Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 2 votes

Drunk teen killed

• Please log in to reply
395 replies to this topic

#331    preacherman76

preacherman76

Humble Servent

• 10,665 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 08:46 AM

View Postfreetoroam, on 18 March 2013 - 06:52 PM, said:

IS this how we deal with people now...shoot them without evaluation

What wasnt evaluated? Person breaking into a home, check. Any other info you feel you have to gather you do at the risk of you and your families lives.

I pray to God I never ever have to shoot anyone. Or even ever have to point a gun at anyone. But if you are breaking into my home, im not risking the lives of my one and seven year old sons to find out what your intentions are.

Edited by preacherman76, 20 March 2013 - 09:04 AM.

Some things are true, even if you dont believe them.

#332    CRYSiiSx2

CRYSiiSx2

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 610 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 09:08 AM

View PostThe Skater Boy, on 20 March 2013 - 02:03 AM, said:

Ha ha ha. Not likely. Maybe it's my soft British culture (must be that WW2 thing, huh? ;)) but I wouldn't dream of shooting someone unless they were going to shoot me first or were coming at me with another weapon.

It was a 16 year old boy, jesus christ. He didn't have to be shot dead. If he was that drunk, presumably he could barely walk straight. Some threat.

So let me get this straight.  Someone has to be pointing a gun with their finger on the trigger at you or your kids for you to act to defend them?  I wouldn't you watching my back.  I'd be dead.  Pretty sad you would allow a family member of your to take a bullet to the face before you would act to defend them.

The man had every right to defend himself and his family.

Edited by CRYSiiSx2, 20 March 2013 - 09:17 AM.

Posted Image
NRA - PROTECT THE 2ND AMENDMENT
my twitter @sktm06

#333    Lava_Lady

Lava_Lady

Official UM Asylum Resident

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts

• Wha? /:0\

Posted 20 March 2013 - 09:11 AM

This is one of those no win situations.  A person has the right to defend their home, family, and belongings.  I don't think that homeowner was planning to shoot the neighbor boy but he was probably scared for his family.  Unfortunately he probably didn't have the presence of mind to shoot to disable.  What if it really was an armed burglar?  This is a horrible accident, that teenager and his friends made a fatal mistake.  Sad.

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function."  - F. Scott Fitzgerald

#334    CRYSiiSx2

CRYSiiSx2

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 610 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 09:17 AM

View PostLava_Lady, on 20 March 2013 - 09:11 AM, said:

This is one of those no win situations.  A person has the right to defend their home, family, and belongings.  I don't think that homeowner was planning to shoot the neighbor boy but he was probably scared for his family.  Unfortunately he probably didn't have the presence of mind to shoot to disable.  What if it really was an armed burglar?  This is a horrible accident, that teenager and his friends made a fatal mistake.  Sad.

Well, you know this homeowner is going to feel terrible for it, that's sad but he did the right thing.  But any decent man in his situation would have done the same thing.  I would give my life and would kill to ensure my family's safety, their the most important people in the world.

Posted Image
my twitter @sktm06

#335    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 6,654 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:51 PM

View Postpreacherman76, on 20 March 2013 - 08:46 AM, said:

What wasnt evaluated? Person breaking into a home, check. Any other info you feel you have to gather you do at the risk of you and your families lives.

I pray to God I never ever have to shoot anyone. Or even ever have to point a gun at anyone. But if you are breaking into my home, im not risking the lives of my one and seven year old sons to find out what your intentions are.
Now we have a bit more info, (later posts) shows he did confront the youth and had time to evaluate the situation......we have moved on since that.  We may even get more info, hence once other points are established we move on again..............keep up.

Edited by freetoroam, 20 March 2013 - 01:51 PM.

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#336    CRYSiiSx2

CRYSiiSx2

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 610 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:55 PM

View Postfreetoroam, on 20 March 2013 - 01:51 PM, said:

Now we have a bit more info, (later posts) shows he did confront the youth and had time to evaluate the situation......we have moved on since that.  We may even get more info, hence once other points are established we move on again..............keep up.

Later posts by people on here?  Or facts from reliable sources?  23 pages is too many for me to through.

EDIT: The kid is the one to blame here.  Alcohol didn't get him killed, and neither did the gun.  His stupid decision to get flat out trashed was the reason he was shot.

Edited by CRYSiiSx2, 20 March 2013 - 01:59 PM.

Posted Image
my twitter @sktm06

#337    freetoroam

freetoroam

• 6,654 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:57 PM

View PostCollateral Damage, on 20 March 2013 - 12:39 AM, said:

Thank you! No matter what, people who are anti-gun will constantly blame the homeowner, and they make complete fools of themselves doing so. I can't understand their logic whatsoever.
Why don`t you get it? I am not blaming the home owner outright, I am saying there was no need to have killed him outright, the owner had the advantage as we have established his position on the stairs, the state of the youth and the fact that the owner was the one with the pointed gun.
You always turn this to say we are anti gun, WRONG!!! i am anti using your gun to shoot and kill when it was not necessary!

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#338    preacherman76

preacherman76

Humble Servent

• 10,665 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:59 PM

View Postfreetoroam, on 20 March 2013 - 01:51 PM, said:

Well I jumped in on the conversation late, and really didnt want to read 22 pages of comments. Besides my comment was more in general responding directly to the post I quoted.

Some things are true, even if you dont believe them.

#339    freetoroam

freetoroam

• 6,654 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 02:05 PM

View PostCRYSiiSx2, on 20 March 2013 - 01:55 PM, said:

Later posts by people on here?  Or facts from reliable sources?  23 pages is too many for me to through.
Links to the news items. Can`t be ar$ed to look actually,  am going to move on to something else for a bit, maybe a bit of bigfoot debunking.

#340    MoorWalks

MoorWalks

My freestyle rapping career didn't work out, so I came back

• 6,293 posts

• The illegitimate love-child of Strategy and Creativity. Sex God, Entrepreneur, Super Hero, Rapper, Table Dancer.

Posted 20 March 2013 - 02:13 PM

View Postfreetoroam, on 20 March 2013 - 02:05 PM, said:

Links to the news items. Can`t be ar$ed to look actually,  am going to move on to something else for a bit, maybe a bit of bigfoot debunking.

I read every single post here this morning and now all I want to do is "shoot myself"....

Edited by xsas, 20 March 2013 - 02:15 PM.

Posted Image

#341    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 10,270 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 03:05 PM

View Postxsas, on 20 March 2013 - 02:13 PM, said:

I read every single post here this morning and now all I want to do is "shoot myself"....

Just break into a random home early in the morning. Apparently, you'll be evaluated first. LMAO!

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated."
- Hunt for the Skinwalker

"So many people forget that the first country the Nazis invaded was their own." Dr. Abraham Erskine

#342    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

hi

• 7,969 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 03:10 PM

View PostKowalski, on 19 March 2013 - 06:05 PM, said:

If the guy, had a baseball bat, instead of a gun, (some people keep baseball bats by their beds) and hit the kid in the head with it, thinking it was an intruder/burglar, and the kid died, would we be saying homeowners shouldn't have baseball bats??
The owner would have to run over the the teenager and maybe the teenager would of been able to say something or get out or hide quick

#343    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

hi

• 7,969 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 03:14 PM

View PostCRYSiiSx2, on 20 March 2013 - 01:55 PM, said:

EDIT: The kid is the one to blame here.  Alcohol didn't get him killed, and neither did the gun.  His stupid decision to get flat out trashed was the reason he was shot.
well being drunk makes you do stupid descions

#344    CRYSiiSx2

CRYSiiSx2

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 610 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 03:23 PM

View PostThe New Richard Nixon, on 20 March 2013 - 03:14 PM, said:

well being drunk makes you do stupid descions
That's why I don't get why people are blaming the gun.

Posted Image
my twitter @sktm06

#345    FLOMBIE

FLOMBIE

sempere aude

• 2,568 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 03:24 PM

View PostCRYSiiSx2, on 20 March 2013 - 03:23 PM, said:

That's why I don't get why people are blaming the gun.
Nobody is blaming the gun. The question is if the killing was justified. Doesn't matter how he killed him.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users