Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Lost gold ring

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1    Filmfun

Filmfun

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 08:15 AM

Hi everyone,

I'd be really grateful for any help.

I'm in a houseshare in London.  Monday morning  while I was getting ready to go to work, I lost a gold engraved ring, which I've had for, at least 20 years. It belonged to my great aunt, and then when she died, my parents had it engraved with my initials, and there has hardly been a day really when I haven't worn it .

Monday morning I placed it on the bed in my room with my clothes and wristwatch while I showered etc. and when I came back and started to dress, picking up my clothes from the bed caused my watch to dislodge and fall on the floor. I quickly went for my ring to check it was still on the bed and it wasn't. Hunted high and low - no sign - only once I lifted up the mattress and I could hear 'something' 'pitter-pattering' down it, but on looking carefully on the other side of the bed, the floor etc. there was no sign.

While I was at work, my landlord even took my room apart to try and find it, but no luck. I feel it *must* be in the room somewhere, but when I got home, we both had another search without success.

If there's any way you might be able to help or suggest advice, I'd be so grateful. The ring is so dear to me - keeps me close to my late parents.   I'm afraid I don't have a picture of it, but it is gold with the initials RJC in an elegant font.

Thanks so much everyone, and enjuoy your day :-)

#2    Arbenol

Arbenol

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,775 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 08:28 AM

Is there any way it could have got inside the mattress? Might be worth a look.

Failing that, check down the back of the sofa. You might not find your ring, but I'll bet you'll turn up a few quid and a still-edible lolly.

Good luck.

#3    Filmfun

Filmfun

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 08:33 AM

Photos of my room if it helps.  Checked the mattresss and area around the bed without any luck .

Attached Files

• Attached File  1.jpg   42.2K   2 downloads
  • Attached File  2.jpg   52.94K   2 downloads
  • Attached File  3.jpg   52.07K   2 downloads
  • Attached File  4.jpg   55.77K   2 downloads

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users