Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Ladies? Input?

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#16    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 17,192 posts

• I love chocolate

Posted 15 March 2013 - 04:52 PM

View Postealdwita, on 15 March 2013 - 04:42 PM, said:

.....and probably the most desperate!!!!
LOL!  I disagree.  The most desperate are the ones who try the hardest to attract a man.  Can't leave the house without makeup, always going out to clubs, dating sites.....desperate.

#17    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 11,964 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 05:51 PM

Gets a lot of attention:

Posted Image

Does not get a lot of attention:

Posted Image

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated." - Hunt for the Skinwalker

"The ultimate irony of the Disclosure movement is that it deeply distrusts officialdom, while simultaneously looking to officialdom for the truth." - Robbie Graham Silver Screen Saucers

#18    Jinxdom

Jinxdom

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

• Education...has produced a vast population able to read but unable to distinguish what is worth reading.
    -- G.M. Trevelyan

Posted 17 March 2013 - 11:11 AM

If your body language is anything like how you've been writing in this topic plus your looks, I'd approach, to talk. Looks then body language, then from there I look for all the finer details. Like how their brain works. Not just humor, smarts and honesty, but things like curiosity and a playful cleverness. Looks draw me in and personality and smarts are what keep me hooked.

For women I ask out generally in a month....... It's low maybe 1(At most 5 or 6, and that's only after a bad string of really horrid dates), but considering I only ask out women who give me their number first(There are exceptions but it's rare, I just find it more fun that way). Always worked well for me and is working even better as I get older. Then again I'm a natural flirt(I don't consider what I do flirting but the monkey that's looking over my shoulder is telling me otherwise).

#19    little_dreamer

little_dreamer

Government Agent

• 3,412 posts

• We did not understand it all, but somehow we survived.

Posted 17 March 2013 - 12:51 PM

I was travelling late last year and stayed at a hotel.  In the morning I was getting some coffee before I checked out. Some man just came out of the blue and started talking to me. Not my type so I just was polite, said very little and left.

About 2 weeks ago I was at a grocery store that I don't normally go to and one of the stock clerks started being super friendly, was making eye contact etc.

I think it's a numbers game for some men.  There was a janitor where I used to work who made a pass at EVERY female, as long as she wasn't a manager.  If it was female and had a pulse, he would take it.

I am no great beauty (40+ years old and maybe a 6 or 7 on a scale of 10).

I am another anonymous face in the crowd. I am just another tiny wheel in the machinery of the world I live in.

#20    Ealdwita

Ealdwita

Hwt oredmcg

• 5,275 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 12:55 PM

At my age I usually tailor my approach to young ladies in a manner designed to elicit a "What a nice old gentleman" response! Can't hope for much more, these days, I'm afraid. (And if I actually got a more positive response, I fear Mrs.E would feed my goolies to the dogs!)

"Gæð a wyrd swa hio scel, ac gecnáwan þín gefá!": "Fate goes ever as she shall, but know thine enemy!".
I can teach you with a quip, if I've a mind; I can trick you into learning with a laugh; Oh, winnow all my folly and you'll find, A grain or two of truth among the chaff!
(The Yeoman of the Guard ~ Gilbert and Sullivan)

#21    Miss Shadows

Miss Shadows

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 969 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 09:37 AM

View Postealdwita, on 17 March 2013 - 12:55 PM, said:

At my age I usually tailor my approach to young ladies in a manner designed to elicit a "What a nice old gentleman" response! Can't hope for much more, these days, I'm afraid. (And if I actually got a more positive response, I fear Mrs.E would feed my goolies to the dogs!)
Haha E, you strapping young lad, you...  :P

I don't know what it is, but a lot of older guys come onto me. People I meet always assume I'm 20 something, but I doubt that's it. The only person I ever got involved with who was all that much older was a teacher in high school who was about double my age when I was 16. He was kind, easy to be around, and he could hold an intellectual conversation. Despite the age difference and everything else he was always very respectful, and there was nothing I would deem 'bad' about our relationship. I like older men anyway, it's just that was an 'outlier' even for me.  Age is a funny, funny thing...

#22    krypter3

krypter3

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 11:56 AM

Ha the million dollar question.  Raising two kids kinda puts a downer on the dating scene for me but I honestly don't 'look' for women or something in them.  I just like to be surprised, I keep an open mind and it's usually the personality that attracts me.  Cliché I know, but you might have the hottest body in the crowd, doesn't make you beautiful.  There are a lot of aspects to Beauty/attractiveness, and it's not just how athletic or cute you are.  I mean sure, I've seen girls and been like WOW she's good looking but doesn't make her beautiful.  Besides, the first two things I notice are the eyes and hair, both of which portray a lot about a persons personality.  And I much prefer women who wear long modest dresses, rather then short skirts and tank tops I rarely notice the really putting it out there girls first.  There are so many of them that it's just not something I get radiated to.

I don't know how it is in other countries of late, but here the really really short hot pants and tank tops are the inn thing.  And there's nothing I find attractive about it.

Anoywho, you may have a lot of guys coming onto you because from what I can tell, you seem like a decent person.  You say you smile a lot and speaking from experience, a hell of a lot of people in our day in age mistake kindness for flirtation.  

I cannot count the amount of times I've opened or held a door for a woman, or let them out the door first or been at a checkout and asked how their day has been, made eye contact and smiled.  Then they have ended up blushing, flirting or calling me out for flirting.  And I'd say about...90% of the time I have not meant to appear I am flirting.  They have just taken kindness in the wrong context.  I was actually having a conversation about this with my mother the other day and the different reactions I get.  

I have a habit of calling people sweetheart or darlin', and she was telling me how it can be taken in the wrong way after I was in subway and the woman behind the counter went red faced when I called her sweetheart.  

Don't be afraid of it, take it as a compliment.  You don't have to ring them and I'm sure if they just approach a random in the shopping centre then they would be used to a lot of rejections.  I think's it's proper to get to know someone before you ask them on a date lmfao.  Anyway I say keep doing what your doing.  I've had people tell me I'm to nice but I don't care, never know when your smile is going to brighten someone's day.  It's the joy of working in customer service jobs, I loved working in a restaurant because of the people who'd come through.  I'd make it my mission to make anyone who came in down, smile before they leave.

#23    little_dreamer

little_dreamer

Government Agent

• 3,412 posts

• We did not understand it all, but somehow we survived.

Posted 19 March 2013 - 12:16 AM

View Postkrypter3, on 18 March 2013 - 11:56 AM, said:

I have a habit of calling people sweetheart or darlin', and she was telling me how it can be taken in the wrong way after I was in subway and the woman behind the counter went red faced when I called her sweetheart.  

At least no one has hit you in the face with a purse yet. :lol:

You sound like a gentleman though, and not a creepy stalker.

Edited by little_dreamer, 19 March 2013 - 12:16 AM.

I am another anonymous face in the crowd. I am just another tiny wheel in the machinery of the world I live in.

#24    Lilly

Lilly

Forum Divinity

• 19,274 posts

• "To thine own self be true" William Shakespeare

Posted 19 March 2013 - 01:29 AM

Oh for goodness sakes...young beautiful women get hit on frequently, it's as simple as that.

"Ignorance is ignorance. It is a state of mind, not an opinion." ~MID~

Posted Image

#25    ChewiesArmy

ChewiesArmy

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 354 posts

• When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice. - Cherokee

Posted 25 March 2013 - 09:36 PM

View PostLilly, on 19 March 2013 - 01:29 AM, said:

Oh for goodness sakes...young beautiful women get hit on frequently, it's as simple as that.
This!

My wife gets hit on all the time when she goes shopping alone, which is why she never goes alone anymore...she hates it. When we were in the pre-dating phase, there were about 15-20 other guys always trying to get to know her better...all of which were a lot better looking then my ugly butt. Still don't know why she married me.

As far as what looked for...I never had the confidence to ask a girl out. I needed the girkl to hit me over the head with a club. My wife and I were co-workers and friends before we dated.

"And how do you know God doesn't swear? Especially taking a good look at the human race, it must be a part of his daily ritual" -Lewis Black

#26    Wyrdlight

Wyrdlight

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,094 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 05:50 PM

Im extremely flirty and complimentory.  But i would not ask a girl out randomly, any dates I get are usually via people I know through mutal friends, work or hobby related. Thus I usually know them a little first, im not very spontaneous.  In regards to how much "attention" I pay women, as I said im pretty flirty and always complimentory but thats fairly universal to all women I interact with.

I would pretty much never make a move or ask somone out unless I read some interest on thier part.

#27    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 11,964 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 06:18 PM

Posted Image

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated." - Hunt for the Skinwalker

"The ultimate irony of the Disclosure movement is that it deeply distrusts officialdom, while simultaneously looking to officialdom for the truth." - Robbie Graham Silver Screen Saucers

#28    Blue Star

Blue Star

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,954 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 10:04 PM

I don't really get the point of this question (consensus) HeartsAreForBreaking…... What exactly are you asking?

Do I get hit on = Yes.

Is it more or less than other women = No idea, how would I know?

Nah, I don't really get what you are really trying to find out here?

What's normal for me may not be so for others, I don't know.

…...Is that what your after? …….A gauge of what's normal?

Sorry, I don't know what's normal…Only what's normal for me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users