Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Palin calls Obama a liar in speech to CPAC

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1    Kowalski

Kowalski

The Original Penguin Conspiracy Theorist

• 4,102 posts

• It's All Some Kind Of Wacked Out Conspiracy....

Posted 17 March 2013 - 02:16 PM

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Sarah Palin, the 2008 Republican vice presidential nominee, called President Barack Obama a liar and urged her party to stand by conservative values, rousing the crowd at a conservative conference on Saturday.
"Barack Obama promised the most transparent administration ever. Barack Obama, you lie," the former Alaska governor said in an address to the Conservative Political Action Conference near Washington.
She was echoing a line from a Republican member of the House of Representatives who shouted at Obama during a speech to Congress in 2009 and accused him of lying about healthcare for illegal immigrants.
Palin's line drew a big round of applause from the audience, made up of Republican lawmakers and conservative activists.
She took aim at Obama's plans to push gun control legislation through Congress, including background checks for gun buyers.
"More background checks? Dandy idea, Mr. President. Should have started with yours," she said in a speech peppered with one-liners and folksy language.
Palin called on Republicans to stick to conservative principles as they learn lessons from Obama's 2012 election victory over Mitt Romney.
"We're not here to put a fresh coat of rhetorical paint on our party. We're not here to abandon our principles in a contest of government giveaways. That's a game we will never, ever win. We're here to restore America," she said.

Taken from http://news.yahoo.co...--business.html

I loved it when she appeared with that Big Gulp! That was great. :clap:

#2    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

hi

• 8,269 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 02:21 PM

Oh god her again, send her to North Korea as goodwill ambassador

#3    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,465 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 17 March 2013 - 02:42 PM

I'm so sick of her and her rhetoric.

#4    Lilly

Lilly

Forum Divinity

• 16,458 posts

• "To thine own self be true" William Shakespeare

Posted 17 March 2013 - 02:47 PM

People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

One politician calling another politician a liar never ceases to amuse me.

"Ignorance is ignorance. It is a state of mind, not an opinion." ~MID~

Posted Image

#5    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,629 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 17 March 2013 - 02:59 PM

Trying hard to gain some relevance again, ain't she?

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#6    Jeremiah65

Jeremiah65

Seeker of knowledge

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,078 posts

• "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle

Posted 17 March 2013 - 05:20 PM

I had zero faith in Sarah.  She, to this day, does not understand that she is a primary reason the McCain lost....

She is a lovely woman.  She is pleasing to the eye, that is for sure...but that has zero relevance in the issues that we as a nation must confront.

"Dubya" was my last straw with the GOP.  I had voted Republican my entire life.  My first election was Reagan's second term.  I voted for him.  I voted for daddy Bush.  Both times.  I voted for Dubya both times but it was shortly after the second election that I realized I was a lost soul.  I started doing some research into the political parties and voila...I discovered I was actually closer to a Libertarian than anything else.  I voted for Bob Barr in 2008 and Gary Johnson in 2012.  I do not regret standing for what I believe in...even if they probably cannot win.

I will probably continue to vote Libertarian....that is until a candidate convinces me that they are for freedom and small GOV...otherwise, that is the spine of the Libertarian movement.  I like that.

Those that fear Libertarianism need to consider this...."Liberty means responsibility....which is why most men dread it"...George Bernard Shaw....

Big freedom and personal responsibility....I truly believe this is what our founding fathers had in mind...what we have today with the two wings of the single bird of prey...would make our fore fathers weep....

"Liberty means responsibility.  That is why most men dread it."  George Bernard Shaw
"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."  Thomas Jefferson

Posted Image

#7    lightly

lightly

metaphysical therapist

• 6,068 posts

• "The future ain't what it used to be"
    Yogi Berra

Posted 20 March 2013 - 12:37 PM

if i had a choice of listening to her voice... or 10,000 fingernails on a chalkboard .....     i'm not sure which i would choose.   That woman bothers me in every way imaginable.

Important:  The above may contain errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and other limitations.

#8    CRYSiiSx2

CRYSiiSx2

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 667 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 12:39 PM

Even though she's twice my age, I wanna make sweet love to her.

Posted Image
NRA - PROTECT THE 2ND AMENDMENT
my twitter @sktm06

#9    preacherman76

preacherman76

Humble Servent

• 10,922 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:07 PM

View PostJeremiah65, on 17 March 2013 - 05:20 PM, said:

I had zero faith in Sarah.  She, to this day, does not understand that she is a primary reason the McCain lost....

She is a lovely woman.  She is pleasing to the eye, that is for sure...but that has zero relevance in the issues that we as a nation must confront.

"Dubya" was my last straw with the GOP.  I had voted Republican my entire life.  My first election was Reagan's second term.  I voted for him.  I voted for daddy Bush.  Both times.  I voted for Dubya both times but it was shortly after the second election that I realized I was a lost soul.  I started doing some research into the political parties and voila...I discovered I was actually closer to a Libertarian than anything else.  I voted for Bob Barr in 2008 and Gary Johnson in 2012.  I do not regret standing for what I believe in...even if they probably cannot win.

I will probably continue to vote Libertarian....that is until a candidate convinces me that they are for freedom and small GOV...otherwise, that is the spine of the Libertarian movement.  I like that.

Those that fear Libertarianism need to consider this...."Liberty means responsibility....which is why most men dread it"...George Bernard Shaw....

Big freedom and personal responsibility....I truly believe this is what our founding fathers had in mind...what we have today with the two wings of the single bird of prey...would make our fore fathers weep....

Yea thats almost to the tee my exact story. Only difference is I voted for Ron Paul in the primaries, then didnt bother voting at all in the presidencial elections. GWB's second term opened my eyes big time to the fraud our two headed one party system is. Then I deprogramed myself from main stream to see through all the lies. It was a hard pill to swallow at first, but over all the experiance was very liberating.

Some things are true, even if you dont believe them.

#10    EllJay

EllJay

Poltergeist

• 2,666 posts

• Today We Are Creating Tomorrow's Yesterday

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:20 PM

View Postlightly, on 20 March 2013 - 12:37 PM, said:

if i had a choice of listening to her voice... or 10,000 fingernails on a chalkboard ..... i'm not sure which i would choose.   That woman bothers me in every way imaginable.

Her voice is a lethal weapon, brains explode like in Scanners when she speaks. Also, she is not just dumb, she is a IQ-vacuum,... no scratch that, she is a IQ-Black hole. She seem to suck up the intelligence of her surroundings and make them stupider in the process, without gaining anything for herself.
When she opens her mouth, clocks stop, milk turns sour and children starts to cry.

"Opinions are like a**holes, everyone seems to have one" - Dirty Harry

"All those who believe in psychokinesis, raise my hand... "

"I have a black belt in Feng Shui, the subtle martial art. I go home to you and move a lamp and a chair... twelve years later you lay there on the floor with broken kneecaps and destitute."

#11    aztek

aztek

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,112 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:29 PM

one thing you got to give her, wheather you hate her or not, she is right about this one. she also lies, i'm sure, but she is not in a position to do much damage, not even close.

RESIDENT TROLL.

#12    CRYSiiSx2

CRYSiiSx2

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 667 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:31 PM

She defends gun owners, I like her.

Posted Image
NRA - PROTECT THE 2ND AMENDMENT
my twitter @sktm06

#13    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 10,820 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 11:58 PM

ohh look. she's trotting out the birth certificate issue.
again.

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

#14    tapirmusic

tapirmusic

Astral Projection

• Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 02:20 AM

The television shows I watch make fun of Sarah Palin so I hate her.  I'm not even sure who the current vice president is, (I think his name is Sequester or something), but I know that she would have made a bad president.

#15    CrimsonKing

CrimsonKing

Common Sense Aficionado

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,634 posts

• "It does not require a majority to prevail,but rather an irate,tireless minority keen to set brushfires in peoples minds" Sam Adams

Posted 21 March 2013 - 02:40 AM

Her and the now days spineless maverick-Barry and brainless Joe

The 08 election had complete failure written all over both sides.Does anyone honestly think we the people still have any say so in who gets to be the nominees?If we do and these were the people the majority thought would be our best options then we are in serious trouble!Idiotic leaders leading idiotic sheep.

Though i will say sarah did look pretty good in that black and red outfit she had on that one time,and she is for gun rights so  :gun:

"If it is not advantageous,do not move.If objectives can not be attained,do not employ the army.Unless endangered do not engage in warfare.The ruler cannot mobilize the army out of personal anger.The general can not engage in battle because of personal frustration.When it is advantageous,move;when not advantageous,stop.Anger can revert to happiness,annoyance can revert to joy,but a vanquished state cannot be revived,the dead cannot be brought back to life." Sun-Tzu

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users