Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Sleepwalker found in hedge twelve miles away

Still Waters

A farmer's wife who disappeared after climbing out of her kitchen window while sleepwalking has been found a day and a half later nine miles away.

Joy Grigg, 50, sparked a major police search after vanishing in the early hours of Wednesday morning. Her husband Richard, 53, awoke to find his wife gone and the kitchen window wide open.

http://www.telegraph...hen-window.html

• Like 1

A farmer's wife who disappeared after climbing out of her kitchen window while sleepwalking has been found a day and a half later nine miles away.

Joy Grigg, 50, sparked a major police search after vanishing in the early hours of Wednesday morning. Her husband Richard, 53, awoke to find his wife gone and the kitchen window wide open.

http://www.telegraph...hen-window.html

Wait, a day and a half later? She just found a hedge and continued to sleep there for over a day?

• Like 2

From the end of the article:

He said: "She has wandered off before, about six or seven weeks ago in January, that time she ended up around five miles away.

"We managed to bring her back after I kept calling her mobile and eventually the vibration in her pocket woke her up."

--------------

OK, and walking that distance doesn't wake someone up? That must be a weird disorder. Glad she's OK and in the hospital.

Don't know if anything can be done about it, though. Maybe some type of medication.

Just glad she wasn't "sleep-driving" :w00t:

• Like 1

When I was younger, I sleepwalked alot. But never once was I completely unaware of my surroundings. My sleepwalks were zombified states where I could see myself walking and everything was blur, but I continued sleepwalking because I thought I was walking in a dream that took place where I was in real life. It was only whenever I realised I wasn't dreaming that my sleepwalks ended and I went from a half-awake state to fully awake.

• Like 2

She was only found because someone reported a pair of giant tits nesting in their hedge. Birdwatchers came from everywhere only to leave again in a huff. (My sources have told me)

• Like 3

damn 9 miles sleepwalking!!!that must be a new worlds record or something!!!lol anyway what causes sleepwalking?dude that's really funny and weird in the good sense the term sleepwalking.i hope she's okay though.

• Like 1

great interesting story, hopefully they will publish her comments about the amazing experience she had. What did she feel, what are her recollections if any, does she remember anything at all? Who and how did they find her? Cant wait to hear more of this story. When i was about 6 years old i sleepwalked, and remember i was in dire situations where i better get going on the run, lol!

• Like 1

The use of a tether (like a child safety leach) tied to her ankle and a bunch of cow bells should wake her before she gets far.

• Like 1

Damn 9 miles sleepwalking!!! I Know that whenever i sleep walk i Dont remember **** until my Parents tell me what happened. But still 9 miles that must of been one hell of a dream. Its amazing what the mind can do when we are not fully awake. Most people Dont wanna walk 9 miles when they are awake let alone when they are a sleep.

Edited by stevemagegod
  • Like 1

Hmm I'm just wondering why she walked that far when her dream should have only been kitchen related and thus restricting her to a ~16m2 area.

• Like 1