Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Pope Francis has Official Inauguration

pope; frances; inauguration;

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1    libstaK

libstaK

Nosce Te Ipsum

• 6,926 posts

• Hello Reality and all that is True
    When Oxymoron was defined it was just for you

Posted 20 March 2013 - 09:23 AM

Thousand's packed St Peter's Square for the Official Inauguration of Pope Frances.

It was with a call for the protection of the weakest in society that Franciswas officially inaugurated Tuesday as the Catholic Church's 266th pontiff, before a crowd of tens of thousands bathed in sunlight.

Before he spoke, he was given the official symbols of his papacy: a lamb's wool shawl, to represent his role as "the good shepherd," and the Fisherman's Ring, to represent his role of spreading the gospel.
The ring is not solid gold like that of his predecessors, but made of gold-plated silver -- again reflecting his desire for simplicity.

He spoke too of the need to protect "all creation, the beauty of the created world" as instructed by the Bible and shown by St. Francis of Assisi, whose name he took as pope.
This, he said, "means respecting each of God's creatures and respecting the environment in which we live. It means protecting people, showing loving concern for each and every person, especially children, the elderly, those in need, who are often the last we think about."

Excerpts from below CNN article:

http://edition.cnn.c....html?hpt=hp_t4

"I warn you, whoever you are, oh you who wish to probe the arcanes of nature, if you do not find within yourself that which you seek, neither shall you find it outside.
If you ignore the excellencies of your own house, how do you intend to find other excellencies?
In you is hidden the treasure of treasures, Oh man, know thyself and you shall know the Universe and the Gods."

Inscription - Temple of Delphi

#2    Star of the Sea

Star of the Sea

Pienso en ti siempre

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,858 posts

• 'The light of the world'

Posted 20 March 2013 - 06:29 PM

I think he is going to 'shake things up' for the RCC. I bet the 'Curia' are shaking in their boots. It's quite a thing having a 'Jesuit Pope.' :yes:

Edited by Star of the Sea, 20 March 2013 - 06:31 PM.

"Love one another as I have loved you" John 15:9-17

#3    coolguy

coolguy

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts

• Star trek rules

Posted 22 March 2013 - 04:08 AM

Me and my mom watched it.i have to say it was really peacefull really moving.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users