Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Argentina's Kirchner raises Falklands

popism protestantism falklands

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1    keithisco

keithisco

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,713 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 08:32 PM

I cant help thinking that this latest Photo Op for Argentine President Cristina Fernandez de Kirchner asking the Pope to intervene to get discussions going with the UK about Sovereignty of the Falkland Islands (Las Malvinas) is going to horribly backfire. The Islanders have voted, and it is now time to respect their right to Self Determination - and not be used as a deflection for The Pres of Argentina to cover up her aweful management of the Economy

The overwhelming majority of Falkland Islanders are Protestant and as such the Pope, should he try to intervene, would hold absolute NO Authority with the Islanders at all.

Read More (Thanks to the BBC) http://www.bbc.co.uk...europe-21835363

#2    Heaven Is A Halfpipe

Heaven Is A Halfpipe

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts

• Hi. My name is Spike.

Posted 18 March 2013 - 08:35 PM

Do they really want their ass whooping again?

You can go the distance, you can run the mile and you can walk straight through HELL with a smile.

My UM Credentials: http://www.unexplain...5

#3    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

hi

• 8,073 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 08:54 PM

She is weak now

#4    keithisco

keithisco

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,713 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 09:03 PM

This latest ploy has made her weaker Politically on the International Stage. Too much Noblesse Oblige is paid to the Vatican, to the RC Cult that is not true to its own Edicts. IMO

#5    Queen in the North

Queen in the North

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,509 posts

• We're more Ceefax people.

Posted 18 March 2013 - 09:09 PM

What can the Pope really do in matters such as these?

Posted Image

#6    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

hi

• 8,073 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 10:16 PM

If they want sort this out then come t the UK? are they scared or what? instead they go to the UN but what if the UN rejects the claims? go to court or something?

#7    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

Is not a number!

• 9,923 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 06:20 AM

Well it could be interesting to see a Catholic Pope siding with a Protestant Queen.
That said, he was a Jesuit. Biggest bunch of "pffft, excommunicate me then, I'm still going to follow my conscience" troublemakers in Catholicism. He'll side with justice.

#8    skookum

skookum

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 08:27 AM

Do they discuss any other politics in Argentina other than the Falklands?  Their economy is also shot, they have defaulted on payments and have inflation of 25%.  Yet all they keep banging on about is this.

Posted Image

#9    Corp

Corp

Telekinetic

• 6,950 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 04:53 PM

From what I understand the two hate each other. I don't think the Pope is going to be giving her any kind of support.

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things: the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth a war, is much worse...A man who has nothing which he is willing to fight for, nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

#10    Heaven Is A Halfpipe

Heaven Is A Halfpipe

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts

• Hi. My name is Spike.

Posted 19 March 2013 - 06:06 PM

Thank god we live in a country (and world) where his opinion on such matters makes zero difference. The people voted, end of story. Unless, of course, God object through the Pope :whistle:

You can go the distance, you can run the mile and you can walk straight through HELL with a smile.

My UM Credentials: http://www.unexplain...5

#11    Thanato

Thanato

Government Agent

• 4,083 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 02:08 AM

"Pope! Pope! The people on that island want to be british! Can you make the world hate them so much they want to join us?"

"I would never wish that on my worst enemy. Now I have to go run an Illuminati err I mean Pope Meeting."

"Your toast has been burnt, and no amount of scrapping will remove the black parts!" ~Caboose

"I will eat your unhappyness!" ~Caboose

"Freedom isn't bought in stores, it is bought on battlefields." ~Thanato

#12    ExpandMyMind

ExpandMyMind

Telekinetic

• Closed
  • 6,628 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 08:43 PM

Well the Pope has already stated publicly that he thinks the Falklands belong to Argentina and that the war was a defensive one. So it's not a stretch to think that this is the one matter where he would back her up.

This being said, Argentina will never have the ability to take them from Britain.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users