Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Fukushima Nuclear Plant

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#16    CRYSiiSx2

CRYSiiSx2

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 608 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:00 PM

Godzilla wasn't Sci-Fi.  It was a prediction, he is mutating from a frog as speak.

Posted Image
NRA - PROTECT THE 2ND AMENDMENT
my twitter @sktm06

#17    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:04 PM

The life of nuclear power plants is about 30 to 40 years.  Fukushima was brought on line in 1971.  It should of never been built so close to the ocean or on a fault line to begin with.

Yes on all those. It was due to be decommisioned but that does us no good now. The worst part of this ongoing event and what seperates it from Chernobyl is it has not been capped. In essence we are one small disaster from full meltdowns and the total amount of rods is equivalent to 100's if not 1000's of Hiroshimas.

#18    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 11 April 2013 - 07:42 AM

Newest Update:

#19    Zaphod222

Zaphod222

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,594 posts

• When the gods wish to punish us, they answer our prayers.
    (Oscar Wilde)

Posted 11 April 2013 - 09:39 AM

View PostAsteroidX, on 19 March 2013 - 05:01 AM, said:

I think I spent 7 hours reading up about the accident and aftermath last night. I did not have comms when the accident happened. Just saw the very basics from MSM. So I was suprised and didnt realize my land has radiation in it now. The ocean spill is gonna be the hugest natural disaster this world has ever witnessed IMO and they are rating it higher then the Chernobyl event now.

Who is "they"? Your favourite conspiracy theorists?

"The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible." (Salman Rushdie)

#20    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 10:03 AM

Its your Governments plan to dump the radiated water in the ocean if they run out of storage not mine.

But dont get me wrong its a horrible accident caused by mother nature. But then again perhaps nuclear is not the best idea on such a seismically active area. But who am I just a scmuck that gets to watch your garbage wash up on my local beaches.

#21    Emma_Acid

Emma_Acid

Alien Abducter

• 4,425 posts

• Godspeed MID

Posted 18 April 2013 - 10:42 AM

View Postnotoverrated, on 19 March 2013 - 03:55 AM, said:

-.- dont you think we should probably figure out how to completely control the plants before we start relying on them?

We can control them. What we shouldn't be doing is building them on a coast next to an active fault line. Nuclear remains the most efficient and safest energy option.

View PostExpandMyMind, on 19 March 2013 - 08:02 AM, said:

I'm not sure what caused Chernobyl, but I would hazard a guess at scrimping on costs and lack of proper maintenance.

Basically, yes. They ran a dangerous safety test during a shift change, so the new workers weren't aware they were shutting the reactor safety systems down. Utter stupidity.

Regardless of this, Chernobyl could not happen with today's reactors.

"Science is the least subjective form of deduction" ~ A. Mulder

#22    sear

sear

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 429 posts

• "A prudent question is one half of wisdom." William James

Posted 18 April 2013 - 05:08 PM

Fish caught off the California coast have been found to have Fukushima radioactivity.

Then there's the matter of the Japanese debris that's piling up on or Pacific coast. Docks, boats, soccer balls ...

#23    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 05:57 AM

Thank You Sear I knew they were going to test the fish in Cali didnt know they had. The stuff up here in Oregon so far seems to be non radioactive as it was ahead of the radiatiated water and the fastest of the garbage to cross the Pacific. Not so certain about later debris or if what we have already has some radiation.

Fish and later debris are obviously the biggest concern and the eddying effect of the PNW and the entire western seaboard that will trap the radioactive water along the coasts from Alaska to Chile for many many years to come. Although this may help dilute it somewhat.

Another dump into the ocean or if theres a problem with Hanford radiation sludge escaping into the Columbia or Willamette rivers again then we have a pretty messy looking radiological event up here.

#24    Zeta Reticulum

Zeta Reticulum

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 12:04 AM

Luckily the other rector at Fukutoo didn't go as well

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users