Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Game of Thrones

• Please log in to reply
768 replies to this topic

#121    Merc14

Merc14

anti-woo magician

• 8,309 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 04:19 AM

Of course Poderick is the greatest swordsman in the land!

Believing when there is no compelling evidence is a mistake.  The idea is to withhold belief until there is compelling evidence and if the universe does not comply with our predispositions, okay, then we have the wrenching obligation to accommodate to the way the universe really is.  - Carl Sagan

That which can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence. - Christopher Hitchens

#122    DKO

DKO

Ω is Futile.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,837 posts

• When you hear hoofbeats behind you, don't expect to see a zebra - Unless you're in Africa...

Posted 23 April 2013 - 11:13 AM

View PostExpandMyMind, on 01 April 2013 - 09:29 AM, said:

Was a bit disappointed by the small scar Tyrion had, as well as a still normal nose. I think the gruesomeness of the book version is truly needed to set him off on his journey, with the perils of being a horrifically scarred and ugly dwarf. It is needed for his character development.

Reminds me of a bit on The Simpsons when some TV executive said "We're looking for TV-ugly not ugly-ugly."

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe it. - Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Confucius Says:

Man who runs behind car gets exhausted.

Man who wants pretty nurse must be patient.

#123    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,266 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 23 April 2013 - 04:41 PM

View PostMerc14, on 16 April 2013 - 01:47 AM, said:

Spoiler

Oh_my_GOD !!!!
SHE BLEW ME AWAY ! I AM FLOORED ,IN TEARS .
But I knew there was no way she ___________ the ________ __________ to that ___________.
I am floored by Dany. She's freeking AWESOME .

And I never thought I could feel sympathy for Jamie Lannister .I hope the people __________ Jamie ___________ ,all die horribly ..

Edited by Simbi Laveau, 23 April 2013 - 04:43 PM.

Miss me?

#124    Merc14

Merc14

anti-woo magician

• 8,309 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 06:40 PM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 23 April 2013 - 04:41 PM, said:

Oh_my_GOD !!!!
But I knew there was no way she ___________ the ________ __________ to that ___________.

And I never thought I could feel sympathy for Jamie Lannister .I hope the people __________ Jamie ___________ ,all die horribly ..

Told you so!  LOL.  
Spoiler

Believing when there is no compelling evidence is a mistake.  The idea is to withhold belief until there is compelling evidence and if the universe does not comply with our predispositions, okay, then we have the wrenching obligation to accommodate to the way the universe really is.  - Carl Sagan

That which can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence. - Christopher Hitchens

#125    ChewiesArmy

ChewiesArmy

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 341 posts

• When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice. - Cherokee

Posted 23 April 2013 - 07:42 PM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 23 April 2013 - 04:41 PM, said:

Oh_my_GOD !!!!

I still feel no sympathy for him. My 2 sis-in-laws, bro-in-law and I had this discussion after the episode...
Spoiler

And yes...Dany is such an awesome character.
Spoiler

Edited by ChewiesArmy, 23 April 2013 - 07:44 PM.

"And how do you know God doesn't swear? Especially taking a good look at the human race, it must be a part of his daily ritual" -Lewis Black

#126    ChewiesArmy

ChewiesArmy

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 341 posts

• When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice. - Cherokee

Posted 23 April 2013 - 07:46 PM

View PostMerc14, on 16 April 2013 - 04:19 AM, said:

Of course Poderick is the greatest swordsman in the land!
I have to admit, at 1st I didn't really understand what you meant, but then it sank in!

"And how do you know God doesn't swear? Especially taking a good look at the human race, it must be a part of his daily ritual" -Lewis Black

#127    Merc14

Merc14

anti-woo magician

• 8,309 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 07:57 PM

View PostChewiesArmy, on 23 April 2013 - 07:46 PM, said:

I have to admit, at 1st I didn't really understand what you meant, but then it sank in!

LOL.  I don't remember this from the books but then again there are thousands of pages so who knows but the scene with Bronn and Tyrion making the kid sit down and explain things was hilarious.  Bronn is a great character and one of my favorites.

Edited by Merc14, 23 April 2013 - 07:59 PM.

#128    ExpandMyMind

ExpandMyMind

Telekinetic

• 6,775 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 08:03 PM

View PostChewiesArmy, on 23 April 2013 - 07:42 PM, said:

I still feel no sympathy for him. My 2 sis-in-laws, bro-in-law and I had this discussion after the episode...
Spoiler

And yes...Dany is such an awesome character.
Spoiler

Spoiler

#129    Mr.United_Nations

Mr.United_Nations

hi

• 9,270 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:07 PM

View PostExpandMyMind, on 23 April 2013 - 08:03 PM, said:

Spoiler
They did not really defeated, they just got weak and rebuild slowly. A bit like Sauron

Edited by The New Richard Nixon, 23 April 2013 - 09:07 PM.

#130    ChewiesArmy

ChewiesArmy

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 10:18 PM

View PostMerc14, on 23 April 2013 - 07:57 PM, said:

LOL.  I don't remember this from the books but then again there are thousands of pages so who knows but the scene with Bronn and Tyrion making the kid sit down and explain things was hilarious.  Bronn is a great character and one of my favorites.

I'm gonna have to read the rest of the books. I can't take it anymore!

#131    ExpandMyMind

ExpandMyMind

Telekinetic

• 6,775 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 11:13 PM

View PostMerc14, on 23 April 2013 - 07:57 PM, said:

I don't remember it either. It was comical though.

#132    Merc14

Merc14

anti-woo magician

• 8,309 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 12:47 AM

View PostChewiesArmy, on 23 April 2013 - 10:18 PM, said:

I'm gonna have to read the rest of the books. I can't take it anymore!

The last two books were actually written as a single long book but he kept adding to it so in the end he broke it up into two books with half the characters left out of each one.  In one book they advance a period of time and then the last book starts back at the beginning of the first and those characters advance.  I can't say I was particularly happy with this but GRR Martin never asked and he runs by his own clock.

Edited by Merc14, 24 April 2013 - 12:49 AM.

#133    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,266 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 25 April 2013 - 03:15 AM

All the chatter of the Whores and the sexual prowess of the kid,is hysterical .

Miss me?

#134    DKO

DKO

Ω is Futile.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,837 posts

• When you hear hoofbeats behind you, don't expect to see a zebra - Unless you're in Africa...

Posted 25 April 2013 - 12:04 PM

These last two episodes have been great and Daenerys army is starting to look pretty damn impressive.

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe it. - Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Confucius Says:

Man who runs behind car gets exhausted.

Man who wants pretty nurse must be patient.

#135    ExpandMyMind

ExpandMyMind

Telekinetic

• 6,775 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 07:17 PM

Loved seeing Jaimie open his heart to the Wench.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users