    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 13,187 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 15 March 2013 - 05:57 AM

A lot of evil is done by people trying to do good.

#15    TheLogic

TheLogic

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 113 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 09:29 AM

I agree without chaos, order could not exist.

But sometimes I just wish that order could exist without chaos.

My reason being: I wouldn't want anyone I love to be murdered, raped etc and I'm sure no one else would either.
I don't wish that upon anyone, but lately it seems to be happening more frequently.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users