Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Floaters and the I Ching

UM-Bot

Floco Tausin: "Eye floaters" (mouches volantes or muscae volitantes in French and German ophthalmology) is a collective term used in ophthalmology for all possible opacities in the vitreous. Many of them can be traced to physiological disorders like retinal detachment or diabetic vitreoretinopathy. The floaters at issue, though – which are also the most experienced floater type – are considered as 'idiopathic', i.e. without pathological cause. I call them "shining structure floaters" (Tausin 2012a). They are seen as mobile and scattered semi-transparent dots and strands in the visual field, best perceived in bright light conditions (fig 1). These dots and strands float according to the eye movements which makes them hard to focus on.

arrow3.gifView: Full Article

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Saru

• UM-Bot

• keithisco

• Frank Merton

Top Posters In This Topic

Didnt I read this already, about a year ago? It had to do with microscopic organisms floating around in the vitreous / Aqueous humors of the eye??

All of Floco Tausin's articles are on the topic of eye floaters.

You can train yourself to control their movments either up and down or side to side (but I've never been able to force them to move diagonally).

It's kinda fun and a good way to fall asleep.

some appear to be good swimmers! ... when i saw "Floaters" i thought . . well, never mind. :blush: