Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Palin calls Obama a liar in speech to CPAC

Kowalski

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Sarah Palin, the 2008 Republican vice presidential nominee, called President Barack Obama a liar and urged her party to stand by conservative values, rousing the crowd at a conservative conference on Saturday.

"Barack Obama promised the most transparent administration ever. Barack Obama, you lie," the former Alaska governor said in an address to the Conservative Political Action Conference near Washington.

She was echoing a line from a Republican member of the House of Representatives who shouted at Obama during a speech to Congress in 2009 and accused him of lying about healthcare for illegal immigrants.

Palin's line drew a big round of applause from the audience, made up of Republican lawmakers and conservative activists.

She took aim at Obama's plans to push gun control legislation through Congress, including background checks for gun buyers.

"More background checks? Dandy idea, Mr. President. Should have started with yours," she said in a speech peppered with one-liners and folksy language.

Palin called on Republicans to stick to conservative principles as they learn lessons from Obama's 2012 election victory over Mitt Romney.

"We're not here to put a fresh coat of rhetorical paint on our party. We're not here to abandon our principles in a contest of government giveaways. That's a game we will never, ever win. We're here to restore America," she said.

Taken from http://news.yahoo.com/palin-calls-obama-liar-speech-conservative-activists-220841298--business.html

I loved it when she appeared with that Big Gulp! That was great. :clap:

Oh god her again, send her to North Korea as goodwill ambassador

• Like 1

I'm so sick of her and her rhetoric.

• Like 1

People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

One politician calling another politician a liar never ceases to amuse me.

• Like 1

Trying hard to gain some relevance again, ain't she?

I had zero faith in Sarah. She, to this day, does not understand that she is a primary reason the McCain lost....

She is a lovely woman. She is pleasing to the eye, that is for sure...but that has zero relevance in the issues that we as a nation must confront.

"Dubya" was my last straw with the GOP. I had voted Republican my entire life. My first election was Reagan's second term. I voted for him. I voted for daddy Bush. Both times. I voted for Dubya both times but it was shortly after the second election that I realized I was a lost soul. I started doing some research into the political parties and voila...I discovered I was actually closer to a Libertarian than anything else. I voted for Bob Barr in 2008 and Gary Johnson in 2012. I do not regret standing for what I believe in...even if they probably cannot win.

I will probably continue to vote Libertarian....that is until a candidate convinces me that they are for freedom and small GOV...otherwise, that is the spine of the Libertarian movement. I like that.

Those that fear Libertarianism need to consider this...."Liberty means responsibility....which is why most men dread it"...George Bernard Shaw....

Big freedom and personal responsibility....I truly believe this is what our founding fathers had in mind...what we have today with the two wings of the single bird of prey...would make our fore fathers weep....

• Like 3

if i had a choice of listening to her voice... or 10,000 fingernails on a chalkboard ..... i'm not sure which i would choose. That woman bothers me in every way imaginable.

I had zero faith in Sarah. She, to this day, does not understand that she is a primary reason the McCain lost....

She is a lovely woman. She is pleasing to the eye, that is for sure...but that has zero relevance in the issues that we as a nation must confront.

"Dubya" was my last straw with the GOP. I had voted Republican my entire life. My first election was Reagan's second term. I voted for him. I voted for daddy Bush. Both times. I voted for Dubya both times but it was shortly after the second election that I realized I was a lost soul. I started doing some research into the political parties and voila...I discovered I was actually closer to a Libertarian than anything else. I voted for Bob Barr in 2008 and Gary Johnson in 2012. I do not regret standing for what I believe in...even if they probably cannot win.

I will probably continue to vote Libertarian....that is until a candidate convinces me that they are for freedom and small GOV...otherwise, that is the spine of the Libertarian movement. I like that.

Those that fear Libertarianism need to consider this...."Liberty means responsibility....which is why most men dread it"...George Bernard Shaw....

Big freedom and personal responsibility....I truly believe this is what our founding fathers had in mind...what we have today with the two wings of the single bird of prey...would make our fore fathers weep....

Yea thats almost to the tee my exact story. Only difference is I voted for Ron Paul in the primaries, then didnt bother voting at all in the presidencial elections. GWB's second term opened my eyes big time to the fraud our two headed one party system is. Then I deprogramed myself from main stream to see through all the lies. It was a hard pill to swallow at first, but over all the experiance was very liberating.

• Like 3

if i had a choice of listening to her voice... or 10,000 fingernails on a chalkboard ..... i'm not sure which i would choose. That woman bothers me in every way imaginable.

Her voice is a lethal weapon, brains explode like in Scanners when she speaks. Also, she is not just dumb, she is a IQ-vacuum,... no scratch that, she is a IQ-Black hole. She seem to suck up the intelligence of her surroundings and make them stupider in the process, without gaining anything for herself.

When she opens her mouth, clocks stop, milk turns sour and children starts to cry.

• Like 1

one thing you got to give her, wheather you hate her or not, she is right about this one. she also lies, i'm sure, but she is not in a position to do much damage, not even close.

• Like 2

ohh look. she's trotting out the birth certificate issue.

again.

The television shows I watch make fun of Sarah Palin so I hate her. I'm not even sure who the current vice president is, (I think his name is Sequester or something), but I know that she would have made a bad president.

• Like 1

Her and the now days spineless maverick-Barry and brainless Joe

The 08 election had complete failure written all over both sides.Does anyone honestly think we the people still have any say so in who gets to be the nominees?If we do and these were the people the majority thought would be our best options then we are in serious trouble!Idiotic leaders leading idiotic sheep.

Though i will say sarah did look pretty good in that black and red outfit she had on that one time,and she is for gun rights so :gun:

• Like 3

2015: Breaking News......(I'd like to see)

Ron Paul to lead Libertarian Party in Presidential Election. Early polls show unpresidented support for fast growing independant party!

Based on primary numbers, victory is assured.

(At last the two headed monster party is slain, Hail to America)

• Like 1