Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Deliver Us From Jack Chick, Texe Marrs, and

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1    ambelamba

ambelamba

Just an average guy who tries to be...NORMAL!!!!

• 3,399 posts

• It's good to be mildly skeptical to remain sane. But too much of it will make you a douche.

Posted 14 March 2013 - 09:03 PM

These are the three b******* who scarred my childhood and teen years. Yeah, I was such a naive sucker.

They came with a Bible and their religion. stole our land, crushed our spirit, and now they tell us we should be thankful to the Lord for being saved.

-Chief Pontiac (1718-1769)

#2    Paranoid Android

Paranoid Android

????????

• 26,706 posts

• Paranoid Android... Gorram it kid, let's frak this thing and go home! Make it so!

Posted 15 March 2013 - 06:11 AM

Never heard of Texe Marrs or Bob Larson, but if they are anything like Jack Chick then I'd be happy to throw them in the heap.  Jack Chick is a hate-spewing cow of an individual, I can't believe people buy into his tracts.

Posted Image

My blog is now taking a new direction.  Dedicated to my father who was a great inspiration in my life, I wish to honour his memory (RIP, dad) by sharing with the world what he had always kept to himself.  More details, http://www.unexplain...showentry=27811

#3    Jessica Christ

Jessica Christ

jeanne d'arc, je te suivrai

• 3,611 posts

• It seems so important now but you will get over.

Posted 26 March 2013 - 06:01 PM

Chick comics scared me too and I believed it every bit lol

#4    ShadowSot

ShadowSot

Stinky Cheese

• 6,874 posts

• Oops.

Posted 26 March 2013 - 11:23 PM

Me and some friends spend a little time correcting them and  handing the ones on evolution and science and then handing them back to the people passing them out.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.
-Terry Pratchett

#5    ambelamba

ambelamba

Just an average guy who tries to be...NORMAL!!!!

• 3,399 posts

• It's good to be mildly skeptical to remain sane. But too much of it will make you a douche.

Posted 28 March 2013 - 01:33 AM

ShadowSot, on 26 March 2013 - 11:23 PM, said:

Me and some friends spend a little time correcting them and  handing the ones on evolution and science and then handing them back to the people passing them out.

Seriously, didn't you get beaten up? :(

They came with a Bible and their religion. stole our land, crushed our spirit, and now they tell us we should be thankful to the Lord for being saved.

-Chief Pontiac (1718-1769)

#6    ShadowSot

ShadowSot

Stinky Cheese

• 6,874 posts

• Oops.

Posted 28 March 2013 - 07:13 PM

Well see I'm physically imposing. :D

Actually, most of these people are fairly nice. I don't think they even realize how vile much of the stuff they hand out is, or how faulty the logic and evidence is.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.
-Terry Pratchett

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users