Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Game of Thrones

• Please log in to reply
567 replies to this topic

#181    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

hi

• 8,649 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 08:42 PM

Has the *snip* been on?

Edited by Paranoid Android, 21 May 2013 - 12:43 AM.
Removed plot line spoiler

#182    Merc14

Merc14

anti-woo magician

• 6,638 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 09:05 PM

View PostThe New Richard Nixon, on 20 May 2013 - 08:42 PM, said:

Has the *snip* been on?
not yet

Edited by Paranoid Android, 21 May 2013 - 12:43 AM.
edited quote

Believing when there is no compelling evidence is a mistake.  The idea is to withhold belief until there is compelling evidence and if the universe does not comply with our predispositions, okay, then we have the wrenching obligation to accommodate to the way the universe really is.  - Carl Sagan

Who is more humble, the scientist who looks at the universe with an open mind and accepts whatever the universe has to teach us or somebody who says everything in this book should be considered the literal truth and never mind the fallibility of the human beings involved in the writing of this legend - Carl Sagan

#183    Paranoid Android

Paranoid Android

????????

• 27,067 posts

• Paranoid Android... Gorram it kid, let's frak this thing and go home! Make it so!

Posted 21 May 2013 - 12:45 AM

Folks, another reminder - not everyone who watches the tv show has read the books.  Please refrain from talking about events that haven't happened in the show.  We don't want to ruin the show for people who don't know what's about to come.  Thanks,

Edited by Paranoid Android, 21 May 2013 - 12:45 AM.

Posted Image

My blog is now taking a new direction.  Dedicated to my father who was a great inspiration in my life, I wish to honour his memory (RIP, dad) by sharing with the world what he had always kept to himself.  More details, http://www.unexplain...showentry=27811

#184    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 12,349 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 01:25 AM

Cersei is completely losing it.  I can't remember an episode where every scene she was trying to outdo herself with something even more shocking.   Tywin is right.  She lost control of her little devil a long time ago.  She didn't win the respect of her father and has little part to play in the legacy of her household.  She did have somewhat of a decent claim on her family's inheritance or so she would think, with Jaime devoted to the Kingsguard and unable to marry or inherit, and Tyrion being the wobbling monstrosity that she thinks he is.

Arya's now hanging out with one of the people from her Death List.  Maybe she'll be slower to dole out death and punishment from now on after she realizes her mistake in judgment based on her incomplete command of the facts.

Sansa's virtue is still intact the morning after her wedding night!   It's almost unbelievable she's remained pure the whole time granted what nightmares she's been through.

I think Lord Karstark was right, Robb lost the war when he married that girl.

Jaime's a good guy now!?  It's amazing what losing one's most important appendage will do to a man.   Just ask Varys!

Jon Snow knows something else too... how to use his tongue!   Not that he had any practice, he's just a natural I guess.   Ygritte was wrong about him.   Was seeing them kissing on the Wall together not the most epic scene in fantasy history?

"The power to declare war, including the power of judging the causes of war, is fully and exclusively vested in the Legislature.  The Executive has no right, in any case, to decide the question" ~ James Madison
"Peace cannot be achieved by force, only by understanding."  ~ Albert Einstein
"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela
"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians.  Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." ~ Mahatma Gandhi

#185    Merc14

Merc14

anti-woo magician

• 6,638 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 01:49 AM

Good post Yamato

View PostYamato, on 21 May 2013 - 01:25 AM, said:

Cersei is completely losing it.  I can't remember an episode where every scene she was trying to outdo herself with something even more shocking.   Tywin is right.  She lost control of her little devil a long time ago.  She didn't win the respect of her father and has little part to play in the legacy of her household.  She did have somewhat of a decent claim on her family's inheritance or so she would think, with Jaime devoted to the Kingsguard and unable to marry or inherit, and Tyrion being the wobbling monstrosity that she thinks he is.

You can almost see the venom dripping out of her.  A truly nasty and bitter woman.

Arya's now hanging out with one of the people from her Death List.  Maybe she'll be slower to dole out death and punishment from now on after she realizes her mistake in judgment based on her incomplete command of the facts.

Arya's story becomes one of the most interesting IMHO.

Sansa's virtue is still intact the morning after her wedding night!   It's almost unbelievable she's remained pure the whole time granted what nightmares she's been through.

I think Lord Karstark was right, Robb lost the war when he married that girl.

Sansa reminded us all she is only 14.  I think the age of his characters was a mistake on GRRM's part and he has said as much.  Dinklage's face when she said her age should get him another Emmy (is that the right award?  I am clueless on that stuff) just for that.  His performance was heartbreaking and when he stabbed the knife into the table I was as angry as him at the little monster.  Good lord that man can act.

Jaime's a good guy now!?  It's amazing what losing one's most important appendage will do to a man.   Just ask Varys!
:tu:

Jon Snow knows something else too... how to use his tongue!   Not that he had any practice, he's just a natural I guess.   Ygritte was wrong about him.   Was seeing them kissing on the Wall together not the most epic scene in fantasy history?

Poderick is the same story.  This seems to be something the directors enjoy dropping in the scene.

Edited by Merc14, 21 May 2013 - 01:51 AM.

Believing when there is no compelling evidence is a mistake.  The idea is to withhold belief until there is compelling evidence and if the universe does not comply with our predispositions, okay, then we have the wrenching obligation to accommodate to the way the universe really is.  - Carl Sagan

Who is more humble, the scientist who looks at the universe with an open mind and accepts whatever the universe has to teach us or somebody who says everything in this book should be considered the literal truth and never mind the fallibility of the human beings involved in the writing of this legend - Carl Sagan

#186    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 12,349 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 04:59 AM

View PostMerc14, on 21 May 2013 - 01:49 AM, said:

Good post Yamato

You can almost see the venom dripping out of her.  A truly nasty and bitter woman.

Arya's story becomes one of the most interesting IMHO.

Sansa reminded us all she is only 14.  I think the age of his characters was a mistake on GRRM's part and he has said as much.  Dinklage's face when she said her age should get him another Emmy (is that the right award?  I am clueless on that stuff) just for that.  His performance was heartbreaking and when he stabbed the knife into the table I was as angry as him at the little monster.  Good lord that man can act.

:tu:

Poderick is the same story.  This seems to be something the directors enjoy dropping in the scene.
HBO shamelessly tosses sex and sexuality into so many scenes, but that's true in all of their series isn't it?

Dinklage is just amazing.  I don't think I've ever said that about an actor before.

Yeah, Cersei is a toxic character but she's enduring losses from all angles, loss of her power, her lover, her father, her son, her title, her legacy, her freedom to choose her life for herself.  How can you be the perfect queen when everything around you that you loved or counted on is crumbling around you?   I admired her for how well she tolerated Robert.  And if all that wasn't enough there's now a poisonous jealousy to contend with.  I think Margery is everything Cersei should be as queen but isn't.

"The power to declare war, including the power of judging the causes of war, is fully and exclusively vested in the Legislature.  The Executive has no right, in any case, to decide the question" ~ James Madison
"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela
"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians.  Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." ~ Mahatma Gandhi

#187    Merc14

Merc14

anti-woo magician

• 6,638 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 05:18 AM

I  agree with your whole statement but can't ever disagree with beautiful woman showing some skin, sorry, and the books are very sexual/ sensual in nature.  You have to read the books, Yamato, as I think you would enjoy them immensely.  Get a kindle and dig in, I think you will be happy with the purchase.  It won't, in any way, ruin the series.  They are immensely long , however and you won't have any answers.

#188    Wordless Wanderer

Wordless Wanderer

Midnight Snack Muncher

• 2,420 posts

• Tinky winky, Dipsy, La-la, Po! Eh-Oh!

Posted 21 May 2013 - 06:06 AM

Any thoughts on the latest episode? I'd like to discuss but I don't wanna spoil it for anyone who hasn't seen it yet

Posted Image

#189    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 12,349 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 08:13 AM

View PostMerc14, on 21 May 2013 - 05:18 AM, said:

I  agree with your whole statement but can't ever disagree with beautiful woman showing some skin, sorry, and the books are very sexual/ sensual in nature.  You have to read the books, Yamato, as I think you would enjoy them immensely.  Get a kindle and dig in, I think you will be happy with the purchase.  It won't, in any way, ruin the series.  They are immensely long , however and you won't have any answers.
I read the books before the show.   They reveal truth that the show does not.   Take Jaime Lannister from episode one, season one.  He seems to flippantly toss Bran from the window when the fact of the matter is, if that kid squealed, Jaime was a dead man and the Seven have mercy on Cersei for what Robert would have done with her.   He also says "The things I do for love." which sounded so callous in the show, when the fact of the matter is, he really does love Cersei.  The only woman he's ever loved and the only woman he's ever had sex with his entire life.   The shows are finally revealing the complexity in these relationships and are finally showing the complexity of Jaime's character in a fuller light.   As enjoyable as the first three books were, book four was a big disappointment and I hear the same problems with five that I experienced in four, mainly the plot grinding to a crawl if not a halt despite the 1000 page lengths.   He either needs to write several times faster, or wrap this story up in a vastly accelerated plot than what he's decelerated into.   The shows are fast overtaking the books and unfortunately will never finish the story as these actors will be too aged to continue when the time comes (and Martin may well die before completing them).

#190    Wordless Wanderer

Wordless Wanderer

Midnight Snack Muncher

• 2,420 posts

• Tinky winky, Dipsy, La-la, Po! Eh-Oh!

Posted 21 May 2013 - 09:23 AM

That's one of the things I fear, Martin dying before completing the series.

Posted Image

#191    Paranoid Android

Paranoid Android

????????

• 27,067 posts

• Paranoid Android... Gorram it kid, let's frak this thing and go home! Make it so!

Posted 21 May 2013 - 01:10 PM

Dear God that last episode had some awesome points.  Peter Dinklage is by far the star of the show, his acting is absolutely amazing.  His

Spoiler

Amazing.  My only gripe - I was shocked how short the episode was.  It took me turning on the timer to note that 57 minutes had gone by. If I didn't sit through it, I wouldn't have believed it!  I would have sworn I'd been watching for 15-20 minutes only.

Edited by Paranoid Android, 21 May 2013 - 01:10 PM.

Posted Image

My blog is now taking a new direction.  Dedicated to my father who was a great inspiration in my life, I wish to honour his memory (RIP, dad) by sharing with the world what he had always kept to himself.  More details, http://www.unexplain...showentry=27811

#192    DKO

DKO

Ω is Futile.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,837 posts

• When you hear hoofbeats behind you, don't expect to see a zebra - Unless you're in Africa...

Posted 22 May 2013 - 02:38 AM

I've been on holiday so I was able to come back and watch three episodes in a row! Flew by though...

I've said it before but Daenerys army is awesome. Can't wait until she unleashes her power.

Robb Stark has been a huge letdown IMO. Making mistakes left, right and centre.

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe it. - Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Confucius Says:

Man who runs behind car gets exhausted.

Man who wants pretty nurse must be patient.

#193    sarah_444

sarah_444

Poltergeist

• 2,864 posts

• "It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see." -Henry David Thoreau

Posted 22 May 2013 - 03:19 AM

I missed the first 10 minutes, but I really enjoyed the last episode.  The last scene was especially great though, it had me sitting on the edge of the couch! And then yelling because...
Spoiler

Edited by sarah_444, 22 May 2013 - 03:20 AM.

#194    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 12,349 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 03:41 AM

View Postsarah_444, on 22 May 2013 - 03:19 AM, said:

I missed the first 10 minutes, but I really enjoyed the last episode.  The last scene was especially great though, it had me sitting on the edge of the couch! And then yelling because...
Spoiler
Yeah I was shouting the same thing at the TV...uhhh Sam, after you notice what just happened, pick that thing up, and take it with you!   I can understand they were both scared out of their wits especially with that flock of crows flying after them, but still.

#195    Merc14

Merc14

anti-woo magician

• 6,638 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 03:58 AM

View Postsarah_444, on 22 May 2013 - 03:19 AM, said:

Spoiler
Everyone at my house was yelling the same thing but I think he has a whole bag full of the obsidian or "dragonglass" weapons.  Anyways, I am glad Sam had his big day.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users