Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


* * * * * 1 votes

A New Muslim Plan


  • Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#16    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

    Blue fish

  • Member
  • 13,187 posts
  • Joined:22 Jan 2013
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

  • fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 20 March 2013 - 03:15 PM

I rather think fights between the concubines and wives are hardly the reason for modern animosity between Jew and Arab.  It has far more to do with much more recent events.


#17    shaddow134

shaddow134

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,480 posts
  • Joined:25 Apr 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Northern Ontario

  • "I have often regretted my speech, never my silence." - Xenocrates

Posted 20 March 2013 - 04:15 PM

View PostFrank Merton, on 20 March 2013 - 03:15 PM, said:

I rather think fights between the concubines and wives are hardly the reason for modern animosity between Jew and Arab.  It has far more to do with much more recent events.
I'm not saying that it is.I was just commenting on a specific point.

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia." - Charles Schulz

#18    Corp

Corp

    Telekinetic

  • Member
  • 6,950 posts
  • Joined:19 Jun 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Ottawa

Posted 20 March 2013 - 04:24 PM

Sadly seems the closer two religions are the more than want to kill each other. Jews and Muslims should get together to laugh at the Christians. With their thinking Jesus was devine and eating pork. :P

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things: the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth a war, is much worse...A man who has nothing which he is willing to fight for, nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

#19    and then

and then

    Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

  • Member
  • 13,382 posts
  • Joined:15 Dec 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Land's End

  • Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:26 PM

View PostCorp, on 20 March 2013 - 04:24 PM, said:

Sadly seems the closer two religions are the more than want to kill each other. Jews and Muslims should get together to laugh at the Christians. With their thinking Jesus was devine and eating pork. :P
You lost me on that one.  Did you say He ate pork or that Christians do?  If He ate pork I never saw a reference to it.  I agree that loosening up and laughing would be a good thing though.

  We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

#20    Yamato

Yamato

    Forum Divinity

  • Member
  • 10,412 posts
  • Joined:08 Aug 2011
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 20 March 2013 - 07:00 PM

View PostCorp, on 20 March 2013 - 04:24 PM, said:

Sadly seems the closer two religions are the more than want to kill each other. Jews and Muslims should get together to laugh at the Christians. With their thinking Jesus was devine and eating pork. :P
Jesus is divine in Islam, so that's another thing for them to disagree on.   The Qu'ran mentions Jesus 25 times; it mentions Muhammad 4 times.    Jesus didn't even die according to Islamic belief; he rose straight to Heaven so in that sense he's more divine in Islam than he is in Christianity.

"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela

#21    pallidin

pallidin

    Majestic 12 Operative

  • Member
  • 6,395 posts
  • Joined:09 Dec 2004
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Somewhere south of the North Pole

  • "When life gets you down... swim with a dolphin"

Posted 20 March 2013 - 07:40 PM

View PostYamato, on 20 March 2013 - 07:00 PM, said:

Jesus didn't even die according to Islamic belief; he rose straight to Heaven so in that sense he's more divine in Islam than he is in Christianity.

And Muhammad, the insane militant idiot, went straight to Hell.

Doesn't bother me...


#22    Eldorado

Eldorado

    Unforgiven

  • Member
  • 10,235 posts
  • Joined:29 Oct 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Scotland

  • I reckon so.

Posted 20 March 2013 - 07:43 PM

There is only one religion, though there are a hundred versions of it. -- George Bernard Shaw

(lol)


#23    .AKUMA.

.AKUMA.

    Paranormal Investigator

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 827 posts
  • Joined:28 May 2005
  • Gender:Male

  • The True Warrior Enters The Arena with all his powers
    At the Ready.

Posted 20 March 2013 - 08:23 PM

View Postpallidin, on 20 March 2013 - 07:40 PM, said:



And Muhammad, the insane militant idiot, went straight to Hell.

Doesn't bother me...

I doubt it... But either way you seem to have found yamato's comment a little offensive, im curious why?
Did you find islams view of jesus going to heaven rather than dying on the cross...offensive?
Why? wouldnt you be happy that jesus might have never died in the first place? Did he have to die? Just because the bible says he did?

Just curious thats all.

On a side note: i have yet to come across a single muslim who has verbally dammed religious figures of the bible,torah or talmud.
Yet noticeably christans in particular seem to jump on quranic figures every chance they get.........Why?

Oops more questions.

Edited by .AKUMA., 20 March 2013 - 08:25 PM.

One World, One Order

The Greatest Accomplishment of the Devil, Was Convincing the world he doesn't Exist.

#24    pallidin

pallidin

    Majestic 12 Operative

  • Member
  • 6,395 posts
  • Joined:09 Dec 2004
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Somewhere south of the North Pole

  • "When life gets you down... swim with a dolphin"

Posted 20 March 2013 - 10:08 PM

@ .AKUMA.

Your statements and questions are fine. In fact, I note a high degree of maturity within you.

However, allow me to refrain from answering at this time... I do not wish to be any more contentious than I already have.


#25    and then

and then

    Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

  • Member
  • 13,382 posts
  • Joined:15 Dec 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Land's End

  • Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 20 March 2013 - 10:29 PM

View Post.AKUMA., on 20 March 2013 - 08:23 PM, said:

I doubt it... But either way you seem to have found yamato's comment a little offensive, im curious why?
Did you find islams view of jesus going to heaven rather than dying on the cross...offensive?
Why? wouldnt you be happy that jesus might have never died in the first place? Did he have to die? Just because the bible says he did?

Just curious thats all.

On a side note: i have yet to come across a single muslim who has verbally dammed religious figures of the bible,torah or talmud.
Yet noticeably christans in particular seem to jump on quranic figures every chance they get.........Why?

Oops more questions.
Akuma the essence, the very HEART of Christianity is the belief that Jesus 1 is the son of God, 2 that he died as a blood sacrifice for the sin of all mankind and 3 that he defeated death for all of us by resurrecting the third day.  I understand that most in the world do not believe this but this IS what being a Christian means.  When anyone brings into question one of those three FUNDAMENTAL assertions you can see why it would be a challenge for a Christian, no?  It undermines the heart of a belief system.  So if it seems we are attacking Quranic figures it actually is more of returning fire rather than initiating it.  Islam is fundamentally against Christianity, the very definition of "anti christ".  They deny strenuously ALL THREE of these tenets.  Yet they say we worship the same God.  I hope that clears it up.  :tu:

  We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

#26    .AKUMA.

.AKUMA.

    Paranormal Investigator

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 827 posts
  • Joined:28 May 2005
  • Gender:Male

  • The True Warrior Enters The Arena with all his powers
    At the Ready.

Posted 20 March 2013 - 11:00 PM

View Postand then, on 20 March 2013 - 10:29 PM, said:

Akuma the essence, the very HEART of Christianity is the belief that Jesus 1 is the son of God, 2 that he died as a blood sacrifice for the sin of all mankind and 3 that he defeated death for all of us by resurrecting the third day.  I understand that most in the world do not believe this but this IS what being a Christian means.  When anyone brings into question one of those three FUNDAMENTAL assertions you can see why it would be a challenge for a Christian, no?  It undermines the heart of a belief system.  So if it seems we are attacking Quranic figures it actually is more of returning fire rather than initiating it.  Islam is fundamentally against Christianity, the very definition of "anti christ".  They deny strenuously ALL THREE of these tenets.  Yet they say we worship the same God.  I hope that clears it up.  :tu:

I appreciate the response thank you. :)
I will admit I do get confused with christianity at times, many say jesus is the son of god, some say he was god himself. If you place jesus as the son wouldnt it be reasonable to suggest the "father" god himself is the same god of the 3 faiths?
ofcourse jewish and islamic belief differs on jesus, but common ground on the one god can be found.

One World, One Order

The Greatest Accomplishment of the Devil, Was Convincing the world he doesn't Exist.

#27    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

    Is not a number!

  • Member
  • 9,945 posts
  • Joined:08 Nov 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Queensland, Australia.

Posted 21 March 2013 - 12:01 AM

I fail to see why Muslims believing Jesus didn't ressurect is a challenge to MY faith that he did.


#28    and then

and then

    Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

  • Member
  • 13,382 posts
  • Joined:15 Dec 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Land's End

  • Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 21 March 2013 - 12:14 AM

View PostWearer of Hats, on 21 March 2013 - 12:01 AM, said:

I fail to see why Muslims believing Jesus didn't ressurect is a challenge to MY faith that he did.
Perhaps I stated the point incorrectly.  The assertion that we all worship the same God is impossible when the characteristics of that God differ so much.

  We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

#29    pallidin

pallidin

    Majestic 12 Operative

  • Member
  • 6,395 posts
  • Joined:09 Dec 2004
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Somewhere south of the North Pole

  • "When life gets you down... swim with a dolphin"

Posted 21 March 2013 - 01:14 AM

View Postand then, on 21 March 2013 - 12:14 AM, said:

...The assertion that we all worship the same God is impossible when the characteristics of that God differ so much.

Well now, that's a good point.


#30    docyabut2

docyabut2

    Poltergeist

  • Member
  • 3,244 posts
  • Joined:12 Aug 2011

Posted 21 March 2013 - 02:08 AM

Just a question , if  the mosque was built  over the rock that Abraham sacrifice his son Ishamel as the muslims do believe,and promise that land why would they want the temple of  Soloman the desendants of Isaac rebuilt.





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users