Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Potter Chronicles: The Rise of Lord Voldemort

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1    Paranoid Android

Paranoid Android

????????

• 25,422 posts

• Paranoid Android... No power in the verse can stop me...

Posted 15 March 2013 - 02:23 PM

Yep, this movie doesn't exist.  As far as I know, no franchise has plans to make it.  But as was recently discussed in another thread, I reckon it would be a Blockbuster.  The life of Hogwarts during the time when Tom Riddle (Voldemort) was a student, as was James Potter, Lilly (don't know her last name, whatever it was before she married James), Severus Snape, Remus Lupin, Lucius Malfoy, Hagrid, Peter Pettigrew, probably Professor Horace Slughorn, definitely Albus Dumbledore.  And more, I don't know Potter lore enough to make a full cast-list.  So for interests sake, would anybody be interested in a prequel to Harry Potter, and which actors would be best suited to the roles (the ones used in the movie flashbacks, or a whole new cast).

Just thinking aloud :)

~ PA

Edited by Paranoid Android, 15 March 2013 - 02:29 PM.

Posted Image

My blog is now taking a new direction.  Dedicated to my father who was a great inspiration in my life, I wish to honour his memory (RIP, dad) by sharing with the world what he had always kept to himself.  More details, http://www.unexplain...showentry=27811

#2    Vaise

Vaise

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 641 posts

• http://www.youtube.com/user/VaiseShepard/videos

Posted 15 March 2013 - 02:30 PM

So what? 8 movies  wasn't enough?

Posted Image

I’d rather trust and regret than doubt and regret:- Kirito

#3    Paranoid Android

Paranoid Android

????????

• 25,422 posts

• Paranoid Android... No power in the verse can stop me...

Posted 15 March 2013 - 02:32 PM

Not nearly enough :D

Posted Image

My blog is now taking a new direction.  Dedicated to my father who was a great inspiration in my life, I wish to honour his memory (RIP, dad) by sharing with the world what he had always kept to himself.  More details, http://www.unexplain...showentry=27811

#4    Vaise

Vaise

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 641 posts

• http://www.youtube.com/user/VaiseShepard/videos

Posted 15 March 2013 - 02:40 PM

obviously a huge potter fan ^^, to be honest i am not against the idea of prequel potter films i just feel 8 movies in a franchise is enough, i mean look at star wars there going for number 7 and 123 whernt exactly amazing movies. I think the more movies a universe gets the more burnt the pie becomes.

Posted Image

I’d rather trust and regret than doubt and regret:- Kirito

#5    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 13,987 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 15 March 2013 - 02:49 PM

Prequels seem to me a bad idea; we know where things are going so it's damn hard to keep interest.  Also, because of that, everything seems contrived (no doubt because it is contrived).  I saw that with the Star Wars prequels and with the Hobbit.  Both left me flat.

#6    Grey14

Grey14

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 773 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 02:50 PM

View PostVaise, on 15 March 2013 - 02:40 PM, said:

obviously a huge potter fan ^^, to be honest i am not against the idea of prequel potter films i just feel 8 movies in a franchise is enough, i mean look at star wars there going for number 7 and 123 whernt exactly amazing movies. I think the more movies a universe gets the more burnt the pie becomes.

The potter films are different though. I was not a potter fan when it first came out I thought it was stupid. Until I saw the first one. I really would not call myself a big potter fan now but I though all the movies were good. They had the rare talent of usually being better than the one before it. The star wars movies not so much and I am a huge star wars fan. So even though there were 8 movies it didn't feel like 8 movies :)

Now prequels I don't know I dont see that working. I would be more interested in following the potter character as he grows into an adult and what happens in the 19 years after the movies.

"The only thing Needed for the Truimph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

#7    Child of Bast

Child of Bast

Queen of the UM Asylum

• 5,021 posts

• The Mad Hatter: "Have I gone mad?"
    Alice: "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers.But I'll tell you a secret: all the best people are."

Posted 15 March 2013 - 03:20 PM

You cannot compare the Potter franchise to the Star Wars franchise since they were neither filmed in chronological order nor were they filmed relatively close together. Four, five and six were filmed and then the first ones were filmed more than 20 years later.

As for adding to the Potter movie franchise, I think just one movie could do the trick if done right.

'A phantom,' said my Uncle Mycroft, who had just materialised, 'is essentially a heteromorphic wave pattern that gains solidity when the apparition converts thermal energy from the surroundings to visible light. It's a fascinating process and I'm amazed no one has thought of harnessing it - a holographic TV that could operate from the heat given off by an average-size guinea pig.' ~ First Among Sequels, Jasper Fforde

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users