Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Game of Thrones

• Please log in to reply
538 replies to this topic

#271    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

hi

• 8,590 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 09:40 AM

View Postxsas, on 11 June 2013 - 10:30 PM, said:

I am going to need something else to watch now, until The Walking Dead & Game Of Thrones is back.. I might just do the re-runs and sit through them all again.
Read the books!! though if you are not an avid reader, I think you should have  a snip at them, I dont know but by the time you finish them it will nearly be 2014.

#272    Paranoid Android

Paranoid Android

????????

• 26,922 posts

• Paranoid Android... Gorram it kid, let's frak this thing and go home! Make it so!

Posted 13 June 2013 - 01:13 AM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 11 June 2013 - 04:36 PM, said:

If you look at his IMDb ,it says he was in it,but it was way into his career already ,and looks like his one of maybe two fantasy roles .
He plays a human 99% of the time,as per his IMDb .
Warwick plays a fantasy character 99% of the time .
True enough, but it's also fair to point out that I recognise most of the movies on Warwick Davis' list, but the ones on Peter Dinklage's list are almost totally unknown to me.  Of course, I am a fan of sci-fi and fantasy films, which generally include "non-human" characters.

Posted Image

My blog is now taking a new direction.  Dedicated to my father who was a great inspiration in my life, I wish to honour his memory (RIP, dad) by sharing with the world what he had always kept to himself.  More details, http://www.unexplain...showentry=27811

#273    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 12,167 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 02:18 AM

Robert Baratheon was alone in his worry about what could be 20,000 Dothraki screamers invading the seven kingdoms and holing up its Lords in their high castle walls after slaughtering everyone within reach on the open ground.   Even he had no idea how much worse it could actually get.   Neither freed Meereen slaves nor Astaporian Unsullied nor Essosi dragons fear the black salt water.

"The power to declare war, including the power of judging the causes of war, is fully and exclusively vested in the Legislature.  The Executive has no right, in any case, to decide the question" ~ James Madison
"Peace cannot be achieved by force, only by understanding."  ~ Albert Einstein
"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela
"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians.  Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." ~ Mahatma Gandhi

#274    Merc14

Merc14

anti-woo magician

• 6,464 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 02:30 AM

View PostYamato, on 13 June 2013 - 02:18 AM, said:

Robert Baratheon was alone in his worry about what could be 20,000 Dothraki screamers invading the seven kingdoms and holing up its Lords in their high castle walls after slaughtering everyone within reach on the open ground.   Even he had no idea how much worse it could actually get.   Neither freed Meereen slaves nor Astaporian Unsullied nor Essosi dragons fear the black salt water.

So many directions this story can go but I can see it ending with something like you suggest.  Imagine a gutted westeros, weakend by internecine wars, starved during a long winter after the crops were destroyed in said wars and then the cringing populace decimated by the white walkers.  Finally spring arrives and you look up and see three dragons led by an angry blonde empress flying at the head of an army of thousands.  I have no idea at all where we are headed but ....

Believing when there is no compelling evidence is a mistake.  The idea is to withhold belief until there is compelling evidence and if the universe does not comply with our predispositions, okay, then we have the wrenching obligation to accommodate to the way the universe really is.  - Carl Sagan

Who is more humble, the scientist who looks at the universe with an open mind and accepts whatever the universe has to teach us or somebody who says everything in this book should be considered the literal truth and never mind the fallibility of the human beings involved in the writing of this legend - Carl Sagan

#275    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

hi

• 8,590 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 09:16 AM

"A bear there was, a bear, a bear!
All black and brown, and covered with hair!
Oh, come, they said, oh come to the fair!
The fair? Said he, but I'm a bear!
All black, and brown, and covered with hair!

And down the road from here to there.
From here! To there!
Three boys, a goat, and a dancing bear!
They danced and spun, all the way to the fair!

Oh, sweet she was, and pure, and fair!
The maid with honey,
In her hair! Her hair!
The maid with honey in her hair!

He smelled the scent on the summer air!
The bear! The bear!
All black and brown and covered with hair!
He smelled the scent on the summer air!
He sniffed and roared and smelled it there!
Honey on the summer air!

Oh, I'm a maid, and I'm pure and fair!
I'll never dance with a hairy bear!
A bear! A bear!
I'll never dance with a hairy bear!
He lifted her high into the air!
The bear! The bear!

I called for a knight, but you're a bear!
A bear! A bear!
All black and brown and covered with hair!
She kicked and wailed, the maid so fair,
But he licked the honey from her hair!
Her hair! Her hair!

Then she sighed and squealed and kicked the air!
My bear! She sang. My bear so fair!
And off they went, from here to there,
The bear, the bear, and the maiden fair."

#276    rimbaudelaire

rimbaudelaire

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 110 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 07:38 PM

View PostParanoid Android, on 13 June 2013 - 01:13 AM, said:

True enough, but it's also fair to point out that I recognise most of the movies on Warwick Davis' list, but the ones on Peter Dinklage's list are almost totally unknown to me.  Of course, I am a fan of sci-fi and fantasy films, which generally include "non-human" characters.

Dinklage: He's great in 'The Station Agent' (a great film, though it's not sci-fi nor fantasy).

#277    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,266 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 14 June 2013 - 06:32 AM

View PostMerc14, on 13 June 2013 - 02:30 AM, said:

So many directions this story can go but I can see it ending with something like you suggest.  Imagine a gutted westeros, weakend by internecine wars, starved during a long winter after the crops were destroyed in said wars and then the cringing populace decimated by the white walkers.  Finally spring arrives and you look up and see three dragons led by an angry blonde empress flying at the head of an army of thousands.  I have no idea at all where we are headed but ....

Go Dany go Dany go Dany .......*dances*

View Postrimbaudelaire, on 13 June 2013 - 07:38 PM, said:

Dinklage: He's great in 'The Station Agent' (a great film, though it's not sci-fi nor fantasy).
That's the role that really brought him to everyone's attention .

Miss me?

#278    Paranoid Android

Paranoid Android

????????

• 26,922 posts

• Paranoid Android... Gorram it kid, let's frak this thing and go home! Make it so!

Posted 18 June 2013 - 06:19 AM

Monday night felt empty without my regular GoT fix :(

Posted Image

My blog is now taking a new direction.  Dedicated to my father who was a great inspiration in my life, I wish to honour his memory (RIP, dad) by sharing with the world what he had always kept to himself.  More details, http://www.unexplain...showentry=27811

#279    Ohelemapit

Ohelemapit

My freestyle rapping career didn't work out, so I came back

• 6,293 posts

• The illegitimate love-child of Strategy and Creativity. Sex God, Entrepreneur, Super Hero, Rapper, Table Dancer.

Posted 18 June 2013 - 10:02 AM

Empty and just boring..

Posted Image

#280    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

hi

• 8,590 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 10:12 AM

Winds of Winter should be released next year!!!
http://www.hypable.c...ream-of-spring/

#281    Merc14

Merc14

anti-woo magician

• 6,464 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 05:40 PM

View PostThe New Richard Nixon, on 19 June 2013 - 10:12 AM, said:

Winds of Winter should be released next year!!!
http://www.hypable.c...ream-of-spring/

Great interview!

Believing when there is no compelling evidence is a mistake.  The idea is to withhold belief until there is compelling evidence and if the universe does not comply with our predispositions, okay, then we have the wrenching obligation to accommodate to the way the universe really is.  - Carl Sagan

Who is more humble, the scientist who looks at the universe with an open mind and accepts whatever the universe has to teach us or somebody who says everything in this book should be considered the literal truth and never mind the fallibility of the human beings involved in the writing of this legend - Carl Sagan

#282    Tutankhaten-pasheri

Tutankhaten-pasheri

Buratinologist

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 07:29 PM

Seems to be a new genre on Youtube, TV viewers recorded reactions of themselves as they watch the Red Wedding live. Quite entertaining some of them

#283    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 8,862 posts

• "Legio nomen mihi est, quia multi sumus"

God has no religion ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Posted 21 June 2013 - 01:29 AM

View Postxsas, on 18 June 2013 - 10:02 AM, said:

Empty and just boring..

just a thought ...

Posted Image

:lol:

heheheheh ... i never tire of this one ....

sorry //:3p
`

~

third_eye ' s cavern ~ bring own beer

~

#284    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

hi

• 8,590 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 12:36 PM

Does anyone have The Lands of Ice and Fire?

#285    Paranoid Android

Paranoid Android

????????

• 26,922 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 02:27 PM

Before this post, I hadn't even heard of the Lands of Ice and Fire. Sounds somewhat similar to Robert Jordan's Worlds of the Wheel of Time - not quite essential for the books, but sometimes useful and rarely actually used. I'll probably buy it just for the sake of saying I've owned it :whistle:

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users