Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Jumbo Demolition Squads

elephant cruelty

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1    Eldorado

Eldorado

Unforgiven

• 11,911 posts

• I reckon so.

Posted 16 March 2013 - 10:39 PM

"Elephants used to bulldoze shacks in forest."

"..animal lovers have blasted using the endangered elephants in jumbo demolition squads as cruelty.
PETA India, CEO, Poorva Joshipura said: ““Forcing these animals to ram into concrete and iron is a violation of Section 11 of the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals Act and shows a total disregard for the welfare of our nation’s heritage animal."
http://www.mirror.co...-forest-1764504

Sad.  And also sad that the newspaper I've linked seems to think it's amusing.  Or am I being too 'sensitive'?

#2    Ashotep

Ashotep

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,993 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 17 March 2013 - 02:35 PM

Don't think your being too sensitive.  It may be the only way to get this job done but is it worth it.  The shacks would eventually fall in.

#3    sear

sear

Astral Projection

• Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 626 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 11:20 AM

"Or am I being too 'sensitive'?" El
I think riding horseback is cruel.
If you don't, try putting a bit in your mouth, and then have some cowboy start yanking the reins.

Is the locus of this topic India?
India's an emerging nation. Perhaps it's on the cusp of substituting bulldozers for this. But that's presumptive. There may be some elephants that would rather have the job, than not be alive.

#4    Professor Buzzkill

Professor Buzzkill

Integrity is all we have

• 2,980 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 09:43 PM

View Postsear, on 18 March 2013 - 11:20 AM, said:

I think riding horseback is cruel.
If you don't, try putting a bit in your mouth, and then have some cowboy start yanking the reins.

Is the locus of this topic India?
India's an emerging nation. Perhaps it's on the cusp of substituting bulldozers for this. But that's presumptive. There may be some elephants that would rather have the job, than not be alive.

But that horse would not be alive if it wasn't for human's who had a large role in breeding different horses for different tasks. I guess you could argue that no life is better than having a bit in your mouth for hours most days, but i don't think that is a sound arguement.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users