Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Cyprus: Cash Flown Out To British Troops

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1    Ohelemapit

Ohelemapit

My freestyle rapping career didn't work out, so I came back

• 6,293 posts

• The illegitimate love-child of Strategy and Creativity. Sex God, Entrepreneur, Super Hero, Rapper, Table Dancer.

Posted 19 March 2013 - 04:26 PM

This is a first.. this government as done something that actually benefits Britain!!!

Banks in Cyprus have been closed since before the weekend and will not reopen until Thursday in order to prevent a run on the banks as the government discusses taxing all savers in order to secure an EU bailout.

Soldiers stationed on the island and their families would be able to borrow the money if cash machines and debit cards stop working completely, the Ministry of Defence said.

"The MoD is proactively approaching personnel to ask if they want their March, and future months' salaries paid into UK bank accounts, rather than Cypriot accounts," it said in a statement.

"We're determined to do everything we can to minimise the impact of the Cyprus banking crisis on our people."

Source to full story

Posted Image

#2    Ealdwita

Ealdwita

Hwt oredmcg

• 5,272 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 04:51 PM

View Postxsas, on 19 March 2013 - 04:26 PM, said:

This is a first.. this government as done something that actually benefits Britain!!!

Watch 'em....the buggers are up to something!

Unless HM Government's worried about the amount of L85A2's and flak jackets that may appear on sale in the markets around Dhekelia!

"Gæð a wyrd swa hio scel, ac gecnáwan þín gefá!": "Fate goes ever as she shall, but know thine enemy!".
I can teach you with a quip, if I've a mind; I can trick you into learning with a laugh; Oh, winnow all my folly and you'll find, A grain or two of truth among the chaff!
(The Yeoman of the Guard ~ Gilbert and Sullivan)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users