Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Game of Thrones

• Please log in to reply
486 replies to this topic

#1    Paranoid Android

Paranoid Android

????????

• 24,852 posts

• Paranoid Android... No power in the verse can stop me...

Posted 16 March 2013 - 06:44 AM

Two weeks to go, Season 3 is about to begin.  This makes PA very happy :yes:

edit: for new viewers to this thread, please keep in mind that many people who watch this show do not live in America and must wait a day or so before they can see what you have already seen.  As such, it is always best to use spoiler tags when posting details about the latest episode or future plot lines (especially if you have also read the book/s and have an idea of what will happen).  If you are unaware of how to use Spoiler tags, they should look as follows:

[spoiler]This is a spoiler![/spoiler]

Without the code box, the spoiler should show up as an invisible wall of text that can only be accessed by clicking on a button.  This is just a good way to show respect to people who may not have seen what you have seen.  Please be considerate, and enjoy season 3 (I know I'll definitely enjoy it).

~ Paranoid Android

Edited by Paranoid Android, 31 March 2013 - 08:48 AM.

Posted Image

My blog is now taking a new direction.  Dedicated to my father who was a great inspiration in my life, I wish to honour his memory (RIP, dad) by sharing with the world what he had always kept to himself.  More details, http://www.unexplain...showentry=27811

#2    Vaise

Vaise

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 641 posts

• http://www.youtube.com/user/VaiseShepard/videos

Posted 16 March 2013 - 07:28 AM

Awesome show and amazing books, i thought id post this too from there official channel

https://www.youtube....h?v=bzxOv-KF9do

Posted Image

I’d rather trust and regret than doubt and regret:- Kirito

#3    libstaK

libstaK

Nosce Te Ipsum

• 6,260 posts

• Hello Reality and all that is True
    When Oxymoron was defined it was just for you

Posted 16 March 2013 - 10:21 AM

Two weeks feels like a lifetime away *sigh*, still very very happy bout this :clap: :clap: :clap:

"I warn you, whoever you are, oh you who wish to probe the arcanes of nature, if you do not find within yourself that which you seek, neither shall you find it outside.
If you ignore the excellencies of your own house, how do you intend to find other excellencies?
In you is hidden the treasure of treasures, Oh man, know thyself and you shall know the Universe and the Gods."

Inscription - Temple of Delphi

#4    Lilly

Lilly

Forum Divinity

• 15,580 posts

• "To thine own self be true" William Shakespeare

Posted 16 March 2013 - 10:56 AM

My daughter is completely 'hooked' on this series. She's read the books and is salivating for the TV series to begin again. Personally, it's a tad too dark for my liking...seems like all the good characters simply get killed (too depressing). I must admit, some excellent acting though.

"Ignorance is ignorance. It is a state of mind, not an opinion." ~MID~

"All that live must die, passing through nature into eternity" ~Shakespeare~ Posted Image

#5    Queen in the North

Queen in the North

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,509 posts

• We're more Ceefax people.

Posted 16 March 2013 - 12:49 PM

Exciteeeeeed! :D :D :D  Though I'm in the UK (and don't have a subscription to a decent service that gets stuff like GoT!) and will have to wait longer for them.

Posted Image

#6    MoorWalks

MoorWalks

My freestyle rapping career didn't work out, so I came back

• 6,293 posts

• The illegitimate love-child of Strategy and Creativity. Sex God, Entrepreneur, Super Hero, Rapper, Table Dancer.

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:54 PM

I am very new to Game of Thrones and when I say new I mean I know absolutely zero about it.

I ended up buying season 1&2 on eBay (£6 cheaper than Amazon) yesterday morning and they are here today, so hopefully I will make a start tonight.

Posted Image

#7    Paranoid Android

Paranoid Android

????????

• 24,852 posts

• Paranoid Android... No power in the verse can stop me...

Posted 21 March 2013 - 07:37 AM

View Postxsas, on 20 March 2013 - 05:54 PM, said:

I am very new to Game of Thrones and when I say new I mean I know absolutely zero about it.

I ended up buying season 1&2 on eBay (£6 cheaper than Amazon) yesterday morning and they are here today, so hopefully I will make a start tonight.
I think I mentioned this to you before, but I do envy you right now.  I wish I could go back and watch the show from the start for the first time again.  Then I'd be shocked and surprised and delighted by what they were doing.  Have fun :)

Posted Image

My blog is now taking a new direction.  Dedicated to my father who was a great inspiration in my life, I wish to honour his memory (RIP, dad) by sharing with the world what he had always kept to himself.  More details, http://www.unexplain...showentry=27811

#8    MoorWalks

MoorWalks

• 6,293 posts

• The illegitimate love-child of Strategy and Creativity. Sex God, Entrepreneur, Super Hero, Rapper, Table Dancer.

Posted 21 March 2013 - 03:38 PM

View PostParanoid Android, on 21 March 2013 - 07:37 AM, said:

I think I mentioned this to you before, but I do envy you right now.  I wish I could go back and watch the show from the start for the first time again.  Then I'd be shocked and surprised and delighted by what they were doing.  Have fun :)

OK, let’s get started.

Normally as a rule I am not a big fan of mythical, dragon slaying, goblin type programs or movies, so as you can understand, I did have my reservations before watching any of them last night.

I was determined to make a start and give them a chance even if I didn’t like the first episode.

This is how last night panned out for me: I cooked the family dinner so it was a late start, by the time my wife returned back from teaching her Yoga class and we ate dinner it was 21:30hrs. My wife wanted to watch something in the other lounge and I pulled the first DVD from the box and started at the very beginning.

A late dinner and a few glasses of wine & ended up watching four episodes before I dragged myself to bed.

Bloody brilliant.. How did this manage to evade me for this long?

Everything about it, the cast, landscape, so many sidelined stories going on, the budget must be massive, and boy is it graphic.

The cast and landscape drew me in at first and then stories started to kick in.. Character acting is briliant. It drew me in, I was thinking if I could live back then, imagining the climate, violence etc..

PA... thank you my friend, its one of the best things I have seen on TV in a long long time. :tu:

No prizes for guessing what I'm watching tonight... :yes:

Posted Image

#9    ExpandMyMind

ExpandMyMind

Telekinetic

• Closed
  • 6,628 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 05:33 PM

Yey. Xsas is a fan.

Once you're finished GoT, gimme a shout and I'll point you in the direction of around 10-15 shows of the same caliber. Breaking Bad is the best show ever made. Ever.

#10    MoorWalks

MoorWalks

• 6,293 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 06:21 PM

View PostExpandMyMind, on 21 March 2013 - 05:33 PM, said:

Yey. Xsas is a fan.

Once you're finished GoT, gimme a shout and I'll point you in the direction of around 10-15 shows of the same caliber. Breaking Bad is the best show ever made. Ever.

I might have to do that, because I don't have the will power to pace myself and watch Season 1 & 2, so it keeps me busy until the Walking Dead Season 4 starts.

I seem to have hijacked this season 3 thread.

Posted Image

#11    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

hi

• 8,009 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 08:24 PM

View Postxsas, on 21 March 2013 - 06:21 PM, said:

I might have to do that, because I don't have the will power to pace myself and watch Season 1 & 2, so it keeps me busy until the Walking Dead Season 4 starts.

I seem to have hijacked this season 3 thread.
you should read the books as I have also just started to read clash of kings or season 2

#12    Merc14

Merc14

anti-woo magician

• 4,439 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 04:29 AM

View Postxsas, on 21 March 2013 - 03:38 PM, said:

OK, let’s get started.

Normally as a rule I am not a big fan of mythical, dragon slaying, goblin type programs or movies, so as you can understand, I did have my reservations before watching any of them last night.

I was determined to make a start and give them a chance even if I didn’t like the first episode.

This is how last night panned out for me: I cooked the family dinner so it was a late start, by the time my wife returned back from teaching her Yoga class and we ate dinner it was 21:30hrs. My wife wanted to watch something in the other lounge and I pulled the first DVD from the box and started at the very beginning.

A late dinner and a few glasses of wine & ended up watching four episodes before I dragged myself to bed.

Bloody brilliant.. How did this manage to evade me for this long?

Everything about it, the cast, landscape, so many sidelined stories going on, the budget must be massive, and boy is it graphic.

The cast and landscape drew me in at first and then stories started to kick in.. Character acting is briliant. It drew me in, I was thinking if I could live back then, imagining the climate, violence etc..

PA... thank you my friend, its one of the best things I have seen on TV in a long long time. :tu:

No prizes for guessing what I'm watching tonight... :yes:

Great critique!  It gets tough and bad guys become good guys and good guys bad, until they are all the same or
Spoiler

Edited by Merc14, 22 March 2013 - 04:31 AM.

You asked for Obamamerica, now you are going to get it.  Stand by for suck or as Pelosi says, "Embrace the suck".

#13    MoorWalks

MoorWalks

• 6,293 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 10:02 AM

View PostMerc14, on 22 March 2013 - 04:29 AM, said:

Great critique!  It gets tough and bad guys become good guys and good guys bad, until they are all the same or
Spoiler

Merc14... You know I'm not going to touch that spoiler button don't you.. lol

As tempting as it is, I just know it will do me harm?

Posted Image

#14    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,249 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 22 March 2013 - 11:31 AM

Cant wait !

Miss me?

#15    Merc14

Merc14

anti-woo magician

• 4,439 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 12:10 PM

View Postxsas, on 22 March 2013 - 10:02 AM, said:

Merc14... You know I'm not going to touch that spoiler button don't you.. lol

As tempting as it is, I just know it will do me harm?

LOL.  It's not a real spoiler that will ruin anything for you but I am being careful.   You'd love the books I think and the two are not is anyway mutually exclusive. As an aside,  I bought my Kindle because of these books (they are seriously large) and it was the best buy I ever made.

You asked for Obamamerica, now you are going to get it.  Stand by for suck or as Pelosi says, "Embrace the suck".

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users