Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Is history wrong about the Wright Brothers?

wright brothers manned flight

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1    Ohelemapit

Ohelemapit

My freestyle rapping career didn't work out, so I came back

• 6,293 posts

• The illegitimate love-child of Strategy and Creativity. Sex God, Entrepreneur, Super Hero, Rapper, Table Dancer.

Posted 14 March 2013 - 04:00 PM

A growing number of aviation experts say history is wrong about the Wright Brothers - their 1903 flight at Kitty Hawk, North Carolina was not the first.

This new movement claims the first manned flight of an airplane was made by German immigrant Gustave Whitehead more than two years earlier in Connecticut.

However, the only known photograph of the takeoff of his plane the Condor is too blurry to definitively confirm the flight and the original was lost decades ago - forcing historians to rely on a version that is even less clear.

Read more

Posted Image

#2    Ealdwita

Ealdwita

Hwt oredmcg

• 5,275 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 04:11 PM

Teacher: "Who made the first transatlantic flight?"
Jimmy: "Sammy Davis Jnr, sir".
Teacher: "Stupid boy, you know very well that it was Alcock and Brown!"
Jimmy: "That's what I said sir - Sammy Davis Jnr!"

"Gæð a wyrd swa hio scel, ac gecnáwan þín gefá!": "Fate goes ever as she shall, but know thine enemy!".
I can teach you with a quip, if I've a mind; I can trick you into learning with a laugh; Oh, winnow all my folly and you'll find, A grain or two of truth among the chaff!
(The Yeoman of the Guard ~ Gilbert and Sullivan)

#3    Child of Bast

Child of Bast

Queen of the UM Asylum

• 6,149 posts

• The Mad Hatter: "Have I gone mad?"
    Alice: "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers.But I'll tell you a secret: all the best people are."

Posted 14 March 2013 - 05:22 PM

Everyone knows it's always down to proof. Who can offer proof of their accomplishment the fastest. You snooze, you lose.

No great mind has ever existed without a touch of madness. ~ Aristotle

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users