Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

One question I keep asking myself.

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#61    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Forum Divinity

• 12,125 posts

• Potter: " is this real or is this in my mind?"

Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 24 September 2013 - 07:28 PM

View PostFrank Merton, on 04 August 2013 - 05:22 PM, said:

This is as "Marxist-taken-to-irrational-extreme" as it gets.  I think Pol Pot showed us what is wrong with this kind of thinking.  Modern Communist societies recognize that people evolved into what they are and changing the social environment won't change the people and how they evolved.  The idea now is to understand all this and to create things that take advantage of the way people are, even their less desirable characteristics.
Indeed.... This is what capitalist theory has attempted to do. People are what they are. Lets try to maximize the benefits from their behavior and minimize the damage. What other options do we have? Before someone goes on an anti capitalist rant, in nearly all cases the theory is grossly not applied properly.

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#62    SpiritWriter

SpiritWriter

• 3,954 posts

• Sorry for the incoherent poetry.

Posted 24 September 2013 - 07:55 PM

Maybe one day the world as we know it will only exist in fairy tells and the horrors which are so real will be the descriptions of hell that people will refuse to believe in.

The letter kills but The Spirit gives life. 2 Corinthians 3:6

Non-ambiguity and non-contradiction are one sided and thus unsuited to express the incomprehensible. -Jung

#63    111spirit

111spirit

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 02:29 AM

This universe and all it contains is illusion ...there is never any harm only interaction/experience for our real self/soul/spirit

#64    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 08:05 PM

View PostJinxdom, on 15 March 2013 - 04:39 AM, said:

Why does evil exist?

Simple because people do not understand how consent works......

Please...what are you talking about? Got your self together.

JFK: "And we are as a people, inherently and historically, opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths, and to secret proceedings.
For we are opposed around the world by a monolithic and ruthless conspiracy..."

#65    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

“What’s wrong with accepting madness?

• 2,521 posts

• The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 12 October 2013 - 08:55 PM

Havent we come at this Evil thing on several different threads its getting old <_< <_<

COME WITH ME. OVERWHELMING POWER AND MADNESS AWAIT

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

#66    mayonnaise

mayonnaise

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 39 posts

• "An unexamined life is not worth living."
    ~socrates

Posted 16 October 2013 - 04:11 AM

there cant be good without evil. without contrast, you cant fully understand good. imagine a magnet with one pole.

#67    Jinxdom

Jinxdom

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

• Education...has produced a vast population able to read but unable to distinguish what is worth reading.
    -- G.M. Trevelyan

Posted 16 October 2013 - 09:23 AM

View PostBig Bad Voodoo, on 12 October 2013 - 08:05 PM, said:

Please...what are you talking about? Got your self together.

Consent - the permission to do something. It doesn't matter what you do as an action to somebody else; Give somebody food, punch in the face, save their life, if they do not give you permission, the action is evil.
It's the most practical way to figure out what is actually evil. Consent is something you have to keep in mind even before the Golden Rule. When in doubt simply ask. If they say no, do not do it.
There would be exceptions like with children who do not know enough about the world yet or people who are unable to give proper consent for any possible reason be it drugs, illness, etc.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users